Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
bleaching hair

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Candy Corn Slushie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:09 pm
I really want to bleach my hair again but last time I did it at a salon and it cost a ton - and not only that my hair is twice as long since I did that.

How about doing it at home with the box dye? Everyone said it would really fry my hair and turn it orange.

It is a darker brown right now.

Any advice or should I just suck it up, save more and go to the salon?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:49 pm
Hm, it might just be easier to go to the salon, especially if you've never done it yourself, and if your hair is longer now. How long is it now? Because that's a big thing. Also, the darker your hair the longer you have to leave the bleach in. I've been bleaching and dying my hair--mostly in strips-- since I was 11 (I'm 24 now) and I have super dark hair, nearly black but not quite. I tried to bleach my whole mop when it was down past my shoulders once and the one bleach kit I bought only lightened it to a weird darker orange/lighter brown color and it was blotchy, there were still chunks of dark brown all over the place! I needed at least two more bleach kits before it got blonde, so it cost me more than I first anticipated. And it was a pain!! It stinks, it burns a little and because my hair is so dark I have to keep it on for the max it says to keep on the instructions. Phew, let me tell ya, its not fun walking around with a plastic bag on your head that's emitting toxic fumes. And doing it too much can really dry out and damage your hair. gonk I'm all for changing up hairstyles but I don't want to have to apply more chemical to my hair just to downgrade the damage from the other chemicals, know what I mean? 3nodding

So, you'd really want to try and get it lightened to your liking on the first attempt and not have to subject your lovely hair to any more abuse. So I'd suggest cutting it shorter before doing it yourself or dishing out the cash for professionals to do it. They do, after all, have a better view of the back of your head which is a huge frustration to reach! 4laugh

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

Hilly White

Generous Tipper

8,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 am
Candy Corn Slushie
I really want to bleach my hair again but last time I did it at a salon and it cost a ton - and not only that my hair is twice as long since I did that.

How about doing it at home with the box dye? Everyone said it would really fry my hair and turn it orange.

It is a darker brown right now.

Any advice or should I just suck it up, save more and go to the salon?

Go to the salon.. You can make it a nice blonde with box dyes, but it takes several times of doing it. First you'll get a rust color, then you'll get a semi-rust color, then you'll get a nice blonde, but your hair will be fried. I know, because I did it to mine. And I am now trying to repair it.. -_- I dyed my hair back to its natural light brown (which should help right away because darker colors retain more moisture) however, my hair was so damaged due to all the beaching that even after several bottles of high quality shampoo my hair is still mostly fried. Go to the salon.. or avoid blonde all together.. .___.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games