Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll for you.
  option 1
  option 2
View Results

gobstoppers_are_crunchy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:02 am
lmao i am probably like the porest here i really dont go on enough to get serious gaia gold !  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:45 am
Lower lower is my current standings.... o.O oh well i have a random question for some person to please answer. yes, i'm still relatively new to gaia since i forgot about it for the longest time and well, i'm curious... what the hell is a n00b?!?!?!?!? (yes its ok to call me completely stupid.)  

original karbear

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:28 am
original karbear
Lower lower is my current standings.... o.O oh well i have a random question for some person to please answer. yes, i'm still relatively new to gaia since i forgot about it for the longest time and well, i'm curious... what the hell is a n00b?!?!?!?!? (yes its ok to call me completely stupid.)

In short:
newb: new person to Gaia
n00b: A really annoying person. XD They often talk in leet or chat speak and flame, beg, etc....
noob: Can be taken either way. ^^;

An oldbie can be a n00b. =]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:34 am
Runic1
Wewt, nice fire emblem siggy Bloody!Venus
...but isn't Soren a guy?

I'm prolly around...middle middle or upper middle. I think it'd be fun to try and calculate for sure one of these days^^

Well, I must confess that I judge outfit and then personality. 1st impressions are almost always based on appearance, after all. It's kind of hard to get an opinion of someone's personality if the first thing you see them type is whee or something like that^^;
However, my first impressions are easily changed after chatting with someone.
Ah, very well worded. ^^  

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

original karbear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:42 pm
sdrawkcab
original karbear

In short:
newb: new person to Gaia
n00b: A really annoying person. XD They often talk in leet or chat speak and flame, beg, etc....
noob: Can be taken either way. ^^;

An oldbie can be a n00b. =]

thank you very much for clearing that up for me. i was entirely confused...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:27 pm
Well...if someone saw a newbie with the starting stuff but was a nice person would you be their friend?  

Emerald Sun

Bunai

Angelic Blob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:10 pm
What if the social class was based only on the worth of the amount of gold and items you have?umm that would be stupid, cause a lot of oldbie gaians don't own a lot of stuff, i'm an "04 and i still have event items that out weigh my common buys

Using the following chart, which social class to you belong to?
Lower Class: 1k-100k currently 14198g by polling and posting

Also, when you think of the Gaian social class you belong to, do you normally judge yourself based on your personailty, your actions, typing style or the net worth of your items?umm no...its nothing to think about, i'd like my avatar to be fashionable though. i don't care if someone sees a donation on me and assume i'm something else.

Do you take both personality and richness into account?i guess. i assume users with OMG, AFK, DJ's or Halo are older users who know the rules and navigation of gaia, so when i see one flip out in the QA or FS forum its weird.
but just because they own old donations doesn't mean they are rich gaians, my first donation to gaia was June 2004 --> Angelic Pendant or Horns of a Demon, worth a lot now, but it doesn't mean i'm rich...the hamster hats and the pajamas i bought with gaia money.

What criteria do you use to judge others?if the post is a rant and full of cussing, i pretty much am disappointed with them. yes you can tell a new user simply buy style of clothing and that the style they have is cute but very basic, like they don't have their own yet.
you can tell when an old user just wears a peasent dress or goes nakie cause they way they type...you just know they are up to something.

if i see back post of someone who has been just plain mean. i see no use in helping them in anything (quest, donation, questions etc)

a lot of political posters who hate me because i'm american are a complete turn off

Have your first impressions of a person often turned out wrong?i like the flame items, plan on owning the whole set...what is up with everyone and flame items?
not really...i'm a lurker, and an observer in RL...so i can usually tell how people are if i stand back. not sayin i'm an expert...since personality can do a complete 180 while online  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:02 am
@gobstoppers: I was once there... and then I got addicted to the site. ^^;

@karbear: No problem. =]

@Emerald: I can only speak for myself, and say yes, I would be their friend. I usually give people a chance and see what their personality is like. Though their clothes may be the first thing I see, and therefore be my first impression, I don't judge people by what they wear. ^^;

@Bunai: Wow, what a thorough answer. ^^
XD And yes, I understand when you say that just because you have an expensive item from long ago, it doesn't mean you're rich.
I have an angelic pendant because I got it back when they were cheap. It's worth a lot, but it doesn't mean that I am rich. I'm not willing to sell it, and therefore gain no profit off of its value.
I want to own some of the flame items myself. n.n I just used flame clothes as an example because everyone else does. Plus, new n00bish users seem to be attracted to them. I find the strereotype to be correct 65% of the time. ^^;;

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash