Welcome to Gaia! ::

[ B U R N :: the everything guild ]

Back to Guilds

The Everything Guild... For Everyone, Everywhere. Designed with you in mind, to help you make the very most out of your Gaia experience! 

Tags: charity, contests, reality, advice, gold 

Reply - Extended Discussion & Debate -
Ghost Writing: Ethical or Not?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:47 am
Wikipedia
A ghostwriter is a writer who writes books, articles, stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited to another person. Celebrities, executives, and political leaders often hire ghostwriters to draft or edit autobiographies, magazine articles, or other written material. In music, ghostwriters are often used for writing songs and lyrics for popular music genres.

Opinions?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 am
In an attempt to spark some discussion, I'll ask some questions.

Is it fair for someone to take credit for someone else's work, even if they have permission to do so?

Why would someone try ghost-writing?

Would you ever consider ghost-writing?

Irako of the Desert
Vice Captain

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100

RabidKitten
Crew

Friendly Cat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 am
I am ok with ghost writing ^_^ There are so many instances of it though many people aren't even aware of it happening. I don't even know if Elivs wrote any of his own music! But where would my music collection be without the King's dreamy voice to lull me asleep at night?

As long as the author/creator has given their permission for it to be utilized by someone else I say go nuts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm
I think it is completely unethical for another individual to take credit for anothers pieces even if that individual is paid for it. It is highly dishonest and misleading of an individual's talent in any given field. They expect collegiate students to be uphold academic honesty by writing all their own pieces, yet they do not hold the same type of standard for other individuals such as celebrities, executives and etc. It is highly reminiscent of a bully beating up the nerd and forcing them to do their homework.  

[ Hoodie ]

Dapper Elocutionist

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:00 pm
[ Hoodie ]
I think it is completely unethical for another individual to take credit for anothers pieces even if that individual is paid for it. It is highly dishonest and misleading of an individual's talent in any given field. They expect collegiate students to be uphold academic honesty by writing all their own pieces, yet they do not hold the same type of standard for other individuals such as celebrities, executives and etc. It is highly reminiscent of a bully beating up the nerd and forcing them to do their homework.
Who is this "they"? It's the schools that try to curtail academic dishonesty, so is that the "they" you speak of? Are you saying the school systems should do something about how celebrities aren't writing their own artistic pieces?  
- Extended Discussion & Debate -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games