Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 am
o0Roxy0o

I definitely know what you mean! I don't tell any of my friends about Gaia.
It's best left unsaid. A lot of them wonder what I do in my free time.

I can't help but to log in each day. I look so forward to getting home and
coming online. I guess the addictions has become so bad that I put
Gaia before everything.

Specially when the guild is so active, I love it! It makes me want to put
even more effort in!

Ah! Gaia is like the nerdy version of Fight Club. First rule of Gaia: don't talk about Gaia. Lulz xp One time one of my little brothers was talking to his friend about Gaia during a car ride and I so wanted to tell him I was also on the site, but I figured I wouldn't survive the embarrassment of basically telling my whole family I was addicted to the site. emotion_facepalm I'd rather them think I'm a hardcore gamer than say what I actually do online. Keeping my family safe from my obsessions makes living a little easier and less awkward for everyone. whee

I did tell one of my friends that had similar interests about the site once, but they weren't interested. Though they even refuse to have a Facebook. Damn Monchichi not following my orders emo I'll force him to cave in someday and he'll have no choice but to wear the green jump suit I've prepared for him. (In-jokes, sorry) xd

I'll also work hard! Though at what I have no idea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:21 am
Kairanha
o0Roxy0o

I definitely know what you mean! I don't tell any of my friends about Gaia.
It's best left unsaid. A lot of them wonder what I do in my free time.

I can't help but to log in each day. I look so forward to getting home and
coming online. I guess the addictions has become so bad that I put
Gaia before everything.

Specially when the guild is so active, I love it! It makes me want to put
even more effort in!

Ah! Gaia is like the nerdy version of Fight Club. First rule of Gaia: don't talk about Gaia. Lulz xp One time one of my little brothers was talking to his friend about Gaia during a car ride and I so wanted to tell him I was also on the site, but I figured I wouldn't survive the embarrassment of basically telling my whole family I was addicted to the site. emotion_facepalm I'd rather them think I'm a hardcore gamer than say what I actually do online. Keeping my family safe from my obsessions makes living a little easier and less awkward for everyone. whee

I did tell one of my friends that had similar interests about the site once, but they weren't interested. Though they even refuse to have a Facebook. Damn Monchichi not following my orders emo I'll force him to cave in someday and he'll have no choice but to wear the green jump suit I've prepared for him. (In-jokes, sorry) xd

I'll also work hard! Though at what I have no idea.

I don't think I could ever handle having people I know in real life on
Gaia. I like to think of it as my second life when the first one isn't
going so great. If they were on here, I'd have to watch what I say.

Also, they'd always see me online and think that I'm some retard
who has nothing better to do.
emotion_donotwant

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 am
o0Roxy0o

I think that many people would have stuck around if it weren't for
booty grab. It's such a simple easy boring way to make gold, that
no one tries other ways. It was more fun when we had to vote in
the arena, bump the trees in towns and go fishing and then sell
the fish for gold. Now it's too simple, so we don't even bother
using the old fashion ways.

User Image User Image

Well, I admit that I am one of those people who are too lazy to bump the trees and fish around sweatdrop So you think people left because of Booty Grab?

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 am
This guy one of my freinds wanted to date said he was on it, she didnt have internet at the time so she made me join instead rolleyes been here ever since.

Personally i still play all the old games to make extra gold. Though sometimes i get all nostalgic about the old days when people actually had to bump to make gold, and anything over 10k took weeks of questing.

I also never tell people about gaia 4laugh I don't think they'd get it, in some ways its fairly contrasting to my real life. Apart from all the event planning and recruitment whee my gaia life is totally separate. Although when i first joined in high school a few people i knew where on here theyve all left. Know all my freinds are in their mid-twenties and spend their time working and sipping champagne, They'd see gaia as pretty stupid since it dosent help you "network"

heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 am
User Image

One of my friends told me about Gaia my first year of high school. My addiction has been on and off throughout the years....

Seriously, I can only recall one otaku that hasn't been on Gaia at any point, and that is one of my friends. Well, maybe the mother of another friend.... Who knows.... Never asked.

I swear, this is a true story. My friend (the one who got me on Gaia) had a sister. She was having a Bat Mitzvah and she wanted her sister to meet this one guy who was also an anime fan. I was also invited since I was sick for my friend's Bat Mitzvah and she could have one of her friends come. At one point, Gaia came up. I told him my user name and he says I've seen you on there. I ask what was his user name. Turns out about a month or so ago, I sold him an Easter Basket on the exchange. Not only did we meet on Gaia first, but my friend had met him somewhere on Gaia before meeting in real life! It's just one of those weird stories that tend to happen to otaku often.

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:05 am
I found out about Gaia on accident in 2006, when I was just 14. I've had a series of hiatuses (that a word? oh well.) and comebacks, and I'm super disappointed moreso this time around than before.  

Petriichor

Dapper Regular

Kitten Magana

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 pm
User Image

Kitten does not have a clue how she found Gaia. She came here during the Go Gaia phase and stayed for the roleplays, then left after being hacked back in 06' after she started playing with her real life boyfriend on here. Came back in tiny spurts for maybe a few weeks at a time in between then and 08' and then left after being hacked again in 09' even though she didn't talk to anyone, so there was no logical reasoning for the hacking. Came back this October to chat with the Master since he is obsessed with this site do to a little harlot he chats with on here. He's back to role playing / chatting with Kitten most of his day though, so it's really nice being back.

It's really hard to come back from nothing, but she already has a good bit of junk back thanks to the wonders of Heralds of Chaos and being really good at games. Never will have a halo or kiki army again, but that's alright. Kitten just learned never donate to a site. It's not worth the waste of money and you won't be as sad when they go up in flames. cat_whee

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 pm
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I heard about Gaia from TinierMe....  

MonkeyGirl188

Friendly Friend

10,800 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Queen of Purgatory

Sparkling Victory

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 am
I don't even remember anymore! It was probably an ad or something like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:09 am
I first saw Gaia mentioned on the LJs of RO players in December 2003. I took a quick peek and didn't join, because at the time I was burnt out on forum sites; I had some bad experiences on two different cat forums at the time. So, instead of making an account--I coulda been an '03 member cat_eek --I forgot about it for a couple of months. Then I came back and joined.  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:23 pm

i found out about Gaia through a magazine
but it was months later or even years later after i
read that that i actually checked it out

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 pm
I was introduced to Gaia by a friend of mine in '06 because I was moving away. So, we decided that's how we'd keep in contact because we couldn't call each other since it was considered long distance, which costed extra on the phone bill. x3 Yup.

xKiklala

FaelenLeigh

Adored Cutie-Pie

13,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:24 am
User Image

✿ ~ ✿ ~ ✿

I came across Gaia Online through a friend (my now fiance), back in 2007. He said he was a member, and his reasoning for spending so much time was talking to people in the Forums. When I first joined, I was extremely shy, and didn't take to forum posting. I was more into the personalization of my avi. It was later that I started joining in the forum discussions and joining Guilds. I'm on every day for at least an hour, and I don't plan on changing that =^.^=

✿ ~ ✿ ~ ✿

User Image

23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas