Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply 11: Random Zone
had a interesting thing happen at B&N today

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm
I was looking for some new authors and there was an elderly employee walking around and asked her if she had any recommendations and as she was telling me about a series she got so into the conversation i had to stand there for 5 mins and listen to her talk about how much she loves the series lol i almost praised the other employee asking her if she can cover for him  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:09 pm
Did you end up getting the series?  

Toxic Pepper
Captain

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:09 pm
Toxic Pepper

i bought the first book and i'll be reading it after i finish the current book i'm reading  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:11 pm
wolfion
Toxic Pepper

i bought the first book and i'll be reading it after i finish the current book i'm reading

What is it about?  

Toxic Pepper
Captain

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:13 pm
Toxic Pepper
wolfion
Toxic Pepper

What is it about?

i can't exactly describe it perfectly but it's called the dresden files and it deals with magic and is described as contemporary fantasy/mystery by most people  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:18 am
I've heard of those books, I haven't read them but I know that my friends think they are a really good read ^-^  

jcl007149

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 pm
jcl007149
I've heard of those books, I haven't read them but I know that my friends think they are a really good read ^-^

well then hopefully i'll enjoy them to lol because with the prices of books now it's not exactly fun wasting money on a book you won't enjoy  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:57 pm
wolfion
jcl007149

well then hopefully i'll enjoy them to lol because with the prices of books now it's not exactly fun wasting money on a book you won't enjoy

That's very true >.<  

jcl007149

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:59 pm
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149

That's very true >.<

10 bucks for a paperback pfft i remember when they 8 lol now they're making 15 dollar paperbacks i hope that doesn't become the new regular price  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:56 pm
I like books. sometimes.  

limbr
Crew

Wily Noob

jcl007149

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 pm
wolfion
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149

That's very true >.<

10 bucks for a paperback pfft i remember when they 8 lol now they're making 15 dollar paperbacks i hope that doesn't become the new regular price

It's similar pricing here, everything just goes up and up.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:16 pm
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149

That's very true >.<

it sucks the way pricing is going up even for those ebooks, people said ebooks were good because they were cheap which is a lie i see ebooks for like 12 bucks  

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100

jcl007149

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:20 pm
wolfion
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149

That's very true >.<

it sucks the way pricing is going up even for those ebooks, people said ebooks were good because they were cheap which is a lie i see ebooks for like 12 bucks

I try to stick to the cheaper e-books... which becomes tough if you get hooked onto a series and the next book costs a fortune sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 pm
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149

That's very true >.<

I try to stick to the cheaper e-books... which becomes tough if you get hooked onto a series and the next book costs a fortune sweatdrop

the whole reason i buy physical books lol the ereader itself cost 100 something then paying for each ebook  

wolfion

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100

jcl007149

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm
wolfion
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149
wolfion
jcl007149

That's very true >.<

the whole reason i buy physical books lol the ereader itself cost 100 something then paying for each ebook

I buy physical books because curling up in front of the fire with an e-reader is quite the same xD I also love having them lined up on a shelf (collectors obsession...?)
As for an e-reader, I use a tablet so that it has multiple purposes... plus a lot of the free classic books are excellent.  
11: Random Zone

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games