Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
The human cost of eating meat - a debating tool kit!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daniel.EM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:45 pm
Hey all, im new!

Im a 23 year old Englishman, i've been a vegan for 3 years or so now, and will never go back smile

I've got here a piece of research about how s**t effects human health, literally s**t...as in poop. It is cited and referenced very well, so those pesky omni's cant shout "i dont believe you, wheres the proof?!"

I'll continue to trickle these kinds of debating documents into the guild if people show interest. Short, simple and perfectly cited are a rarity in my experience, so i thought a strong vegan online community could use some "quick go to" referencing.

Anyway, here it is, give it a read and hit me back.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/0m8nTRiEBB/  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:50 pm
Hello, Daniel, thank you for this document. Interesting and informative for sure smile Thanks for sharing this with all of us

Quote:
United States produce 1.37 billion tons of solid animal waste each year. Dividing this by the number of second in a year equals 86, 884 pounds of waste per second.

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Bokor Yukari

Lonely Girl

13,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:44 am
Thank you for providing this, I wish it was more convincing to non vegans tho...usually if I produce some info like this they then start onto some stuff like "Oh well I only *insert some b.s. answer as to why it's still ok for THEM to not change here*"  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games