Reply 11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing
questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaTesagi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 am
1) how do you get outta writers block? i cant really think of how to continue any of my stories or write anything at all. i just been focused on drawing since i kinda have to for classes.

2) do you think i should blog stories? i had stories online in other places but only post now poems or begining of stories on this guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:04 am
Hi,
I have been in a similar place regarding writers block. After getting married to a man- i never should have married- and years of feeling beaten down, i got divorced, (and got sick). As a teen and a young adult, i was an exceptionally good writer- then over the "married years" i just lost it.

As for getting rid of writers block, one thing that i learned from my first writing mentor, is to get a note book, and to write down whatever comes into my head for a minimum of 15 minutes a day. Whether you do 10 minutes, or twenty minutes is inconsequential. You say you have nothing to write, so when you start you ten minutes, if that is what comes into your head, then *write that!* if that thought goes thru your head several times, then write it down several times,you will find your mind will drift to a new thought or sentence to write, and i know i am amazed what comes out at times.... what story just- begins out of no where. Many of my best stories, or poems, started with "I have nothing to say. I swear, i am so bored, and so tired... i just can't think of anything i want to write. I really don't feel like doing this...." (and on and on, only within a sentence or two, my mind won't let me "stay there", (and i hate being negative anyway), but.... it flows into something entirely new- that i never would have expected.

I am sure there are other methods of overcoming writers block, this is the only one that has been extremely effective for me, (well, sitting in silence in front of a fireplace, ( i love the colors in a real wood fire....) that will eventually make me write- and i do think that silence, or time to be alone with your thoughts, and while giving those thoughts room to express themselves without music, or tv, or noise in general -- it is important.

I was watching oprah the other day, she was interviewing a reverend (rev. Bacon), she asked how long he spent in prayer, and what his ritual was for "going to that place". He has a favorite chair, and he starts each day with over an hour of prayer. She asked "a FULL hour? you must have a lot to say", and his reply really caught me. He said "Ya know, a lot of that time is not speaking at all, often I am waiting and listening for the spirit to tell ME what to do, not asking God or spirit to do things for me or others." He went on to say he prays for others, but more often then not, spirit will "guide him" to something he needs to do, to effectively be "God's hands and feet in this world" as St. Francis fo Assissi would say.

Using that silence doesn't have to be a god thing, or a prayer thing if that isn't "your thing". If Spirit isn't your thing- then think of as your intuition, or deeper conscience wants you to know,or think about (or maybe to write about).

Good luck!!
celeste heart heart heart heart  

hopehopehope

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

KayaTesagi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:46 am
hopehopehope
Hi,
I have been in a similar place regarding writers block. After getting married to a man- i never should have married- and years of feeling beaten down, i got divorced, (and got sick). As a teen and a young adult, i was an exceptionally good writer- then over the "married years" i just lost it.

As for getting rid of writers block, one thing that i learned from my first writing mentor, is to get a note book, and to write down whatever comes into my head for a minimum of 15 minutes a day. Whether you do 10 minutes, or twenty minutes is inconsequential. You say you have nothing to write, so when you start you ten minutes, if that is what comes into your head, then *write that!* if that thought goes thru your head several times, then write it down several times,you will find your mind will drift to a new thought or sentence to write, and i know i am amazed what comes out at times.... what story just- begins out of no where. Many of my best stories, or poems, started with "I have nothing to say. I swear, i am so bored, and so tired... i just can't think of anything i want to write. I really don't feel like doing this...." (and on and on, only within a sentence or two, my mind won't let me "stay there", (and i hate being negative anyway), but.... it flows into something entirely new- that i never would have expected.

I am sure there are other methods of overcoming writers block, this is the only one that has been extremely effective for me, (well, sitting in silence in front of a fireplace, ( i love the colors in a real wood fire....) that will eventually make me write- and i do think that silence, or time to be alone with your thoughts, and while giving those thoughts room to express themselves without music, or tv, or noise in general -- it is important.

I was watching oprah the other day, she was interviewing a reverend (rev. Bacon), she asked how long he spent in prayer, and what his ritual was for "going to that place". He has a favorite chair, and he starts each day with over an hour of prayer. She asked "a FULL hour? you must have a lot to say", and his reply really caught me. He said "Ya know, a lot of that time is not speaking at all, often I am waiting and listening for the spirit to tell ME what to do, not asking God or spirit to do things for me or others." He went on to say he prays for others, but more often then not, spirit will "guide him" to something he needs to do, to effectively be "God's hands and feet in this world" as St. Francis fo Assissi would say.

Using that silence doesn't have to be a god thing, or a prayer thing if that isn't "your thing". If Spirit isn't your thing- then think of as your intuition, or deeper conscience wants you to know,or think about (or maybe to write about).

Good luck!!
celeste heart heart heart heart

Thanks heart biggrin  
11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas