Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gallagher and Blackthorn Academies

Back to Guilds

This is an interactive spy school RP guild where we have classes in towns, RP in towns and forums. 

Tags: Towns, Gallagher Academy, School, Clandestine, Roleplay 

Reply ✿ - - - GREAT HALL
RP Post Resources! {{ also how to source }}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siyaahi
Vice Captain

Wheezing Fatcat

12,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:09 pm
User Image
Yoo! So I figured this might be a nice thing to have? Feel to request for anything and I'll try my best to find something for you!

Posting Styles

Color Palette Generator

Symbols, some fancy letters and a huge color list

Gradient Text Generator and Color-picker

Photo Editing

A huuuge list of fonts (courtesy of Tam)

Some more neat fonts!

Writing/Character References

Zerochan -- For your RP Char pic needs

Saucenao! For /sourcing/ those pictures. c:

Reverse dictionary!
-- Describe a concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept. Put in the definition, get the word out!

Marysue Litmus (I highly reccomend giving it a go. Be sure to read the directions. Really.)

Character Description tips!

Verb Conjugations

Misc/Things to Read?

Spy Tropes

Writing drunk characters!

Hairstyle descriptions!

Help describing the 5 senses

Tbe, I suppose. Suggestions are also welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:50 pm
User Image

Hey guys, I thought we could have a little chat about sourcing. A lot of members of the guild don't draw their own artwork and instead find it on the internet. It is important that the image found is properly sourced and a site like saucenao can help find the original image.

First of all, to make it clear: Sourcing your image is basically giving credit to the original artist by giving a link/clear way for somebody to be automatically linked to the artist! Typically, original images are usually from Pixiv.net or Deviantart.com. Photobucket is
NEVER a source. Official art (art made for public use in a game/manga/anime/novel/ect. or in the media's advertising) does not need a source. Anything else including fanart and original pictures should be sourced.

Sourcing is kind of a very important thing! As seen here:

User Image

It's blatantly stated that reposting artwork without permission is not allowed. Of course we can't do much about borrowing rp pics other than sourcing them! Please, please please do this, pixiv users have closed their accounts because of this issue!

Please think about this; how would you feel if somebody took something you poured time and effort into and used it without telling you or saying that it's yours? Personally, I'd be very, very annoyed. Firstly, an artist is losing possible publicity when their art is posted but not sourced, and secondly, there's something very impolite about not giving someone the credit they deserve for their amazing skill.

I understand that it's another step to go through and might be hard at times, but PLEASE try to be considerate about it!!
If you find the source is deleted, simply link the artist's profile page (you can find it by clicking on their id.) If the artist's account is deleted or otherwise unfindable, do not use that image. It is highly likely that they've deleted their account because their art has not been sourced before. I know it's inconvenient, but it's all for good. Please check for an images source before using it to save yourself from having to delete the image from your posts (because crew will be on your tail if you have unsourced art).

If you have some questions about sourcing or need some help in trying to find a source, do not be afraid to ask the crew.
Myself, Hello Taemii, Jennalia and The Flying Duckman (links through to PMs) are more than happy to help you source your stuff before you

SOURCE YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!

As a side note, PLEASE make sure that if the artist explicitly states they don't want their art to be reposted, you follow their wishes. No means no, guys.

Siyaahi
Vice Captain

Wheezing Fatcat

12,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ryuhanie
Vice Captain

Desirable Fatcat

13,125 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:42 pm
Quote:
example of what a post should kinda look like

note; I'm mainly buffing the things about sourcing since it's not often done on Gaia. Just showing how important it is.
- look at where it says name, place, people, etc. You see how there's a section for source?
- you /neeed/ a source and it should look like that in your post when sourcing your image. (a source section + link to original image)
- don't forget to link to the original! if you click the 'picture source' text, you'll find the original of the banner above
- see how the text isn't too blinding or too light when I wanted to change the color?
- I included an image so people can have a better visual of my character when roleplaying with her. It also helps when drawing/writing fanart and fanfiction
- you /don't/ have to decorate your image, but if it's too big please re-size it

User Image

` NAME ✹: Celicia Erstexx xxx `PLACE ✹: place xx xxx ` PEOPLE✹: ppl xx xxx`OOC ✹: oocxx xxx` SOURCE✹: picture source xx xxx

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing
        elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. c** sociis natoque
        penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec
        quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla
        consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec,
        vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae,
        justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras
        dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus.
        Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam
        lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:53 pm
Quote:
example of what a post SHOULDN'T look like

- if you click the link to the picture source, it's zerochan.net and it's not even the right image! Keep in mind that Zerochan.net is /not/ a source. It's often used for just uploading anime art/pictures that people find online, and it's also not the original link!
- ok look at that text. it's some-what readable but it's painful to read isn't it???
- I mean yeah it's a pretty color but I can't read it without my eyes watering

User Image

` NAME ✹: Celicia Erstexx xxx `PLACE ✹: place xx xxx ` PEOPLE✹: ppl xx xxx`OOC ✹: oocxx xxx` SOURCE✹: picture source xx xxx

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing
        elit. Aenean commodo ligula eget dolor. Aenean massa. c** sociis natoque
        penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Donec
        quam felis, ultricies nec, pellentesque eu, pretium quis, sem. Nulla
        consequat massa quis enim. Donec pede justo, fringilla vel, aliquet nec,
        vulputate eget, arcu. In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae,
        justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras
        dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus.
        Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam
        lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus.

Ryuhanie
Vice Captain

Desirable Fatcat

13,125 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
✿ - - - GREAT HALL

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers