Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:20 am
Lt. Brookman
Marry me oh banshee of the Highlands. heart
I bet you say that to all the girls who utter a few lines of history and have boobs bigger than your brain. emotion_dealwithit

Lt. Brookman
It's all nice and well, but you're forgetting about the '42 raid on Dieppe, or maybe you don't know about that one? wink German marines (Garrisons from the coastal towns and naval facilities) saw limited action during that operation as they tried to fend off the rather elite Allied raiding forces in form of the combined might of three commando forces (which included Army Rangers and Free French) and a Canadian infantry division. Okay, the operation was a failure for many reasons, but the forces involved all gained precious experience there. Might be a long shot, but some of the veterans from that force might have ended up in Northern Germany around the end of the war, lending their expertise to their lesser experienced brethren.

But that along with Evok's example and the Norwegian situation aside, Germany didn't maintain the same level and quality of marines as other armies, possibly because unlike the other armed forces they were more focused on land battles with a bare minimum of amphibious operations. Plus yes, U-boats were the best option at that point and you can't really shove marines on board of subs.
I knew about Dieppe, just didn't think it was all that important. stare

I still think that having them fielded as inexperienced would be more historically accurate. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:29 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
I bet you say that to all the girls who utter a few lines of history and have boobs bigger than your brain. emotion_dealwithit
In my defence, you have lovely big eyes..

Lady Blodwynn

I still think that having them fielded as inexperienced would be more historically accurate. ninja
Historically accurate maybe, but will it be any more playable? It's a bit like demanding a Russian player to only field inexperienced forces because that is the modern mindset that seems to prevail these days, whereas the Russian army had become a true and proper professional army over the course of the war.

Besides, when going up against my Yanks, or your Royals, you'd need all the help you can get. wink  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 am
Lt. Brookman
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
In my defence, you have lovely big eyes..

Lady Blodwynn

Historically accurate maybe, but will it be any more playable? It's a bit like demanding a Russian player to only field inexperienced forces because that is the modern mindset that seems to prevail these days, whereas the Russian army had become a true and proper professional army over the course of the war.

Besides, when going up against my Yanks, or your Royals, you'd need all the help you can get. wink
Aye, twenty soldiers isn't going to put a dent in it if they're all inexperienced, though I'm completely in agreeance that the naval infantry was very inexperienced in a historical sense. For my unit specifically, I'm leaning heavily on the against-all-likelihood idea that several of the units that saw action earlier in the war ended up in this particular division.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:18 am
Thought I'd forgotten about this, didn'tcha? ninja

Prototype Kriegsmarine infantry. Keeping the scheme and detail fairly simple, with a basecoat and a wash for each section.

User Image  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:27 am
Finished my MMG nest too, pictures later. Suspect I'll have a few more minis done by the end of tonight.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:01 pm
User Image  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:14 am
The clutter on the large base, where's that from?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:23 am
BrookM
The clutter on the large base, where's that from?
Some anonymous rubble and pallets I bought in a train store many, many years ago. Too small for 40k, but just right for Bolt Action. biggrin  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100