User ImageUser Image

I've been lurking around this guild for a long time but I rarely post, so I figured I should use this chance to advertise if I'm allowed to (please let me know if this isn't allowed, and I'll delete it).

Anyway, I have a roleplay in Barton Town that I co-made with someone else, it's active but I'm always looking for new people to join. After all, the more the merrier, and I want to keep the rp up and running.

Totem: Literate Shapeshifter & Gang rp

Imagine if you were something more than a mere human being. What if you were able to shift into another animal, but if such a secret was to be leaked, you would be hunted for the rest of your life?

Such beings are called skinwalkers, and scientists have discovered a gene that produces this ability, nicknamed the "Totem" gene after the Native American belief that each person is spiritually connected to his or her totem animal. The government believes them to be a threat, and will stop at nothing to hunt them down. Skinwalkers have existed for thousands of years through folklore and mythology, but it was only recently that they were proven to be real.

In the busy and populated city of Naxos in USA, a group of skinwalkers have gathered and are operating under the gang name of Strato. Their newly arisen gang leader, Zack "Steelfang" Olsson, is a brutal and merciless man who does not tolerate failure or foolishness. He has spent the past five years bringing together another group of skinwalkers and has built the Strato gang from scratch. Gradually, he has expanded their influence within the city through bribery and dealing in the black market. Making use of his influences, he has brought skinwalkers from far and wide together. The most important and most difficult challenge: keeping under the police radar. Strato has members working within the police force to keep the police’s nose out of their business, as the gang's reaches across the city are far and wide. Most of the members are young adults who are adamant on keeping their secret safe, and are not afraid to fight for what they feel is theirs.

In the meantime, members of Strato get on with their everyday lives. Zack is careful to keep under the police radar, and the gang receives much of their income through drug dealing and any shady business that goes on underground. All is well, and all is safe.

...Or is it?