Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
The thing that bugs me the most

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree?
  Yes
  No
View Results

like-chip

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 am
"You're a vegetarian? That's cool. I would totally be a vegetarian except I don't think I could live without meat. XD"

Every. Single. Time.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:01 pm
like-chip
"You're a vegetarian? That's cool. I would totally be a vegetarian except I don't think I could live without meat. XD"

Every. Single. Time.

That, and, "I can't ever be vegan, because I can't give up cheese".

I'm not vegan, but I would gladly give up cheese. I am not a huge fan of it, but I'm classified vegetarian. By choice, I do somethings vegan, but I am not. Don't ask, I don't care to explain.

It's just like, when someone learns that you are vegetarian: "Then what DO you eat?"

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

like-chip

Tipsy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 am
Nadira
like-chip

Every. Single. Time.

I'm not vegan, but I would gladly give up cheese. I am not a huge fan of it, but I'm classified vegetarian. By choice, I do somethings vegan, but I am not. Don't ask, I don't care to explain.

It's just like, when someone learns that you are vegetarian: "Then what DO you eat?"

I hate the "What do you eat?" too! D:< So annoying. It's like... I eat the same thing you do, just without meat..  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:36 pm
like-chip
Nadira
like-chip

Every. Single. Time.

I hate the "What do you eat?" too! D:< So annoying. It's like... I eat the same thing you do, just without meat..

Exactly. It's not like it is rocket science... Eh, I don't know about people sometimes...  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Peppermint Cherry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm
It makes me so mad when people ask "What the hell is left to eat?" I never knew the general population could be so oblivious.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm
Peppermint Cherry
It makes me so mad when people ask "What the hell is left to eat?" I never knew the general population could be so oblivious.

The whole idea is funny, anyways. The carnivores who love meat have never gone through the process of slaughtering the animal themselves, skinning it, cleaning it, and then properly curing the meat to eat. So by the very fact that I refuse to be a part of the WHOLE process from the Slaughter to the Eating, I am considered the idiot in the room. Not the ignorant one who eats the meat.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 am
Carnivores just aren't very creative. I am not a full vegetarian, but I love a lot of veg*n alternatives because they are just more interesting and have a lot of different flavors. Cheese? Yeah, it's delicious. Cachew cheese substitutes? Often really delicious exactly because they don't taste like cheese, but have their own flavor, texture, and feel. I mean, the wealth of different ways that veg*ns flavor and texturize their food because it's not just all meat all the time is way more interesting to me from just a pure tastebud perspective.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:18 am
Keakealani
Carnivores just aren't very creative. I am not a full vegetarian, but I love a lot of veg*n alternatives because they are just more interesting and have a lot of different flavors. Cheese? Yeah, it's delicious. Cachew cheese substitutes? Often really delicious exactly because they don't taste like cheese, but have their own flavor, texture, and feel. I mean, the wealth of different ways that veg*ns flavor and texturize their food because it's not just all meat all the time is way more interesting to me from just a pure tastebud perspective.

I've had veg* cheese, and it tastes really good. My mom loves it, too. She used to be really rigid about her cheeses, but I got her to convert.

I had company over for dinner, and we had spaghetti with vegan meat. Half way through the meal, they were like "you finally went back to eating meat". I had to break it to them that it was vegan. They didn't believe me, until they saw the package.

Good times.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 am
It bugged me some times now I don't... , but you are right, almost every single time.

Nadira

I've had veg* cheese, and it tastes really good. My mom loves it, too. She used to be really rigid about her cheeses, but I got her to convert.

I had company over for dinner, and we had spaghetti with vegan meat. Half way through the meal, they were like "you finally went back to eating meat". I had to break it to them that it was vegan. They didn't believe me, until they saw the package.

Good times.

That's really awesome Nadira, thanks for sharing your story. I am glad you prepared dinner for your friends. Non-vegans surely would enjoy vegan dishes if they don't know they are eating vegan-friendly dishes smile It proves very much most of non-vegans are prejudging when it comes to vegans related subject.

heart

And that's awesome point of view, Keakealani smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 am
Nadira
Keakealani

Good times.
Haha! Yeah, same kinda thing has happened for us! In fact, any time someone complains that veg food is "bird food" or "you'd never be full" -- I challenge them to come to the post-service lunch potluck at my fiancĂ©'s church - it is a denomination that strongly stresses at least Levitical dietary restrictions if not full-on vegetarianism, so the potluck is always vegetarian-unless-otherwise-specified. And I have never pigged out more in my life! And of course, there are always the usual "meat" suspects like veggie dogs, veggie chili, etc. Granted, it's not vegan, but I am sure the same could apply.  

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 am
Keakealani
Nadira
Keakealani

Good times.
Haha! Yeah, same kinda thing has happened for us! In fact, any time someone complains that veg food is "bird food" or "you'd never be full" -- I challenge them to come to the post-service lunch potluck at my fiancé's church - it is a denomination that strongly stresses at least Levitical dietary restrictions if not full-on vegetarianism, so the potluck is always vegetarian-unless-otherwise-specified. And I have never pigged out more in my life! And of course, there are always the usual "meat" suspects like veggie dogs, veggie chili, etc. Granted, it's not vegan, but I am sure the same could apply.

Yep. I sometimes buy the Gardien brand, and put it in my dinners. I will go heat it up in the staff microwave at work, and the guys begin salivating. "Oh, that smells so good". Then I bring it out, "Oh, that looks so good". Then they c**k an eyebrow, "but you're vegetarian...right? That looks too good to be rabbit food".

It's great. They can't tell the difference, and more than once threatened to eat it. I should bring more for the staff...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:05 am
Kecitich
It bugged me some times now I don't... , but you are right, almost every single time.

Nadira

Good times.

That's really awesome Nadira, thanks for sharing your story. I am glad you prepared dinner for your friends. Non-vegans surely would enjoy vegan dishes if they don't know they are eating vegan-friendly dishes smile It proves very much most of non-vegans are prejudging when it comes to vegans related subject.

heart

And that's awesome point of view, Keakealani smile

You're welcome. The Veg*n food market is getting a lot better, over the years. Sooo many choices! Whoo!  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Roxy Scissors

Anxious Genius

4,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 am
Nah that doesn't bug me. It's better than them being like "WTF HOW DO YOU LIVE WITHOUT BACON!? gonk "  
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games