Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cret-chan
Crew

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:12 am
When writing a story, is writing an ending a breeze or a challenge?
Do you have any tips? :]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:31 am
User Image

Hm.... I'm a little different. When an idea first pops into my head, it's usually a general concept. I work out the kinks of the concept. Then, I figure out the main points I want to get to, this includes a general idea of how I want it to end. I then start writing the story out, making changes to what I want to do including the ending. By the time I reach the end, the ending might be different then what I originally wanted to do!

As for tips, just think about what kind of emotion you want to achieve. Also, it needs to work with the story, of course. You can't have something coming from nowhere unless you plan to make a sequel.

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:54 pm
For me, when I begin writing a new idea, I know exactly how I want it to end. So the outcome I want is easy, but wording it can be hard since I want it to be perfect.
I think the ending paragraph/chapter should somewhat reflect the beginning in a sense of wrapping up all of the loose ties.
If I plan on writing a sequel I will try to set it up in the ending to tease my reader for what is to come, kind of like a sneak-peak to make them want more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:49 am
it depends for me. sometimes i have a basic idea of a beginning, middle, and end and just have to fill in the steps to get there mostly. other times i just have the idea to start it out and let the story go where it wants to until it finds an ending all on its own. really it's either up to the plot bunny that formed it or the story itself to decide the ending and how hard it is to get to it  

StrayKit

Yggdrasiln

Backwoods Backpacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:13 am
I either have the start and ending of a plot, and am rubbish at writing the development, or have the premise but no end. Sometimes just visualizing characters in situations that would make them react in a multitude of ways works, or thinking of an end goal for a character can help as well for me.  
11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games