Painting/ Hit a wall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:57 pm
I know a few guys that have worked for BTP. They have said a few things in regard to the work environment and lack of professionalism in the offices. However, the work that they DO put out is pretty wonderful quality. Elwrath (tall, skinny dude in the videos, longish blond curly hair, mustache) is one of my favorite folks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm
Caleidah
I know a few guys that have worked for BTP. They have said a few things in regard to the work environment and lack of professionalism in the offices. However, the work that they DO put out is pretty wonderful quality. Elwrath (tall, skinny dude in the videos, longish blond curly hair, mustache) is one of my favorite folks.

I truly admire their ability to turn a hobby into a job. Its pretty much my dream job. I wonder if any of those pros ever started out how i did. A few Orks on a makeshift painting table with some wall-mart paints lined up. Heh.  

Ice Queen Westley

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 am
Imwestleywheresmybutercup
Caleidah

I truly admire their ability to turn a hobby into a job. Its pretty much my dream job. I wonder if any of those pros ever started out how i did. A few Orks on a makeshift painting table with some wall-mart paints lined up. Heh.

Just about everyone starts out there, but they eventually decide that they are going to get serious about painting (if they do) and buy good paint that takes well to thinning, learn advanced techniques for painting and model prep, learn how to custom sculpt, learn how to do things like drybrushing and nonmetallic metal, and practice practice practice practice practice.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 am
Caleidah
Just about everyone starts out there, but they eventually decide that they are going to get serious about painting (if they do) and buy good paint that takes well to thinning, learn advanced techniques for painting and model prep, learn how to custom sculpt, learn how to do things like drybrushing and nonmetallic metal, and practice practice practice practice practice.
I'd put drybrushing at the bottom of the skills and nmm at the top in terms of how advanced that stuff is.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Ice Queen Westley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Suggestion of any good video tutorials? I am mostly getting hints and ideas on where to go. I would enjoy a guide.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 pm
As mentioned before, check out dakka dakka, Im not a member myself but it has great resources.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 pm
All in favor of moving this to the Painting and Modeling subforum? It seems to fall neatly into that category.

Also, you may have luck with finding assistance in certain techniques by finding members who paint with them, and ask for advice directly from them in their thread. For example, Shinobi_8745 is pretty outstanding at painting highlights, and might have some hints for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 am
*moved*  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Ice Queen Westley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:04 pm
Wow. I haven't been here in a long time. I checked this forum without even realizing it was mine until i saw the poorly painted Dark Angels. Well folks I've moved on to blood angels. I'm in another forum if yall wish to see some minis.

http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=106999

Btw miniwargaming? Best thing ever.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas