Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:08 pm
I Brought the Lube
Y'know, you should just do what you wanna do, wear what you wanna wear, and just be happy. Don't care about what anyone says because in the end, you are just you. What's the point in changing yourself for the approval of others if it means you can't just be you? Stay strong, love. heart

User Image

I try to be, but it's hard with her constantly reminding me about my weight. But thanks for your words of support~

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:10 pm
Dagera
Rubai Sora

Ahhh, so she grew up in an area where fat people basically weren't present. That actually explains a lot! There were no fatness. No over indulging. Everything was worked for and living was hard. Now she's in an area where its all spoils! Everything is dispensable. Wouldn't that kind of difference mess with your mentality? Maybe she was taught you only take what you absolutely need and anything else is unacceptable, maybe she got punished for eating more or something and got the idea early on that overeating is bad/disgusting. Therefor fat people disgusting. Since she can't control her husband or your cousins she's going after you. She's still not right. But at least there's a little insight into why she's says such cruel things.

User Image

Hm.... I never thought about it that way. It was more like she was the eldest of 5 kids, so she had to help take care of them. They also didn't have much to eat, so they had to stretch it out as much as they could. I might be a subconscious thing since she's been in the US for well over 30 years.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 pm
Rubai Sora

Yeah those subconscious things tend to pop up at the most inconvenient times. -_- If she was basically the momma figure to her sibs she probably has gotten used to feeling responsible for everyone. Maybe she feels your weight is her fault. She probably doesn't even realize she feels that way herself thats why she just keeps doing it. She just sees her daughter with a problem, whether there be one at all, and is trying to fix it the only way she knows how. sad Sweet, really, in its good intentions, but hurtful in the way she's putting it forth. (Like many good intentions smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:35 pm
Dagera
Rubai Sora

Yeah those subconscious things tend to pop up at the most inconvenient times. -_- If she was basically the momma figure to her sibs she probably has gotten used to feeling responsible for everyone. Maybe she feels your weight is her fault. She probably doesn't even realize she feels that way herself thats why she just keeps doing it. She just sees her daughter with a problem, whether there be one at all, and is trying to fix it the only way she knows how. sad Sweet, really, in its good intentions, but hurtful in the way she's putting it forth. (Like many good intentions smile

User Image

Sounds like a reasonable situation. She pretty much helped raised them since it was expected of the eldest child.

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 am
Rubai Sora
Kitalpha Hart
i know. and then they get grandchildren and hopefully get off your back to spoil them~

User Image

That and they'll have to admit you are an adult.

Thing is, I'm my parent's youngest and it was by pure chance they had me. In a way, I was pretty much their grandchild since they were in their 40's (people even thought I was their grandchild, even just a few years ago).

i'm the youngest in my family too -.-l|l
spoiled in some families, held up to impossible expectations in others and treated like they're always babies in still more

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 am
Rubai Sora

Oh my goodness my mom was the same way. Everyone takes it differently at first I felt like I was just being attacked and she was just evil. I been overweight all my life really not to much but enough to have to look really hard for clothes that fit emo . Anyway, in my opinion I thought it was a good thing she did what she did because it got me to not want to look chunky anymore, gave me some motivation. She didn't want me to be a stick, but she didn't want me to end up with diabetes or other health problems so I understand where your mom is coming from. I think your mom is just trying to push you to work on it, I don't feel like their is any harm in that, I mean I would have rather listen to my mom criticize me to my face and tell me what not to wear then everyone talk about it behind my back.
She means well so try not to take it to much to heart!

If you need some positive encouragement I'm here for you, feel free to PM or anything. c: <333

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:34 am
itscatherinedude
Rubai Sora

Oh my goodness my mom was the same way. Everyone takes it differently at first I felt like I was just being attacked and she was just evil. I been overweight all my life really not to much but enough to have to look really hard for clothes that fit emo . Anyway, in my opinion I thought it was a good thing she did what she did because it got me to not want to look chunky anymore, gave me some motivation. She didn't want me to be a stick, but she didn't want me to end up with diabetes or other health problems so I understand where your mom is coming from. I think your mom is just trying to push you to work on it, I don't feel like their is any harm in that, I mean I would have rather listen to my mom criticize me to my face and tell me what not to wear then everyone talk about it behind my back.
She means well so try not to take it to much to heart!

If you need some positive encouragement I'm here for you, feel free to PM or anything. c: <333

User Image

I know she means well, but I'm not the person that responds well to that method.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:39 am
Rubai Sora

Tell her just that then. That you understand her, but if she was more supportive in a positive way. Make it work for the both of you, if its bothering her so much do something together that makes the both of you active.  

S0FAKINGCHEESY

Dapper Fatcat

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:56 am
User Image User Image

It's normal for moms to be a bit carried away when it comes to their kids. So she's concerned about your weight and all and I think her style of convincing you to lose weight is to keep on saying negative comments to your face (if I may be so blunt). However, I do think she's getting a bit carried away. She's not helping anymore, rather she's just slowly hurting you without noticing it.
      I suggest you just ignore her comments and wear what you want to wear. Although, I wouldn't ignore her completely, as she only has what's best for you in her heart.

Trust me, I'm undergoing the same thing as you are now sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:06 pm
Personally, its not her business what you do with your body. You're not doing anything drastic or harmful, so I don't see why shes being so nit picky about your wardrobe. If you're comfortable in your own skin, I don't see what the issue is.  

Mord Alushar

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces