Needing advice for walk-in RP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Even though I don't have too much free time to roleplay, I've been wanting to and have been working on a casual slice-of-life roleplay where others like me can participate without having to be available for roleplay 5 days a week.
The thing is that I am not experienced with forum-based roleplay. My only experience has been playing D&D with a group of friends back in 2002.
We would roleplay in person once a week.

The setting of the RP is a neighborhood with its coffee shop & patisserie as the main focus. It's an alternate reality (present day) with some, but few, magical elements (inspired by Studios Ghibli), and is located in, ahem, Japan.
I've created a set of NPCs (including a Gaia Online character) that can be used for interaction as long as you play them true to their personalities.
I've also created roles/positions to choose from but since this is a walk-in RP I prefer to have customers.

Does anyone here have any advice on how to successfully create and maintain the kind of roleplay I intend?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:05 pm
If you're going to have 'permanent positions' I suggest that you get friends who can be on more often for those more active roles, so that you don't have to do all the work. Most walk-ins use one's Gaian, but some people prefer using RPCs, especially if they're they type to constantly change avatars. The NSTG has a good one if you're interested, and it's a bar. There might be one or two in the CB as well
Not the guild's, the real deal
And really, it'd most likely be best to use the neighborhood as a setting, and focus entirely on the bar/cafe
Since you said that you can't be too active, be the manager, so that you don't have to be active, just supervising
Jus' my two cents  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers