• Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 am
Name: Knitty Arrack
[Knitty=knitting=relates to his cloth hobby Arrack=Alcoholic beverage]

Blood colour: Blue- #10048C

Symbol:
    Tv with ears (a square with a V on top

Personality:
Knitty is cute, and is going to be gorgeous, and he knows it. Very well. He grooms his hair, shines his horns, and files his nails in preparation for the day when he will be old enough to have trolls swooning and snarling over him.
If even one hair is out of place, he flips out and immediately combs it carefully back into place.

Heck, he tried to brush his lusus once, but the giant ape thing didn't take so well to it, so he stopped.
Which is an interesting thing about Knitty, actually. He is a smooth operator in social situations, shifting his stance to suit how he wants other trolls to respond. This usually ends up meaning that he flip flops all the time on his opinions, or doesn't really have opinions of his own. He likes it this way, even if it means he appears somewhat shallow.

No, wait, he is shallow. Shallow, kind of dim, and selfish. He's not exactly stupid but he won't be doing any higher mathematics either. Or much of math at all.
He does like to read, though, and has a good sense for taste combinations, hence his unexpected interest in Drinktending. He certainly thinks he's smart.
He thinks he's a lot of things. In fact, some would call him very full of himself.
Being high on the Hemospectrum lets him be complacent in it. He is fond of highbloods and not too kind to lowbloods, usually.
That doesn't mean he doesn't like them: interesting or intelligent lowbloods might find him willing to treat them well- he just feels that they are lower than him.
He mostly just thinks he is awesome.

He does like talking to people though, so if he's desperate enough a lowblood might have the dubious luck of him complaining to them.

Strengths:

People Person/ A Troll's Troll
    Knitty is a suave and friendly troll. Really very social, not one of these loner trolls, no sir! If he didn't have other trolls to talk to, why, he'd just wither away!
    If he isn't getting the response he wanted from his first impression? No problem! He'll just try to match what they want him to be and try again!
    Slippery friendly b*****d.

Bartending Afficionado
    One day Knitty read a book about the noble craft of Drinkmixing. He was hooked. He learned that Maca made an excellent test subject for drinks (and calmed down when he drank them) so ever since then Knitty has been trying out various drinks and drink combinations. One day he hopes to be a Drinktender- it would satisfy his need for people AND attention AND let him do what he loves.
    Well. It won't let him weave, but thats okay!
    So yes, this troll knows how to mix a damn drink./list]

Clothmaking hobbyist
      Knitty has always loved weaving, and before he decided he was going to be a bartender he wanted to make tapestry.
      He wants to do it as a hobby, still.
      Well maybe he wants to sell his work too.
      He's focused on tapestries and rugs and cool things like that, but he also has taken up knitting, crocheting...
      Basically if he's working with thread and cloth he's happy...
      But really... it's just a hobby, or so he claims. Bartending is what he wants to do! Really! Seriously!

Flaws:

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer
      Knitty... Well... He's kind of airheaded. He's suave and charming, but not very bright. Innovative with his drinks, sure, and with his tapestries, but... in all other areas, he's kind of lacking.
      But hey, at least he's pretty, right?

Obsessed with Appearance
      Knitty is good looking. He knows he's good looking.
      But do you even know how hard it is to keep his horns and hair and clothing looking so PERFECT?
      ITS REALLY HARD
      AND NOBODY UNDERSTANDS.
      He likes to say he takes good care of himself, but the truth is he does a little too much. The reflecting glass is his best friend.

Snobby
      He has a very high opinion of himself and he likes to flaunt it. HE will run the only high-class bar. HE is better than other bluebloods and definitely the lowbloods.
      No doubt in his mind about it.

Weapon:
      Knitting Needles. Long, scary knitting needles.

Home:
    A lovely mansion in four Fronds. All of Knitty's actual personal furniture and such has been moved to the second story and above, with the first floor being continually renovated into a bar, bit by bit.
    Tapestry lines the walls, the actual knitting equipment is located on the third floor.

Lusus:
      Maca, the Macablaster- an apelike Lusus with a barrel chest, a massive bushy mane, and a leonine tail that is known for being very strong and stubborn and for being a hell of a lot faster than it looks.
      It's rare for this species of lusus to be a successful lusus as it tends to eat young of it's own kind anyway, but when it works out it works for life. In order to survive, a young troll has to become very good at reading cues and responding to them before they become a problem...
      Knitty manages just fine, though It helps that getting them drunk calms them down.
      (Basically an Golden Lion Tamarin crossed with a Highland Gorilla with some extra angry juice!)

Appearence:
    Horns: half-moon shapes, just before they would be a perfect half semicircle.
    So they have some curve to them, but a flat edge.
    Flat edge faces upwards.
    They are located at the sides of his head.

Clothing: normal troll clothes, but also a grey cape. The cape has his symbol at the collar, and he also has it on his shirt.

Accessories: has a comb tucked away somewhere. Never know when you might need that.

General appearance:
    Hair: Combed back Dracula style
    body type: midsize skinny

Power: NONE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:08 pm
Revised  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 am
I have some crits for you~!

First off, I like Knitty! He's great, gotta love narcissists. His profile reads fairly smooth, but with the way its written I found myself getting snagged here and there, having to reread a sentence before I could move on. I might smooth out the paragraphs, for example the first one, that sentence that's just hanging out below the rest of the paragraph seems out of place and caused my reading to slow down. That's mostly just a flow issue, though. C:

Throughout the profile its said that Knitty is a smooth operator, he changes himself to conform to others' likes and dislikes, but it also stresses that he's pretty dim. People that adapt to other peoples' views either tend to be smart, or adapt because they're making up for something they're lacking. What is Knitty lacking? He's a narcissist, but does he ever doubt himself? If he's so great and wonderful, why does he change himself to suit other peoples' needs?

Does he do that with lowbloods, or just with highbloods? It says he's not particularly kind to them, do lowbloods get to see a different Knitty than highbloods do? That might be pretty interesting. C:

Drinktending... that seems like a pretty grown up hobby for a child to have. Where does he get the alcohol? Maybe instead of mixing alcoholic drinks at the child stage, he's mixing different juices, getting ready for the day he CAN use alcohol? We don't really know how trolls feel about alcohol but I'm gonna assume children shouldn't be drinking it. : p

One of his favorite hobbies is Clothmaking... but its not mentioned anywhere in his main profile. :c Clothmaking seems more like a hobby to have rather than a virtue to possess. I would move clothmaking out of his virtues, and into his main profile as a paragraph going through how he got into it, why he likes it so much, and why he might be abandoning it for drinkmixing.

For his flaw of being obsessed with appearance, does he ever nitpick on others for their appearance? How does his obsession with his own appearance negatively impact his relationships with others?

I thiiiink that's all the input I had for you. C: I hope it helps~?

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games