Submit

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:28 am

Many apologies if there was a better place I should have put this topic, but this one seemed right to me. Any way:

I was wondering what you ladies could say about your understanding of how you should take things people say or talk about when they are drunk.

Personally I have only tried drinking a couple times, and I know I said weird things to people (like I gave them compliments that I'd normally keep to myself, and I lost the ability to not swear, lots of f-bombs, oops~)

Anyway, I am asking because one of my friends called me whilst drunk, and I feel like I should just ignore the conversation we had since I was the only sober one (I mean when someone starts off with "I'm drunk" on a phone call, should you really pay attention to what they tell/ask you?)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 am
Thats a really hard one sweatdrop personally i try and ignore what they've said, but if they've offended you or anything its kind of hard to forget. Basically everyone reacts differently when drunk, some people blurt out truths whilst others start talking out of there arse, either way they'll probably be regretful/embarrassed afterwards.

So its better to ignore i guess, though like i said thats easier said then done. If somebody really means something i like to think that eventually they'll say it sober.

heart

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:00 pm
The saying "There is truth in wine," is older than written history. It might not be an absolute truth, but it's the truth as the drunk sees it.

I tend to be a sarcastic drunk, so I try to not get plastered unless I'm with people whom I trust and/or don't mind my sharp tongue.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:27 am
I just ignore what people say when they're drunk, at least out of courtesy. Especially if they throw up on me, not really paying too much attention to what they are saying eek

BUT if your drunk friend who called you said something important that you heard and can't get out of your mind, ask them about it when they are sober.  

Seasick Katie

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:53 pm
Seasick Katie
I just ignore what people say when they're drunk, at least out of courtesy. Especially if they throw up on me, not really paying too much attention to what they are saying eek

BUT if your drunk friend who called you said something important that you heard and can't get out of your mind, ask them about it when they are sober.

ahhh, this is kind of an old issue now. It never got resolved really, and probably won't.

Basically what happened was one of my guy friends (who I did, and kind of still do like) called me and basically told me I should go move in with him (he had just moved about 10 hours away, and also gotten back together with his ex the day before, though it is a long distance relationship now).

So I never asked him about this, and we don't actually talk to much anymore (which is hard for me).

Asking him about it later on probably would have been the best idea, but I didn't, and I won't because I'm trying to just let the pieces fall where they may now (:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 pm
Oh right, should've looked at the date *facepalm*

I'm sorry about that, but you never know, maybe years from now after you've forgotten about him and fallen in love a few more times (you, player, you), you'll meet in a coffee shop somewhere.  

Seasick Katie

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:08 pm
It depends on what was said, really.

My boyfriend is more truthful when drunk
And once the happy bubbly stage wears off, he gets rude.
Apparently weighing 130lbs at 5'5" is too fat and I need to be closer to 110lbs... considering that he's 6' and weighs 280+ lbs... yeah...
I confronted him about it when he was sober, and he stood by what he said.

People tend to lose their inhibitions while drunk, hence why some people get incredibly sexual. The only thing holding them back was their better sense not to go around screwing strangers, add alcohol and you get an entire room of people who are sexually frustrated and BAM! perfect outlet.. if you don't mind running the risk of STDs and such..

I say, talk to your friend about the conversation, and see what she says.

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games