Reply Guild Archives
Imperial Guard Vs Chaos Daemons 1000 points. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ice Queen Westley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 am
The reason i didn't give him a heads up was mostly because i saw his army and began shaking in fear. Lol. Irl army of course. I assumed he had a massive amount of experience on me. Which he very well may have. I was so concerned about losing i didn't really think. "What if i win?" I suppose i have low confidence like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:07 am
Imwestleywheresmybutercup
The reason i didn't give him a heads up was mostly because i saw his army and began shaking in fear. Lol. Irl army of course. I assumed he had a massive amount of experience on me. Which he very well may have. I was so concerned about losing i didn't really think. "What if i win?" I suppose i have low confidence like that.
It's generally a good pre-game icebreaker to talk about your armies a bit, and you can get some information about your opponent's army at the same time. Issuing Orders might seem really odd for somebody playing against IG for the first time.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Ice Queen Westley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 am
DarkElf27
It's generally a good pre-game icebreaker to talk about your armies a bit, and you can get some information about your opponent's army at the same time. Issuing Orders might seem really odd for somebody playing against IG for the first time.

It was. I was very confused. It was however interesting to watch. This time we are both going into it a bit more informed. So we are about to play now. Should be interesting. If wish feel free to spectate.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 am
DarkElf27

It was. I was very confused. It was however interesting to watch. This time we are both going into it a bit more informed. So we are about to play now. Should be interesting. If wish feel free to spectate.
Like I said, my computer with Vassal installed is getting repaired at the moment, so I'll have to decline. Hopefully I'll be back in the scene in a month or two though.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Ice Queen Westley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 am
DarkElf27
DarkElf27

Like I said, my computer with Vassal installed is getting repaired at the moment, so I'll have to decline. Hopefully I'll be back in the scene in a month or two though.

cool. We were also thinking of doing a role play based on the vassal program. Essentially a 40k role play where disputes and all that are settled on vassal. It would also make an interesting system for combat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 am
DarkElf27
DarkElf27

cool. We were also thinking of doing a role play based on the vassal program. Essentially a 40k role play where disputes and all that are settled on vassal. It would also make an interesting system for combat.
I always thought it'd be great to run a map campaign with vassal, since you can premake the boards.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:12 am
DarkElf27
DarkElf27

You mean using Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader or the likes?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:22 am
Still a bit of poor form, springing army specific rules upon an unwary opponent like that. It's always good etiquette to have a short chat before the battle to point out this and that, ask questions about your opponents army and whatnot. It also goes a long way towards proper sportsmanship.

Whenever I play, and I use a Forge World list, I walk my opponent through the list, pointing out what each unit is and what kind of rules it benefits from. It saves me a lot of awkward moments where you have to pause the game and explain everything.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Ice Queen Westley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 am
Lt. Brookman
Still a bit of poor form, springing army specific rules upon an unwary opponent like that. It's always good etiquette to have a short chat before the battle to point out this and that, ask questions about your opponents army and whatnot. It also goes a long way towards proper sportsmanship.

Whenever I play, and I use a Forge World list, I walk my opponent through the list, pointing out what each unit is and what kind of rules it benefits from. It saves me a lot of awkward moments where you have to pause the game and explain everything.

Hey. I didn't blame him when he didn't tell me about his army. The way i see it. if you honestly want to know your enemy look it up or ask.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 pm
I'll be locking this one now. ninja  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff