Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mr. Dark Snafuus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:21 am
My early days as a pagan were actually quite hillarious, but suprisingly, a lot more "woe is me" than "IT'S ALL YOU CHRISTIAN'S FAULT!!!"

One of the first books I ever got was by Conway. Dancing with Dragons or some drivel. Anyways, i remember trying to do the rituals from the book verbatum, with no prior experiance with energy manipulation or meditation or anything. Despite my emanent failure, I felt so mighty, so higher-than-thou that I was able to do something most other people were to mundane to do. But when i was with myself I would secretly lament the fact that I couldn't "see the dragons with my third eye."

As a result of this, I happened to just magickaly think that I was the s**t. I began to wave around the title of witch like it was my life line and calling those who laughed at me idiots. I even went so far as to physicaly fight with my friend because he didn't believe me.

I'd like to think I've grown from that... stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:38 am
In my early days I was decent with my fluffyness. My first book I read was something by SilverRaven Wolf. After reading that book I was sooo convinced I was a Wiccan. I remember getting in an argument with my mom and saying something like, "You Christians are always persecuting us Wiccans!!!" That's really hilarious, man I was a little idiot. Oh, and the magic spells I did were so idiotic. Somehow I got convinced that I HAD to do a spell every full moon, so I created stupid spells to do once a month.

Anyways then I came on Gaia, lost my religion, then discovered new beliefs. So that's my lil' story.  

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

Aesi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:48 pm
My entire youth was one long moment of stupidity, so it's hard to sort out the parts relevant to religion.

However, there was the past life thing mentioned in another thread. And the fluffy coven thing mentioned in another thread. Oh, man. There're a ton of others, too. sweatdrop At the age of 20, I looked up to a 17-year-old friend because he was an IRAB. I got excited when his mother told me that real kitchen witches stir everything clockwise, 'cause counterclockwise takes all the energy out. It made sense to me back then.

I'm still on my scrawny little colt's legs, hoping my choices will make them stronger. But at least I feel I have reason to hold my head up now.

Reserving edit space due to time constraints.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:41 pm
My worst moment was getting in way over-the-head with something I really didn't have any business messing with.

I was a teenager at a boarding school. Though I never actually decided I was "Wiccan" myself, I was interested in a lot of New Agey and magical stuff. I was always good at making most ideas, no matter how idiotic, sound completely sane and plausible, and at the time I used it more to convince other people that my off-the-wall nonsense was teh b0mb and so convince myself that I was in the right (after all, so many people agreed with me!).

I managed to get most of my friends interested in magic, paganism, and a few decided they loved Cunningham, and we all got into our heads the idea to try to banish a "negative entity" that seemed to lurk in the basements of one of the buildings. Of course, we had no idea what we were doing.

Usually when teenage girls seem to think a building is haunted, the area isn't actually populated by anything more sinister than termites. We had the misfortune of trying this idiocy in an area where there actually was something. Whatever it was made its presence known to everybody, I heard "Get out," broke ranks, and we all ran away.

Whenever I had nightmares and scary occurrences for years after that, I was always convinced that it was the thing in the basement of the school out to get me. I never really talked about it with the others - I was too embarrassed - so I don't know if they had ill effects from the attempt.

But, boy, did that teach me. sweatdrop  

Kesseire

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:44 am
Ok, my turn! (Wing's gonna hate this one)

So when I was young and stupid I read in one of my fluffier books that if you invite the fae into your home they'll be nice and friendly and do helpful things for you. Maybe this is true of other places in the world, but in Ireland this is a very bad idea. Nonetheless I set up my little fae "altar," invited them into my house and waited.

A couple days later one of the Lords and Ladies steps through my window. He takes one look at my little "altar" and with much audacity tells me to come away with him. Now, part of me was thinking, "Man is he HAWT," but the larger and more sensible side of me had read enough Yeats to know that saying yes would be a very bad idea. So I declined. Repeatedly. Strenuously. Until finally he left looking quite annoyed.

That was when things started going wrong around the house. Ie my bathwater running cold (I really resented that one because it was supposed to be a cleansing bath before my first ritual with someone else who was miles more experienced than me, and I saw the little ******** hanging around the boiler), lights going out, alarms not going off in the morning. There may also have been more things that I never attributed to him. Mostly I was pissed off about that bath.

It took me long enough to put two and two together, but eventually I copped on and took apart my little "altar." I closed my room off to them and soon after we moved house. I thankfully never saw that particular little s**t again.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:54 am
I was so fluffy, I dated a guy named Llwellyn. And almost believed him when he said he was related to the publishing company.

I was a stupid, fluffy high schooler.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:43 am
Nuri
I was so fluffy, I dated a guy named Llwellyn. And almost believed him when he said he was related to the publishing company.

I was a stupid, fluffy high schooler.
It happens to all of us, though really, I'm not one to talk, seeing as my high school days have two years left in them...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:49 am
This is a good thread listing Mr. Dark experiences members of the forum have participated in.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:14 pm
Uhm. I think I am more like Tea on this one. I am a fifth generation stick to the basics of Spiritualism, Spiritualist. So, I was never really that ignorant of my faith. My grandmother being a book writer and all kind of gets rid of that really fast. Especially after she passed.

Through the years I have watched people who claim to be mediums lie thier asses off. It is disturbing and depressing at the same time to see people listen to the likes of Sylvia Brown, then try and teach me what mediums do. evil  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff