Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
What are some good Anime I should watch?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 am
I've been trying for about two or three weeks to find some good anime to watch. I love the .Hack// manga, though I've only read Legend of the Twilight and GU+, I think it was. Might've been GU. I'm also watching one of the animes, I think it might be Legend of the Twilight.

Anyway, I ramble... I need to find some good anime to watch, and I'd like to have some help on this.

I've been watching:

Clannad
Code Geass
.Hack// Legend of the Twilight

I've been wanting to watch:

.Hack// SIGN
Sword Art Online (If that's what it's called)
.Hack// GU (If there's an anime of this)

I'm open for suggestions, and ideas of where to watch things, if I'm allowed to ask for that here. I'm possibly getting a job soon, but I can't get anime, since there's only manga around here, and no stores with anime dvds or blurays. Not that manga isn't good, I have a lot of it but I'm looking for anime.

also, here's what I will not watch. I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this list.

Sailor Moon
High School of the Dead.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well I don't think we are allow to give you sites that aren't the actual producers or whatever of it, even if we are in a guild.....um but as far as anime to watch goes here is a link to my anime list, these are recommendations for people who like Clannad.

link

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 pm
I can't point you to fansubs (and I've been out of the community too long to really know where to even recommend), but what country do you live in? Some companies have been getting better about making their shows available online for free/cheap, and I could point you to some of those.

Bloorigard2
I've been watching:

Clannad
Code Geass

.Hack// SIGN

If you like Clannad, Air and Kanon 2006 share a lot of the same staff, and the original games were all made by Key. I'd recommend giving them a look. Key also wrote Little Busters (which is currently airing), and Angel Beats, although those were both done by different companies.

The guy who wrote SAO also wrote Accel World, so it's probably worth checking out if you like SAO.

It also might be worth looking into video game adaptations since most of your list either takes places in games or is adapted from a game. I'd need some time to think about that list though; it's a genre that I find pretty hit-or-miss. Steins;Gate, maybe?

Bloorigard2
also, here's what I will not watch. I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this list.

Sailor Moon
High School of the Dead

Do you dislike magical girl shows in general, or just Sailor Moon? There are a few shows I really love that fall into the genre.

(I watched all of HSotD and didn't really like it. Hearing Link's seiyuu in a role that actually included speaking was pretty neat, but he's been in other shows and some of those probably have less fanservice. I'm sure they have less zombie fanservice. gonk )  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm
Zephyrkitty
I can't point you to fansubs (and I've been out of the community too long to really know where to even recommend), but what country do you live in? Some companies have been getting better about making their shows available online for free/cheap, and I could point you to some of those.

Bloorigard2
I've been watching:

Clannad
Code Geass

.Hack// SIGN

If you like Clannad, Air and Kanon 2006 share a lot of the same staff, and the original games were all made by Key. I'd recommend giving them a look. Key also wrote Little Busters (which is currently airing), and Angel Beats, although those were both done by different companies.

The guy who wrote SAO also wrote Accel World, so it's probably worth checking out if you like SAO.

It also might be worth looking into video game adaptations since most of your list either takes places in games or is adapted from a game. I'd need some time to think about that list though; it's a genre that I find pretty hit-or-miss. Steins;Gate, maybe?

Bloorigard2

Sailor Moon
High School of the Dead

Do you dislike magical girl shows in general, or just Sailor Moon? There are a few shows I really love that fall into the genre.

(I watched all of HSotD and didn't really like it. Hearing Link's seiyuu in a role that actually included speaking was pretty neat, but he's been in other shows and some of those probably have less fanservice. I'm sure they have less zombie fanservice. gonk )

I live in America. I think I found a site to watch those anime, but I'm not sure it has SAO. I wanted to watch that quite a bit.

Thank you for the ideas of what to watch, I really appreciate it.  

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200

-Fancy R

Bloblike Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am
If you liked Clannad, Ano hana and Angel beats are very awesome choices~ I highly recommend both. c:

I'm assuming you're not into the magical girl genre--I'm not either. There's only one series that fell into the magical girl category that I seriously love. heart It's not your typical romance at all.. xD
Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

Err, and if you want something with mind blowing mysteries or suspese---I reccommend the anime Another, Mirai Nikki, or Steins;gate.

Hoped this helped~!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:28 am
Bloorigard2
I live in America. I think I found a site to watch those anime, but I'm not sure it has SAO. I wanted to watch that quite a bit.

Thank you for the ideas of what to watch, I really appreciate it.

Crunchyroll has SAO.

Otherwise, a lot of the US companies have started streaming their shows.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items