Help Please! ( Ogre Kingdoms )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

r0guish

Hilarious Raider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:03 pm
I finally got my books and a battalion box of Ogres.

I modeled them already and I need some help desperately.

I am newer to Warhammer than I am to painting and I know nothing of the terminology and how it pertains to painting models.

I need tips, tricks, in depth deinitions and how-to on evertything to do with painting models ( Ogre's in particular if possible ).

Also something about decorating bases.. Which I also know nothing of.

I know it's a tall order but I have looked all over the internet and it seems like everything that gives details on how-to has no step by step and everything that has pictures skips the how-to.

I know the simplest answer would be to go to youtube, but I live in like the twilight zone of internet connection and all I have is my phone.

So.. Please help me. I've asked several questions around the guild and gotten no replies. I'm almost finished with having the models for a 1000 point army and I'm psyched to finally play. Thank you in advance.

If it helps I'll give you every bit of gold I have for this info.. I'm desperate.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:19 am
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=18000019a ninja  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:29 pm
As for absolute basics, make sure to get a can of primer and get a base-coat on it. Don't spray too thickly, make short sweeps from about a foot away. That way, when you start painting, you won't leave finicky little spots of exposed plastic, and it helps to avoid chipped paint.

As for other assistance, Vikki provided a great link, but asking for help with specifics as you make progress will make it easier. Post pictures!  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games