Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:52 pm
Welcome to the Jade Dragon!

Featuring: Asian cuisine, Sushi and Teppanyaki Hibachi tableside culinary performance  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:06 pm
Layout

Upon entrance to this upscale restaurant, there is a mahogany podium to check in for seating by the maitre'd, next to which is a waterfall fountain. The Maitre'd will direct you to the coat check counter if you need to check one and you will notice a very luxurious waiting area with black upolstered leather chairs and sofas, jade colored walls, mahogany end tables with ornately carved legs in asian design, Asian inspired accents such as vases and sculptures are situated with care, red Asian lanterns hang from the ceiling throughout the entire place. Restroom lounges can be found near the lobby.

The Main Restaurant also has jade walls and red lanterns throughout. Each table has a white tablecloth with another shorter red tablecloth neatly arranged and a small lantern with a candle at every table. Along one side of the dining room is a large wooden platform of mahogany bordered by water containing large Koi and various rock formations reminiscent of a soothing stream. On the end closest to the front doors, there is a tropical saltwater aquarium from floor to ceiling. At various times throughout the day, a diver or aquatic dancer can be seen in the tank with the brightly colored fish. Ornate Asian bridges, two on the side facing the dining room and one opposite the aquarium, give access to the seating on the platform. There are large ornate trees in pots which canape the tables and provide some privacy for the tables. If you prefer something a little more intimate, the other two sides of the restaurant have large black leather upholstered booths. Each is enclosed in mahogany along 3 sides and has an orchid and a candle lit lantern on the table. A few tables are also scattered between the booths and the platform.

The Sushi Bar is to the right. It has a black marble counter, and behind the chefs is a large sculpture of a dragon adorned with jade scales. The shelf is slightly wider than would be needed to support the sculpture. All entrances and exits to the kitchen are on either side of the Sushi Bar. The sushi bar seats 10 guests.

In the very far corner is a Teppanyaki Hibachi Table featuring an impressive table side display of culinary expertise and mastery. Watch out for flying knives and flames. Seats up to 10 guests.

Exclusive VIP Area
The row of booths on the wall opposite the raised platform is VIP seating. These booths are larger and have red fabric draping down from the ceiling pulled back with a large black tassel. The largest booth on the front end of the VIP section is a raised booth exclusively for the MW Ladies and any guests they choose to dine with them. The other tables may be reserved for private parties. Each VIP is greeted and seated promptly…no waiting in the lobby for our VIPs. As you are seated your drink order will be taken and brought out to you immediately along with an assortment of appetizers. You order will be prepared immediately and brought to your table. Our staff is at your beck and call…just ask.

Non-public areas

Inside, the kitchen appears to be a typical restaurant kichen, except for one station off to the side. This station is reserved for Chef Karrie, with everything being positioned slightly higher to accomodate his more than average height. When he is not in the kitchen, this station is not in use. At the back of the kitchen, there are the entrances to the walk-in cooler and freezer, as well as the storerooms. At the end is Karrie's office, which has a window through which he can observe the kitchen.

Karrie's office is painted the same jade green as the dining room. He has a large desk, three chairs (two in front of the desk and one behind), and a filing cabinet, all black. On the walls are framed artworks. The window has curtains that can be closed if needed. The office door locks automatically from the outside when it is closed.  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:29 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:30 pm
Reserved  

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 pm
*with everything finally completed, today was the inspection by the Health Department. Everything passed of course, so Karrie was in late, making sure everything would be ready for the official opening in the morning* All right everybody, I think we're ready. I'll see you all in the morning.

*letting all of the staff out before him, Karrie and Velcore were the last to leave, locking the door behind them for the few hours until morning*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:14 pm
*Kits walks into the dining room of the new Jade Dragon. The maitre'd is just taking a couple to their table, so she waits, admiring the waterfall. When he returns, before she can say anything, she is taken to a corner booth near the front of the restaurant. Sliding into the seat, she glances over at the dragon statue. A flash of white tells her that Velcore is there, in his favorite perch*

Guess that means Karrie's working. Not that I'm surprised, he's always working lately. cat_stare

*she slides further into the booth so that she's sitting close to the middle, where she can see out better. A moment later, the waiter appears with a menu and takes her drink order. She picks out what she wants and closes the menu. It doesn't take long for the waiter to return with her drink. After ordering, she watches the fish, sipping her drink. Looking around, she sees that quite a few tables are empty, due to the late hour. Wondering why she was shown to such a large table, she sighs, making the flame of the candle flutter*

*A second drink is set on the table, and, momentarily startled, Kits looks up and begins to protest that she hadn't ordered anything else. Across the dining room, she sees a tall figure emerging from the kitchen and smiles, realizing that Karrie is coming out to join her*

*as he crosses the room, Karrie removes the jacket and hat that he wore in the kitchen. As he nears the corner booth Kits is in, his pace slows. The soft light of the candle on the table and the way she has her hair up make her look very different from the way he's seen her the last few weeks. She'd been spending a lot of time in her studio, and it seemed like she always had messy hair and paint splatters somewhere. Usually just her clothes, but the last time she'd had a streak of white across her cheek that she'd been completely unaware of. Before he knew it, Karrie had come to a stop in front of the table*

*looks up at Karrie. He's just standing there, staring at her. cat_confused She waits a moment before speaking*

Karrie? Is... something wrong? cat_confused

*shakes his head* No, nothing's wrong.

*slides into the booth, sitting close to Kits, so that their legs almost touch when he stretches his out* I hope you don't mind me joining you. I was just finishing up for the night...

Of course not. *shakes her head* You've been so busy lately, I haven't gotten to spend much time with you.

It's not like you didn't know where I was. rolleyes You haven't exactly made an effort to come see me either. The restaurant's been open for almost two months already, and this is the first time you've been here. I've been going to see you most of the time.

cat_redface I know... *looks down at the table* Things have just been... different lately. I haven't felt much like going out.

*sighs and picks up his glass. After a moment of awkward silence, he speaks* So, any reason you're out tonight? Is there something going on with AS?

*shrugs* Sort of. I had to go to one of the meetings for the neighborhood business owners, so I had to go to AS early to catch up on what's happening there. emotion_facepalm I haven't been spending enough time there, either. Not that things have changed much lately.

It's okay, you know. *takes a drink and sets the glass down* Things can run there just fine without you. It's all right to take a break.

*looks up at him* The same goes for you too. You could take a few days off too. I'm surprised Velcore hasn't complained about you being here so much, instead of spending time with him.

*turns to face her* This is what I enjoy, Kits. I like being here, working in the kitchen. Velcore knows that, and I've made a place for him here, so he can stay near me. *brushes a loose piece of hair out of her face and smiles* A lot like you did for your pets at Aqua Springs.

I guess...

Your pets don't feel ignored, and neither does Velcore. *brushes his fingers against her cheek again* This hairstyle... I don't think I've seen you do that before. You usually don't put your hair up unless it's in pigtails.

I thought... it looked good with the dress. cat_confused *isn't sure why he's bringing it up, since it's not something he'd usually even notice*

It does. But I think I like the pigtails better. They suit you more. *starts to lean in closer to her*

*looks up suddenly when she hears the quiet rattle of dishes on the waiter's tray as he pauses nearby before bringing their meals to the table. Karrie leans against the back of the booth, picking his glass up to take another drink*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 pm
*Kits and Karrie are quiet as they eat. Finally, Karrie pushes his plate away*

So how is your painting coming? I haven't seen it for a few days.

Slowly. *grimaces* I just can't get it to look right. I think I need somebody to model for me. But...

But... there isn't anybody here now that you'd want to ask?

*shakes her head* No. I don't like asking people. I mean, if dame were here... but she's not in town anymore.

So go see her. You've been talking about it for the last month anyway, and you know they'd be glad to see you.

I know. It just seems awkward. It's a new town, I'd never even heard of the place before I found out that the Ladies had moved there. cat_sweatdrop

Kits, you need to stop thinking about it and just go. You won't find it so strange once you're there, and it's not like you don't know anybody. Why don't you just take a couple of days and go out there. I'm sure there's more than enough space, somebody will let you stay with them. Probably dame...

*nods* Probably. She did say she's got a lot of room...

See? I bet she wants you to go visit. Here, *pulls his keys out of his pocket* I'll even let you take my car, so you don't have to worry about how to get there.

*blinks in surprise when he hands the keys to her* Umm... thank you, Karrie.

*smiles and pulls her close to him, putting his arm around her* Don't mention it. Just go! *laughs softly*

*nods* I will... soon.

All right. I'm going to send Velcore over to bug you every day until he tells me you've gone. *grins*

*giggles, knowing the dragon will do just that, and bug her for treats at the same time* Okay. *leans against him for a moment, then pulls away, sliding down the bench* I think I'm ready to go home now.

Sounds good to me. I'm tired. *gets up and waves to Velcore, who glides down from his perch to join them on their way outside*  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 pm
*feeling as though it's been a while since she's been there, Kits walks into the Jade Dragon for dinner. She's greeted by the maitre'd, but told that currently they don't have any tables free. They'd had a large number of reservations, which was unusual for a Tuesday night* I understand. I'll wait. *goes to take a seat in the lobby, where several couples are waiting* Guess it's going to be a while... *sighs*

*pushes the front door open to let himself into the building. About to jump up to fly near the ceiling to his perch by the dragon statue, he pauses* Kits! *goes up and puts his head in her lap*

Velcore! *smiles and pets the dragon, scratching his jaw* I didn't expect you to be here, Karrie doesn't normally work this late.

