Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
How do you get over a bad ending to an anime?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:17 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think i have just come across my first horrible anime ending ever! Because I never felt like this before! The anime Hiiro no Kakera got so much hate and here I was defending it and it screwed me over!

The very last episode in the second season was the most rushed episode I have ever seen! And before that the episodes were good, but I find it hard to rate it higher than a five because the ending is like weighing so much on my mind that I don't see any reason to put it on my favorites or anything.

I'm watching another and it just aired its last episode but I have not watched it yet because I'm kind of worried that the ending is going to suck. Ugh!!! How ridiculous am i being right now? emotion_facepalm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:57 pm
hahaha. I saw to episode 5 season 1 of that anime. The drawing is nice. whee So far I like Yuuichi Komura.
When it comes to anime with bad endings, I just make another part of the anime the ending or I pretend that it never ended like that.
Hahaha. Anime with horrible ending do get on my nerve sometimes. Like Arcana Familiga, gonna kill that ending. whee
Arr... thinking about it know makes me wanna throw something.
TEHE!! emotion_yatta  

-IDebito-

Newbie Raider

6,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I like Yuichi too. I don't know if I can pretend that it never happened but that's what fan fictions are for

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:13 pm
I generally just go watch something else. There's more than enough anime out there for me not to generally get too hung up on a bad ending. Go re-watch something that you thought ended well.

I think Hiiro no Kakera was originally a game, so you could see about checking that out. An OVA just got announced too, so while that probably won't fix the ending it might remind you what you liked about the show so much to begin with.

Although to be fair, I'm not sure that I could count a show as one of my favorites unless I liked the ending. The only 10/10 anime I can think of where I wasn't happy with the ending is the original FMA, and talking about it over the years has probably improved my opinion of it since then.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:50 pm
Lulz. Just from descriptions I think I'd absolutely loath the show just on principle. Stories that derive plot from characters bound to follow a family tradition and things like fate... they just bring up such hatred in me. No matter how many bishies there are, no matter how much the character struggles they will never be able to break free from the life that was predetermined for them. It's almost like saying their personal choices don't matter at all, or in a harsher setting their struggle to break free only sets them on a path to their own inprisonment and a life of servitude.

It's things like that I don't admire or wish on myself or really anyone. I can even begin to entertain the thought that I'm not in control of my life. Well it's not wrong to rely on others when you need help, but not even being allowed to have the illusion of control in my life would probably send me into a downward spiraling depression.

But, eh, the market is more saturated with new anime than it's ever been. That gives me a lot to work with and no reason to obsess or get attached to the anime that didn't quite hit the mark for me especially if a given series is completed. I'm not one to cling to a series out of loyalty. I've abandoned ongoing series before that I realized I stopped enjoying at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm
Ren is STILL not over the ending to School Days...
Both the manga's and anime's endings are just... stressed and crying at the same time...
Because of those, Ren can't bring herself to play the visual novels...

Ren Nakora 28

Blade of the Contessa

Unforgiving Duelist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:12 am
Speaking of terrible endings, I'd recommend you to stay away from watching Blassreiter. It has the makings of a good anime - a strong plot with lots of twists and turns,and decent characters - but then it goes and screws itself up with its God-awful ending. I finished watching it 2 years ago and I still get mad whenever I think about it.

I don't even try watching it again anymore. It just hurts too much.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:24 pm
i haven't found a terrible ending that makes me rage and yell or one that i've hated yet. i've seen a number of them i wasn't very happy with, i agree with Zephyrkitty that the ending of the original FMA anime was one of them but i still liked it over all. not happy, but i could live with it and over time it grew on me. the ones i still don't like were one like the anime ending for Gantz, Elven Lied i was a bit disappointed about, Wolf's Rain depresses me every time I watch it, umineko no naku koro ni made me yell a little bit though. generally i take a little bit to get past it and try and find things in the ending that weren't horrible and see if it was reasonable or if the writers stuck with what they had in the story leading up to it(part of what helped me with FMA, especially with the following movie, and Elven Lied). after that i look back at the whole series and decide if a few episodes are going to make me reject the entire thing and so far it hasn't. if the anime was still good and enjoyable i'm not going to let a couple episodes or details i didn't like make me change my mind  

StrayKit

Ren Nakora 28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:56 am
The Umineko anime is only half of the series. The anime ends at the halfway point.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 am
I like to dream of a different ending. I have something like an interest in writing and making up stories anyway. This is probably bad for you because it disrupts sleep, but while I'm lying in bed and can't get to sleep, I close my eyes and imagine the scenes acting out differently, add my own storyline...

Otherwise, read the manga if there is one... I don't think I've read any manga endings that were too bad, it's usually better than the anime  

tinyfruit

Heart Warrior

11,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Swap Meet 100
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items