Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Eerie Queerie] Anyone read Eerie Queerie? o_O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well have you?
  Read/seen aaall of it! ^^
  Read/seen a bit of it
  I've heeeaard of it...
  o_O Eerie... Queerie... Never heard of it.
  It's crap. xP
View Results

Soru-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm
I have three of the four copies out in my country. ^__^

I find it to be like, somewhat confusing at parts but also quite hilarious. There's not enough focus on the romance though.

But otherwise it's really good. ^___^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:25 am
Miss Sushii
I read volume three, because the silly library didn't have anything else.
I kinda liked it, it's pretty funny... and weird... but funny xD
But did they HAVE to give it such an OBVIOUS title!? seriously!
I mean, you can't have it standing in your bookshelf when it's all PINK and PURPLE and has EERIE QUEERIE printed in bold, raspberry-red on the spine xD Parents would SO find out.
what was wrong with the original title? D;

I guess Eerie Queerie! grabs more attention than Ghost!. I kinda agree with Tokyopop (or whoever licensed it) changing the title if it was for that reason. I know that if I see a book called Ghost! on the manga shelf of a bookstore or library, I'll think "Okay, I'll take a look at that sometime" since I like supernatural stuff. But if I see Eerie Queerie! on the shelf, I'll probably look at it immediately just to see what the title is about (read: whether the title means what I think it does xd ), notice that it's BL, and pick it up right away.

Getting more solidly on topic, I've read this series and loved it. I don't care too much for most of the ending, but I'm all for the fluff and weirdness leading up to it.  

Lum Cheng

XMiaMaliceX

Noble Rogue

4,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:26 am
Its soooo cute ^-^
I haven't read it in a long time though.... crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:44 am
...am I the only one who DIDN'T hate the ending? ^^; I mean true, it probably could have used something more, but overall I thought it wrapped up nicely (and Mitsuo advocating himself as the seme=awesome. he'd be the most adorable seme EVER XD) the only thing I'd say was that it could have used more Shino and Kagami x3

oh, and incidentally, am I the only one who was kind of freaked out by Kagami channeling his father? o_O I mean, it wasn't huge thing, just when he mentions his mother used to look at him the way Shino does... and aside from the fact that this was his mother, he was what, 9 at the time?  

Mia Darthorn

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games