Venting and Soul Mates

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:51 pm
I found this really great article that I wanted to share, especially since this tends to be the section where people post about love stresses.

I have a friend that I consider my "soul mate." I think that it's easier to love and be connected to a friend in this way than it is a romantic partner. Like she said, it puts too much pressure on the relationship. They are two very different types of love and are hard to balance in one relationship.

My "soul mate" is my best friend, not my boyfriend. My relationship with my boyfriend is too stressful and full of turmoil.

I have another boy (my best friend) that I love dearly, more so than my boyfriend of two years. But it's a different kind of love. I can be myself completely with him, I can be sad, I can be rude, I can be snarky, overjoyed, giggly, hyper, emotional, boring, anything. He knows exactly what I need and gives it to me freely whenever he can. I love when he talks about his girlfriend (they have been together slightly longer than I've been in my relationship), I love seeing him happy. I am just as much there for him as he is for me. I swear that he is the male version of myself, only better. He is the "opposite side of my coin" as the expression goings.

Things with my boyfriend are not so great. Honestly, I am currently wondering if it would be better for myself to break off the relationship as it is starting to become quite emotional and mentally abusive. Even his older sister is telling me that it might be best if I leave him (his entire family loves me and what I have been trying to do to help him with his issues). I am an incredibly patient and loving person, but he makes it hard to be either. For example, he was telling me that I need to weigh about 110lbs to be healthy and attractive. At 110lbs and 5'5", I'd be underweight, even for an athlete that is the bare minimum for healthy. He is currently 280+lbs and has been trying to get to 200lbs for about 3 years now.. and has only succeeded in gaining weight.. which he blames on me. I don't live with him (long distance relationship due to me being in college) so every decision is his own, and I can not force him to go to the gym (which we did everyday when I was living with him) or watch what he eats. When I was with him, he weighed close to 230lbs, but the "stress" I put him under makes him gain weight. And the icing on the cake in this situation is that I told him about how my friend's boyfriend had made a comment about how her body could be more toned, and he asked why she was still with him and said that that guy was an a**hole. Like WTF? xD

But I still love him and want to help him with his issues. I think that if I can convince him to find outlets for his frustrations, that he'd be happier and we could go back to our old relationship, or even something better.

What are your thoughts on soul mates?
Have you found someone who is both lover and soul mate?
What do you look for in a guy?
What are your relationship issues?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:51 pm
:<
- I believe that there's someone out there whose made for someone else.
I also believe that a lot people never find this person. Out of 6 billion
people on this planet, 1 has to be perfect to you.

- I have never found someone I love in a romantic way.
I love a few people, but as I'd love family. Nothing more. I haven't had
feelings for anyone in 6 years. I like to imagine it like my heart
is frozen and, maybe, one day someone will be able to stand the cold.
Be able to withstand the raging blizzard in me and thaw me out.

- I don't look for much in anyone. I guess I'm pansexual.
So, I'm only interested in personality. BUT, since I've been turned off
for 6 years, I don't actually look for relationships. They always seem to find
me. I'm always in a relationship I want no part in. Now, before you all call me heartless,
I agree to it because I don't like making people upset. So, I
pretend to love them to keep them from feeling hurt...

- My relationship issues, besides the fact that I don't want to be in one,
is that whenever I'm in one I feel like I'm not good enough. Like, they
don't need me. I feel used, cheated on, alone. This happens when I
agree to date someone or not, either way. I tend to self-destruct
a relationship by pushing people out, as a result of feeling alone.
I guess I'm just needy. Good thing I have a cat.

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 pm
Brommiel

You are not heartless ^^
I was the same way for awhile

I think that without the love I received from my friends, I would still be that way
For many years I hid behind a persona that I created to protect myself from emotional and physical harm
One part of myself was this weak, tender child, the other part was a cold hearted b*tch who wouldn't make friends.

It took a tremendous amount of hard work, but I was able to, I guess you could call it 'mix' the two personalities and develop from there into who I am today. It took me 5 years to do this, and it's still a uphill battle to not slip back into depression and hid behind my mask again.

I wish you the best of luck. Though I will say that you should do what makes you happy and not worry about others too much.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:12 pm

Honestly, you should walk away from him. If you love someone you don't try to change them. I've put on 8kg since dating my partner from our dinners, picnics and movie nights and he still sees me as perfect as I was when we first met. Love is when you don't care if the person you are with is as big as a house, you love them for what is on the inside. After all, love is blind.

