Submit

Strange Lizard

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:42 pm
Lately I've noticed the anxiety getting worst. Thinking about it I've had it for a while but never knew what it was. It'll hit at the worst times, same with the depression, but only at night, unless I get really stressed out.

The only times that I can even consider telling my mom are when I'm in the middle of an "attack" and trying to work up the courage only makes it worse. So I'm trying to find ways to calm myself and pull myself out of the pit of depression. Anyone have any suggestions?

All I know that works is listening to music and that only works sometimes. Most of the time I can never remember to do anything I'm panicking so much  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:39 pm
A good place to start is building self-esteem.

Become confident, tell yourself the qualities you like about yourself most and if you aren't sure what qualities you have that you like - remember other positive comments others have said. Perhaps people have said, "You're a great cook!" or, "You tell funny jokes!" or, "I love your hair!" anything like that, remind yourself of it.

There's nothing more that others appreciate and respect more than a person who is confident! So don't be afraid to step out of your own personal bubble even though it's difficult.

Do something you steer clear from. If it's going into crowds, bring a couple people with you in case you have an attack. Just remember to breathe and tell yourself "I can do this!"

Just tell yourself, "I don't want to be like this anymore! I need to change!" and keep going forth with that change. It will take time and it won't be easy, but well worth it in the end!

To be honest, I have anxiety issues and I've had depression issues before.

I can push depression out of the way easily when I keep myself busy. Generally if I get up, do chores, cook, and have a bit of "me" time to go on the computer, exercise, play video games, watch a movie, perhaps pamper myself a bit - my mind stays away from depression. I just remember to be happy and smile because I want people to be able to describe me as a "joyful person" instead of "depressed; always sad".

As far as anxiety goes, I'm in the process. I can't say I've ever had an "attack" where I hyperventilate. However, there have been plenty of times where I suddenly fall ill before a big social event and I'm sure it's anxiety. Sometimes if I get into an uncomfortable situation I can get sweaty, light-headed, unable to think clearly, etc. What I've been doing is to put myself out of my bubble. I'll tell myself, "Going out will be good - I can get some fresh air, walk around a bit, and meet someone new!" pick out the positives and how doing things that cause your anxiety can end up helping you. Perhaps most of us don't want to go to school or work and say, "I don't want to go!" and it feels like the day drags on, but if we say, "I may learn something exciting and new today!" then it's a lot easier on us. A lot of these things are mind over matter.

Personally, one thing that helps me GREATLY with anxiety and depression is reading The Holy Bible and building a relationship with God. I understand that you may not believe in God or anything like that, but I will say that this is what helps me the most because it is the truth. I can pray and tell God all the things that make me anxious and say, "God, I'm going to let you deal with these issues I have." and God will take those issues for you and allow you to have peace of mind. Without God, it would be a million times harder to try and leave anxiety and depression behind.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

The Maharani

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:28 am
I thoroughly agree with Aquatic blue. She is right on the money (and I'm agnostic!). There's a world that needs you to be the best you you can be. Otherwise it's missing out. You'll get better <3

@Aquatic_blue: I don't know you personally, but I just feel like you're probably a crazy beautiful person inside and out. Lol.

Synck

Aquatic_blue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:42 am
What I do when I can feel an anxiety attack coming on is I go to sleep. A long nap or 12 hours of sleep can work wonders. But uhh.... Aquatic Blue's advice is way better xD  

I Love Bad Puns

Friendly Shapeshifter

Strange Lizard

Distinct Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:21 am
Thanks guys I'll try all that you have suggested

All of your advise has help WAY more than you could know  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:59 am
The Maharani
I thoroughly agree with Aquatic blue. She is right on the money (and I'm agnostic!). There's a world that needs you to be the best you you can be. Otherwise it's missing out. You'll get better <3

@Aquatic_blue: I don't know you personally, but I just feel like you're probably a crazy beautiful person inside and out. Lol.

Synck

Aquatic_blue

Thank you smile I'm sure you are, too. Everyone's beautiful in their own way =D  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500