Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
People are freaking ridiculous someone help me out here!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I just went to facebook and on it one of my likes is Clannad and the after story but I am not all OMG IT TOTALLY CHANGED MY LIFE!!!!11

I mean I rated the first season a four and the second one a five. But it is something that I go back and watch from time to time.

But anyways so the after story page posted a status saying like if Clannad changed how you live your life. And some of the comments were, it changed my life dramatically and all this BS. HELL! Someone fell into depression and re-evaluated their life because of this anime!

Can someone please for the life that is all sane, help me understand how an anime about a boy who had too much time on his hands and a girl who came from a loving family, grow closer together with the classic harem anime plot with the boy and the girl helping several other girls who apparently had these deep and otherwise sad and depressing problems and then they get married and have a baby and she dies and he falls into depression for five years and then his own child dies and he makes a wish on sun light to have his family back. How the hell does that change your life and how you view it? It's ******** anime!

What the hell?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:09 am
a LOT of people have animes make strong impressions on them. it happens all the time. and it isn't the storylines that are what impcat them but the messages in the story itself. i haven't seen Clannad myself but from the sounds of it, it's a typical harem/life anime. just going by what you've said above, it sounds like it shows that life can be hard but it can have some nice and beautiful moments in there too, but sad things can happen. sounds like family and love were important parts in the story as well.

again, just going off of what you said because i haven't seen it myself. but messages in animes are always what get people going and yeah, i meet people all the time that had an anime they really liked impact their lives or teach them somthing. asking how anime could change a person's life is like acting how you can learn a lesson from one of those stories you read as a kid, or the cartoons you saw then, or any other thing that isn't real life that can leave some kind of lasting imprint on you. it's not really that rediculous in that sense  

StrayKit

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:01 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thanks for replying. I don't know if other people really get that kind of feeling from other anime. But this one in particular is so very overly hyped on just about every anime site so I wanted to see from people have seen it and act like that, I wanted to know why this is anime treated like god.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
User Image
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

I think that it depends on the mind set of that type of person. While I don't take anime as being real I do think that anime, TV shows, movies, and books give us life lessons and some have everlasting truths written into them. I have seen Clannad, and have to say it really isn't one of the greatest anime out there. I think most people just hype it up because of its art and story line. Really, there are much better anime out there that deal with everyday problems and life lessons. I mean, its art was beautiful, but I think it is hyped up just for the same reasons as AirTV, Ef: a tale of memories, Ef: a tale of melodies, Kannon, and H2O: foot prints in the sand. Really, out of all of those, which I've seen everyone, the only one I cared to watch all the way through was Ef. I think its because people take things too out of preportion. I mean H2O I couldn't get through the first episode, Kannon was okay, and AirTV had a good story line, but I didn't really think of it as anything other then an anime. Sadly most of them stem from dating sims, including Clannad.

Personally, I did have an anime that changed my life. But, at the time I was in elementary school, being severely bullied, had a lot of family issues at home, so I do contribute that to helping me through that time. Anime is Yuu Yuu Hakusho, which made me want to start drawing anime, so I have during the third grade I started trying to draw anime. I still have my dream of wanting to be a mangaka. So, its not so much the story line that people look for, because if they were looking for a good story line most the anime people like wouldn't be watched.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

OneWeekRainisu

Barton Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Intermediate Skill 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pet Lover 100
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers