Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ninja Toybox

Back to Guilds

A Guild literally chock full of ANY type of Role Play! Careful, contains epic action, romance, and CHEEZE! 

Tags: harry potter, werewolves vampires, fantasy, romance, role play 

Reply ✯Sci-Fi
✯Centauri Hawk✯ OPEN and ACCEPTING Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:17 pm
Captain Knight slid into a seat at the bar near a young woman who, oddly enough, resembled himself a bit, with similar dark red hair and grey eyes. She must have had noted the resemblance as well, because she was regarding him curiously. The Captain turned back to the bartender to respond.

"I assure you, if anything were wrong, I would not be lounging at the bar. I merely had a moment to myself..." he explained, tapping his communicator impatiently, before finally sliding it into his shirt's front pocket. "You wouldn't happen to have any hot tea back there, would you Mr. Eadenvale?"

Although he maintained his normal restrained expression, concern was in fact growing in his mind. It was most likely a common mechanical failure that had affected the ship a moment ago, and it would take at least a dozen more freak occurrences to even have the possibility of endangering a ship of this magnitude, but... The ship had slowed... Even if they were to lose propulsion, the ship shouldn't have slowed, existing in a state of hypothetical free fall with nothing to slow it in deep space... If his intuition was correct, and the ship had slowed, some outside force had to be acting on the spacefaring vessel. Perhaps the electrical storm some several hundred thousand kilometers to port was stronger than expected... Or hid some other gravitational anomaly. With any luck, someone would get back to him with some sort of information so he could decide on a course of action.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 pm
Kay9214

Kate_Ancharn

I'm dead. Blaze ran as fast as his feet could carry him, almost knocking over several passengers. He knew he was leaving sooty footprints behind him, but there were far more pressing matters than the floor. So, so dead...
"Captain!" He panted, slowing to a stop and catching his breath. "Obviously, you know this already, but something's gone wrong. The central connection... thingy... is broken." He'd never been good at the technical jargon, but the fact that he still didn't know what he was doing didn't help. "We tried to fix it, but we're not having any luck. And Mr. O’Brien says we might end up getting too close to a nearby star system- I forget what he called it, but that's why we're not still moving so quickly. For now it's not a problem, but if anything else happens, it could be." He spoke in between breaths, trying not to get the grime of the ship's insides on anything else. Why did they send me? I've hardly been here a week...

OOC: Sorry it took so long! sweatdrop  

Commander_Corvus
Crew

Questionable Alchemist

Kate_Ancharn

Beloved Regular

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:41 pm
Gimble_ofthe_Wabe
Kay9214

"Point taken," the Brit nodded, noting the Captain's irritation with his communicator. "And no, I haven't got any tea ready at the moment." If it was meant to be a jab at the fact that the man was from England, he let it slide, mainly from the fact that he DID have water on and ready for a cup of Earl Grey most days. His thoughts were brought back to the malfunction when a youth covered in soot came to a halt inside the bar. Leaving a trail of SOOT behind him. Probably from engineering. Poor man's in for a chewing out, he mused.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:08 pm
Captain Knight shut his eyes... trying to restrain his sudden contempt.

"Mr, uh, Stratford, was it? I appreciate you making that announcement in front of everyone..." 'as well as for the trail of chaos you left that undoubtedly leads back to engineering, he thought to himself, but thought better of adding.

Knight sighed. "You're from electrical, aren't you? Why are you-? ...never mind. Is something wrong with the comms too?"

Either that, or alongside the fact they had to send some new kid up to tell him, they didn't have anyone to spare on-station. And someone who didn't even know what the machines were called, no less. He might have meant the drive shaft in the primary core... Or a number of other vital systems...

"If you'll excuse me, Mr. Eadenvale, I don't really drink alcohol, so I should probably see to this before they run us into an iceberg down there."

Kate_Ancharn

Gimble_ofthe_Wabe

Kay9214

Lonely Nerd

Commander_Corvus
Crew

Questionable Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:41 am
Kay9214

He blushed slightly, realizing that he hadn't been paying attention to the passengers. He didn't bother to correct the name, he felt he had done enough damage already.
"No, nothing wrong with those, but everybody's down there trying to get things stabilized again. We'd most likely be heading a sharp port right now, if they weren't, so they sent me up." He tried to keep a steady tone, keeping whatever insecurities he had away from where they weren't wanted. I never wanted to be an engineer, but I most certainly didn't want to be a mechanic either. This is not in my job description. Whatever was going on, it was going to be a handful.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:48 am
Domino laughed on the inside. Externally, her composure held, but she couldn't help but find the kid's attitude amusing. He seemed to be attempting to fight off the urge to cower, which, actually, seemed like it would be a proper course of action. Well, he was the messenger hoping he wouldn't get shot. She honestly couldn't care less about what he was saying, although she could hear it easily. Something about the problem. Well, unless it was a people problem, she really couldn't do anything, even if she had felt like helping out.  

Commander_Corvus
Crew

Questionable Alchemist

Commander_Corvus
Crew

Questionable Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:07 am
Kay9214

Good luck, hope it's not too bad. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:49 pm
Kay9214
((had a sudden minor surgery come up in the morning, followed by a short prescheduled absence from Gaia, may use surgery as excuse to stick around. So, may or may not be around for few days))

Ohhh... Well, good luck with that.  

Kate_Ancharn

Beloved Regular

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Guildmember 100

Textbook Dreamer
Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:47 am
User Image
Ѧ n y a x Ð m i t r i e v

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Strolling into the Centauri Hawk bar, Anya had the oddest notion that there was a pattern going on..."My my...have I walked into a bar joke?" she arched a perfect brow. There seemed to be a high count of redheads here this evening. Interesting, and mildly amusing.

The young Russian debutante had been hoping to pass some time in the bar before her sister attempted to set her up with another 'date' on the damn ship. Perhaps if she was drunk it would pass swifter. Now at least, it seemed her time in the bar would prove amusing. At least that was what she hoped.

Leaning up on the counter, she smiled at the bartender. "Brandy please." she ordered, eyes wandering lazily across the bar.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Character Notes: Wearing Dis... and...well...she's amused.
OOC: Lazy post >.> sorry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:39 am
Textbook Dreamer

Whatever good feeling there might have been lingering in her consciousness, it died. It's one of these sorts... She had fond memories of stealing their lunch money... And later their life savings. As a group, they had gotten smarter, better prepared, but it was still too easy. A mug is always a mug. She had already decided that a game of NIM was in order. But that could wait. For now, she would just have to put up with the annoyance long enough to make a profit.  

Commander_Corvus
Crew

Questionable Alchemist

✯Sci-Fi

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out