There was a quote from SATC that I love: "Don't laugh at me, but maybe we can be each other's soul-mates? And then, we could let men be just these great, nice guys to have fun with." It's about having your friends as your soul mates instead of waiting for the perfect man to sweep you away.
I guess I have in a way. I like to think that he completes my soul. Like the cement to bricks we fill in each others gaps.
Someone who has a heart and isn't afraid to share their feelings or talk.
Honestly, we don't have any. The only time we have problems is when I get upset over my dad's cancer and accidently snap at him. But we make up in half an hour. xD

Clasela
Crew

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:41 pm
Clasela

I personally don't care about his weight
I'm worried about health concerns, of course. But I don't judge him due to it
That is why I wonder why, at my current weight of 140lbs (63.5 kg) and height of 5'5" (165 cm), he is making hurtful comments about me being overweight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:08 pm
you are my disease
Clasela

I personally don't care about his weight
I'm worried about health concerns, of course. But I don't judge him due to it
That is why I wonder why, at my current weight of 140lbs (63.5 kg) and height of 5'5" (165 cm), he is making hurtful comments about me being overweight.

YOU ARE NOT OVERWEIGHT. YOU ARE PERFECT FOR YOUR SIZE. if you are overweight, then i must be obese since i am five feet and one hundred and twenty pounds.

i thought boyfriends were supposed to be supportive of their girlfriends? o n o
THIS MAKES ME CRY.  

hoenest

Darling

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 pm
you are my disease

Have you asked him? And btw, you are in a healthy weight range, so really, he shouldn't even comment on your weight.
I guess it seems as if he is trying to take his self pity and throw it onto you as he needs someone to blame because he cannot blame himself and that is wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 pm
tanqela

Like I said, he has not been very nice.
And you are perfect the way you are, just as I am

I would like to lose some weight, but only to get into shape and be able to do all of the physical activities that I would like to do.

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:42 pm
Clasela

Exactly so, my dear.

The saddest part about this whole thing, is that despite all of my hard work on myself, I have allowed myself to get sucked into a detrimental relationship
I have worked so hard to make myself stronger than that
I have worked so hard to be my own person
And now I look back and see how I have fooled myself for the past two years... and I look to now and see how I am still attached to him, despite all of the heartache.
I should know better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:40 pm
How rude of him. Sugar you deserve better and need to explain to him how you want him to treat you and your guys relationship.

Soul mates are a wonderful thing and I believe a true soul mate that was met just for you is the Lord's way of sending a special blessing your way. heart

Actually yes but we're not dating just yet because I wanna focus on my studies right now. I can already tell my family might like him. He's everything that completes my heart and soul. He completes my tomboy self completely.
I've known him for a year now and I already know his personality and I like it.

The lord actually gave a friend's friend of his a vision of his future and it included me in it before we even met and he told me and my face turned completely pink when he told me. 4laugh

He has to be loving and not care about how I look. He must be willing to let me share my feelings with him and vice versa. 3nodding

We don't have any right since we're not dating right now. blaugh

Kitty of Music

Lucky Star

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:44 pm

On this one, it truly depends on how a person defines "soul mate" since a lot of people have different definitions. I believe that it's possible for the idea of soul mates to exist. I know that God made me for my husband and my husband for me. When we talked about things we had wanted to do - it sounds like we would've met no matter what. We both talked about one place where we both wanted to work before we met each other and same for internships. I am sure that if we didn't meet when we did - we would have met later on.

Yes, my husband is my best friend, my lover, and my soul mate.

What I had looked for in a guy was that he put God as his #1, a good sense of humor, someone who could cheer me up no matter what, someone who didn't curse or swear, someone that I could just talk to for hours on end, someone I enjoyed spending time with, someone that respected me, someone who loved me for who I am. I got all these things and more - I always thought that my standards were so picky, but nothing is impossible through God.

Ah, every relationships have their own issues from time to time. I prefer to keep my relationship issues between my husband and I.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:16 pm
you are my disease

The thing is, no matter how strong we are, we all get sucked in and are blinded by love.
The hardest part is to pull yourself away, but I guess it really comes down to if you do become what he wishes you to, will he stop there or find something else that he wants you to change?
And can you really continue to live like that? Knowing that you're fooling yourself and that you are not happy with the person you've become from who you used to be?
You've got a lot of thinking to do, sweetie, and if you want someone to rant it out to, I'd be happy to listen. 3nodding

Clasela
Crew

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 am
you are my disease
1.What are your thoughts on soul mates?
2.What do you look for in a guy?
3.What are your relationship issues?

1. I hope they exist... I think some people find their soul mates and some people don't...

2. Respect, Honesty, Caring, Kind... He must treats people well... Someone that I can talk, get along, and share a few same hobbies...

3. I never had a boyfriend yet. I never felt love in a reciprocal way... I'm 23.. sweatdrop Not really young, and not that old either... but I sometimes feel sad because of that.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games