He stayed because they are busy. *nods, then looks around* Why are you sitting here? confused

There's... no free tables. That's why we're all sitting here. *gestures to the others, who are looking apprehensively at Velcore*

*frowns* You should not wait. *walks up to the maitre'd and speaks to him for a moment, the man's face turning pale at the dragon's words. Turning back to Kits, he grins* You will sit with me.

cat_lol No offense, Velcore, but I can't sit up on that shelf!

Not there. *nudges her until she stands up, then leads here to the front VIP table* Here. *climbs onto the seat, curving his body around with the bench until only the end of his tail is hanging out. He pulls his front legs up onto the table* I do not like the booths, they are harder to sit at. It is a good thing I am flexible.

It is... But Velcore, I can't sit here... *trails off as the maitre'd places a menu on the table for her*

You will. This table does not get used. Karrie would not want you to wait. So you will sit here, with me.*nods at the end of his statement*

Well... all right, I guess. *her stomach growls as she sits next to Velcore* I suppose they'd consider you a VIP anyway, being Karrie's dragon. *picks up her menu, looking over the section that lists seasonal specials*

*lowers himself back onto the bench, putting his head in Kits' lap, and sighs*  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 pm
*goes into the Jade Dragon and finds that there are a few couples waiting to be seated. She waves the maitre'd away when he offers to seat her first, saying that she can wait. One of the women waiting appears offended by his offer, and starts to make a scene, loudly complaining that they had been waiting for almost half an hour already. Kits calmly turned to her* I've already turned his offer down. I can see that the restaurant is busy, and I didn't make a reservation, just like I'm guessing you didn't. I really don't see why you're making such a big deal over it now.

*Gwee slips inside when the door is opened to let a group out, and flies over to land on the front of the maitre'd's podium*

Why would he even offer to seat you before the rest of us? What makes you so special? *eyes Kits' ears, assuming them to be fake, while her date pulls on her arm, apologizing to Kits*

*laughs, startling everyone watching* Who am I? Oh, nobody important. Just a very, very close friend of the owner. *turns and holds her hand out to Gwee for him to climb up onto her shoulder* But, I already turned the offer down, so if you have a problem, well, deal with it or find somewhere else to go. Either way, I don't really care. *scratches under Gwee's chin*

*Velcore glides down from his perch next to the dragon sculpture and crosses the dining room, pushing his head under Kits' hand*

What are these... animals doing here? *gives Velcore a disgusted look and mutters about health codes*

Animal? *sits up on his back legs, looking down at the woman* I am not just an animal. I am a dragon. People should think they are lucky to see one dragon, and there are two here. *frowns* I think, though, seeing a dragon is not lucky for you. Insulting a dragon is not wise. *flaps his wings at the woman, swiping at her with his front paws, though never actually touching her*

*jumps up from Kits' shoulder and starts flying around the woman's head. She screams and runs out, followed by her date. He then flies back to Kits, hovering near her*

No, insulting dragons is not wise. *pats Velcore's shoulder and nods at the maitre'd as he calls the next couple up to be seated* But was it a good idea to scare her away like that? It might not be good for business.

I do not care. *falls back onto all four legs*

I think we'll be fine. *walks up behind Kits, who turns to face him, while Velcore looks over his shoulder* This is the slowest we've been on a Saturday for the last month. So don't worry about it, all right? *gives Kits a one-armed hug, due to a plastic bag held in the other hand*

Karrie! cat_surprised *hugs him* How much of that did you see? cat_sweatdrop

Just the end. I was getting ready to leave when one of the servers came and told me what was going on. So, what do you say to going to my house to eat instead? *holds up the bag* I've got plenty to share. smile

Well... *stomach growls* I guess. It really is busy tonight, and I'm hungry. *looks down at the dress she'd put on when she decided to go to the Jade Dragon and sighs. The restaurant didn't have an official dress code, but most people dressed nicely anyway* I would have dressed differently if I'd known I'd end up with takeout though. *the group starts moving towards the door*

That's okay, you can take that off when we get to my house. eek Er, I mean... um... sweatdrop I mean you can put something more comfortable on, you left some clothes there a while ago. sweatdrop

*blushes a bit and laughs, pushing the door open* Karrie, you know, it's really cute when you get all embarrassed like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:15 pm
((OOC: Still open?))  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm
((Yes, though not active, like most of the RP threads here.))  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 pm
((Just moving the locked ones out, not sure if I should close Lily's Pad or not.))  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Chef_Karrie

Dedicated Feeder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 pm
*finally gets a break and steps into his office to call Kits. He's not surprised when the call goes to voicemail* Hey, Kits, I know you're probably at the studio now, but I was hoping you could do me a favor. I've had some people tell me that a strange dragon tried to get into the Jade Dragon earlier. They showed me some pictures, and it kind of looked like Velcore after you let Leko curse him. Would you find him and check on him? I can't leave now, some of my staff panicked and left, stressed so I'm short-handed now. *sighs* Thanks. *hangs up the phone and looks out into the kitchen* I'd better get back out there. neutral  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games