Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Starting a new Chaos army.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NORWEGIA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:37 am
I recently got inspired to start a new chaos army using the models in the Dark Vengeance boxset.

And I am thinking of adding a huge unit of khorn berzerkers using two boxes of assault marines and two boxes of khorn berzerkers. Using them as recently fallen khorn followers. My question is should I paint them as loyalists with lots of blood on their armor or should I just paint them in the warband color?

Thanks for all input.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:51 pm
Well it all depends on what you want to achieve. If they are Space Marines that have recently fallen to Chaos then paint them as loyalists with blood on their armour, though I would recommend using the original Space Marine assault squads but with weapons from the Chaos box sets. It fits the bill of marines that have gone renegade.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NORWEGIA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:23 pm
Angels Sonata
Well it all depends on what you want to achieve. If they are Space Marines that have recently fallen to Chaos then paint them as loyalists with blood on their armour, though I would recommend using the original Space Marine assault squads but with weapons from the Chaos box sets. It fits the bill of marines that have gone renegade.

Good point, but I want to add some bits from the berzerkers just to show that they follow khorn things like the chainaxe. and shoulderpad with the mark of khorne.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:24 pm
I will post pictures if I get my setup in order. Just saying.  

NORWEGIA

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:30 pm
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

Good point, but I want to add some bits from the berzerkers just to show that they follow khorn things like the chainaxe. and shoulderpad with the mark of khorne.

There's definitely nothing stopping you from doing so. Plus the Bezerkers have the running pose so that would work in your favour.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:36 pm
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

There's definitely nothing stopping you from doing so. Plus the Bezerkers have the running pose so that would work in your favour.

Thats kinda the thing, I like the "running" legs of the assault marines more. But Im gonna post pictures when I start the project if you would be interested in seeing it.  

NORWEGIA

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:41 pm
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

Thats kinda the thing, I like the "running" legs of the assault marines more. But Im gonna post pictures when I start the project if you would be interested in seeing it.

Yeah definitely. I'm starting a Chaos army myself so you'll be seeing pictures of my work.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:44 pm
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

Yeah definitely. I'm starting a Chaos army myself so you'll be seeing pictures of my work.

Awesome. Are you excited about using the cultists aswell? Also, do you have and suggestions about what loyalist chapter colors i should use. Im thinking of using white scars or space wolves.  

NORWEGIA

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 pm
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

Awesome. Are you excited about using the cultists aswell? Also, do you have and suggestions about what loyalist chapter colors i should use. Im thinking of using white scars or space wolves.

They'll make great cannon fodder, and they're cheap to boot. I'm not sure about chapter colours, If I add any renegade models, I'll go with my own chapter, though if I had to choose, I'd go for Space Wolves. They're already close to Khorne in terms of assaulting and their blood lust.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:48 pm
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

They'll make great cannon fodder, and they're cheap to boot. I'm not sure about chapter colours, If I add any renegade models, I'll go with my own chapter, though if I had to choose, I'd go for Space Wolves. They're already close to Khorne in terms of assaulting and their blood lust.

Good point. I might get a pack of space wolves to add some of the heads.  

NORWEGIA

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:53 pm
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

That and the dual sided chainswords look cool as well  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:57 pm
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

Oh yes! and the rune covered power sword with the long handle. The champion can have use a power weapon right?  

NORWEGIA

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:59 pm
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

Oh yes! and the rune covered power sword with the long handle. The champion can have use a power weapon right?

He can indeed  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata
NORWEGIA
Angels Sonata

He can indeed

Ah, my enemies will tremble!  

NORWEGIA

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas