Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 am
The original.

So, I got this guy a while ago, now. £13 on ebay.
User Image

Painted him up in my Hive colours (I lack up to date pictures of "Nibbles" on his own.)

Over the last year, I felt Nibbles was... Lonely. The only other Carnifex I had was the new plastic, and he was kitted out with so much stuff that the new Codex made redundant that he just grew depressed. Nibbles didn't find him much fun at all, so I knew I had to make him some new friends.

Well, I got some gargoyles, loads of genestealers and even a lictor, but none of those even liked to play with Nibbles. Too much plasma, they said!

Then I got hold of a Trygon, and I thought he may finally enjoy himself, having a bigger nid to play with.
Sadly, he was away a lot, being slowly turned into a massive Red Terror.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I knew then, the only thing to do would be to get another Screamer Killer.

Well, two attempts and £8.50 later...

User Image

Thumper. c:
User Image

They even play nicely!
User Image

But not with others...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 pm
ah, the classic! I once owned a classic 2nd edition times WD that provided rules for dreadnoughts - and carnifexes! - in Space Hulk precedessor game, Tyrannid attack...The screamer killer - that was it name back then - was truly magnificent sculpt and still stays strong...  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 am
I'll say, lovely bit of hobby nostalgia you have there! Bonus points for going with the old square bases! wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:06 am
Cheers Blodwynn!

Van Evok
ah, the classic! I once owned a classic 2nd edition times WD that provided rules for dreadnoughts - and carnifexes! - in Space Hulk precedessor game, Tyrannid attack...The screamer killer - that was it name back then - was truly magnificent sculpt and still stays strong...

I actually brought my first one because me and my gaming group play a Space Crusade/ Space Hulk cross-over game at at local gaming hall.
Me and the GM were discussing bigger monsters and I was just getting back into collecting 'nids after a long break... I always preferes this 'fex, but had never owned one.

Perfect time to get one! So, we now fight Screamer Killers semi-regularly... emotion_0A0  

Messyart

Hostile Streaker

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items