Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:14 pm
User Image

I thought I would post some pieces I've done using clay. Most of these will be from this semester, but the first few will be from some time ago. Most are already on my dA, but I would like to get your opinion of them if you don't have an account with the site. Also, you guys will get a first look with some of them because I have to do some editing on some to get multiple pictures onto one image.

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:32 pm
User Image

Apple

User Image

I did this back in high school. It was one of the first assignments for 3-D art. There are balls of clay inside that make a sound when you shake it. It's made from this type of clay that you don't have to fire.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

anonymous trickster

Devoted Rogue

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:34 pm
wow thats really good. i took ceramics in high school too and i made a bunch of stuff that i ended up giving to friends and family. i even made gir once for my friend smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 pm
User Image

Bloody Time

User Image

This is my first big ceramic piece I did. Once more, it was done in high school. My teacher gave us the option of several projects, one of which was make a coil pot 12" high. My friend and I were kinda head of the rest of the class, so we got started before anyone else. When we were almost done, the teacher told us that we could stop since the rest of the class hadn't even started and told us to make masks (next one I'll post).

I'm into Yu-Gi-Oh, and the Egyptian arc was still fresh in my mind. Thus the hourglass shape. The title comes from the red splatter on the inside because I wanted more red. If you look through the top or the slit on the bottom, you can see an Eye of Ra (I think, because I can't remember if it was the left or right eye right now).

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 pm
anonymous trickster
wow thats really good. i took ceramics in high school too and i made a bunch of stuff that i ended up giving to friends and family. i even made gir once for my friend smile

User Image

Nice~ My art tends to reflect the fact I'm an otaku as you will soon see. But if I can't get away with it, I will do something that isn't related to anime/manga/video games.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:57 pm
User Image

Neko Mask

User Image

So, after I stopped the coil pot from the earlier post, I made this. I shaped newspaper to the shape I wanted for the mask.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm
User Image

Simple Pinch Pot

User Image

Now we are to the stuff from this semester. The first project was to make pinch pots. I made 4, but I gave one away to a friend. So you guys only get to see 3. This is one of the ones I made. There is nothing special about this one. It was fired using a technique called raku, that is how I got all of those colors. Pretty isn't it?

19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff