Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 pm
User ImageName: Korbie Muninn
korbie— misspell of corbie, a scottish word for crow, raven, or rook
muninn— old norse for memory, also one of two ravens that served as messengers for the norse god Odin

Blood colour: #4d0099

Symbol: User Image

Personality: Korbie has a lot of potential for wisdom, but lacks the passion to do anything with it. Why, she can't even read or write. But if there's one thing she can do right, it's listen. She has an immense patience, and she doesn't see any reason (as a long living indigoblood) to hurry through life. Korbie's that troll who's always taking the detours in life. She jumps from place to place, wanting to see and try everything before she dies. What wisdom she has comes from experience rather than education. Seeing how she's just a kid, she hasn't quite garnered enough experience to be considered wise. Nonetheless, she can be surprisingly intelligent in more philosophical matters.

Korbie is probably one of the most passive indigobloods you might find. She loves to meet new trolls more than anything in the world. She'll lavish friends with gifts and guidance regardless of caste. She doesn't really understand the purpose of the hemospectrum, but she doesn't really need to considering how high her blood color is! Her biggest problem with the hemospectrum is that lowbloods always get so scared around her. Which is so silly! She's not scary at all!

While Korbie loves to help just about anyone, she is more likely to help those that are willing to carry her goodwill and help others in turn. She's less likely to help those who are unnecessarily mean, and will certainly not help anyone be violent towards others. Later in life she will reach out to more aggressive trolls, but often as a moirail or auspice figure, trying to soothe the anger out of them. As a whole, Korbie disregards helping any trolls that argue with her or ignore her advice. If they don't want her help, then they won't get it. In her eyes, it's their loss.

Korbie is willing to make lasting relationships but lacks the capacity to commit herself to just one or two trolls. She is comfortable with trolls opening up and sharing their deepest feelings with her, but she is shy to reciprocate the sentiment. She is only likely to open up during times of vulnerability, which can be rare for Korbie considering her usually carefree attitude. Though just a child, Korbie often fantasizes about quadrants. But if she were to actually fill one, it would take a lot to get her to stay faithful. After all there's a lot of finbeasts in the sea! And Korbie wants to meet all of them.

Stubborn and immature, Korbie is undeniably bratty. She is quick to get frustrated when someone "breaks" her stuff (which includes friends) or muddles with her plans. This is what will get her into most conflict. However, she is more likely to threaten than to get violent. She will threaten others into backing off so she can avoid fighting, but this can get her into more trouble than she anticipates. And by then it becomes a matter of fighting her way out of conflict. In the outcome of a fight, significantly hurting a troll (emotionally or physically) would bring her grief, and she'd work very hard to get back into their good graces.

Korbie's hobbies lie in two major areas, gardening and crafts. She has interest in studying the effects of plants and herbs as medicine (though most of the plants she finds are poisonous and deadly, rather than useful). Korbie is very reverent to nature, and refuses to let any natural substance go to waste. She lives by (the former) OHC, so she gathers dead remnants from the vast glub and puts them to good use. Sometimes she'll use the bones in her medicinal studies, but she's more inclined to get artistic with them. She'll paint on the skulls, adorn them with feathers, and will use them as decoration in her hive. A lot of her friends stop seeing her after they've been inside, but Korbie just doesn't understand why!

Strengths: 

Creative— Korbie may not be intelligent in booksmarts, but she makes up for it in being full of ideas. Her creativity helps her through tough situations, such as situations where she may need to be able to read. In these situations she can pick up on visual cues and often infer what she needs to know. Or she can creatively influence someone into reading it for her. That works too.

Patient— A rare trait for a highblood. Korbie likes to take things slow and easy. She's in no rush to get anywhere, ever. She's good at auspicing between trolls or just listening to their qualms. This trait makes her a great friend to air your troubles to. And on a troubling planet like Alternia, this helps her build an army make lots of friends!

Guiding— While listening is great, it's not very helpful unless it's paired with some advice! After her friends air their grievances, she's quick to think of a solution to their problem. Korbie is good at seeing paths to success that other trolls would not have noticed. She's also a firm believer in karma, that her helpful words will one day find a way back to her.

Flaws: 

Immature— Korbie has no interest in upholding any societal standards or other troll's expectations. Because of her stubborn immaturity, she will not perform inherently essential behaviors, notably literacy and violence. Because of this, trolls of a higher caste have a tendency to outcast her or look down on her. Her defiance of expectations can also lead her into trouble with the law, which is never good.

Slow— Korbie is not bright. She is likely to ask questions that other trolls may see as mundane or silly. Things that are understood naturally to some trolls are big learning tasks for Korbie. She likes to take her time, and time is not always something that is available. This not only can frustrate friends, but get her into tough situations in cases where she needs to be physically faster.

Whimsical— Carefree as can be, Korbie couldn't care less about most things. She jumps from idea to idea, rarely considering the repercussions about acting before thinking. She's the kind of troll who won't realize she's gotten herself into quicksand until she's already knee-deep. And then she might even do it again.

Weapon: A staff made of dead troll bones, bedazzled!

Appearance: Hair- Korbie has her short hair fashioned into large braids that fit tight to her scalp. The exception is her bangs, which she curls inward and sweeps to one side.

Face- Round face with chubby, pullable cheeks. She always paints eyes on her eyelids, so she's always watching. She draws lines on her mouth to give the illusion that her mouth is stitched together. Her horns are shaped like bird's feet.

Clothes- She wears a loose, cropped, shoulderless sweater with feathers of her blood hue adorning the neckline. She pairs this with white highwaisted shorts. She goes shoeless but loves to accessorize and wears plenty of gold bracelets, anklets, and rings (even on her toes!)

Home: Korbie's hive is a mobile caravan currently stationed on (former) Old Hemisect's beach. It's quite large for a caravan, but very clutterred on the inside, because Korbie and her lusus are shameless hoarders. 

Lusus: Papa Crowcodile does not appreciate all of Korbie's shenanigans, as he is too lazy for her antics. But he is still very proud of her and her arts and crafts, and he keeps many of her projects in his nest or on the thermal hull. He molts a lot, and Korbie uses the feathers in much of her work. He is extremely protective of his baby girl, and Korbie loves him dearly.

Power: naw man  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:52 am
Well, she is so cute I am smitten.

Hey Kimbley! I'm enjoying Korbie a ton, she's got an interesting spin for a troll with such high blood. I love the fact that she's so into others, but puts them off somewhat unknowingly with her habits (and also her blood, but you know). Aaaanyway, just a couple things I wanted to go over.

She's very much the advice giver and seems willing to help most anyone, but is there anyone she wouldn't help? Is there any type of behavior that would off-put her enough to drive her away instead of the opposite? Or is her patience pretty all encompassing?

I'm also curious about the level of her relationships. Since she's willing to help so many, and also tends to be carefree or careless, are her relationships often surface deep or does she make lasting bonds? Does it matter to her either way? I'm not looking for a ton of information with this one, it's more a personal curiosity with her character, but I do think it could give us more insight on the way she thinks.

Finally, with her immaturity trait, it seems like it might be difficult to get her involved in any type of outright conflict, including the battles she'll need to progress from her eventual teen stage to adulthood. Is there anything that could spur Korbie on to action or violence? Maybe in attempting to protect someone? Perhaps you had a bit of character growth in mind that just isn't apparent at this point in her life and so it wasn't listed. Either way, I'm just a little concerned about her stark refusal hindering her progression (in an ooc sense more than an ic sense).

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:17 pm
saedusk
Well, she is so cute I am smitten.

Hey Kimbley! I'm enjoying Korbie a ton, she's got an interesting spin for a troll with such high blood. I love the fact that she's so into others, but puts them off somewhat unknowingly with her habits (and also her blood, but you know). Aaaanyway, just a couple things I wanted to go over.

She's very much the advice giver and seems willing to help most anyone, but is there anyone she wouldn't help? Is there any type of behavior that would off-put her enough to drive her away instead of the opposite? Or is her patience pretty all encompassing?

I'm also curious about the level of her relationships. Since she's willing to help so many, and also tends to be carefree or careless, are her relationships often surface deep or does she make lasting bonds? Does it matter to her either way? I'm not looking for a ton of information with this one, it's more a personal curiosity with her character, but I do think it could give us more insight on the way she thinks.

Finally, with her immaturity trait, it seems like it might be difficult to get her involved in any type of outright conflict, including the battles she'll need to progress from her eventual teen stage to adulthood. Is there anything that could spur Korbie on to action or violence? Maybe in attempting to protect someone? Perhaps you had a bit of character growth in mind that just isn't apparent at this point in her life and so it wasn't listed. Either way, I'm just a little concerned about her stark refusal hindering her progression (in an ooc sense more than an ic sense).

Thanks sae for the crit and kind words! I'll get this edited up into the quest!

Is there anyone she wouldn't help?

At this stage in Korbie's life she's more likely to help those that are willing to carry her goodwill and help others in turn. She's less likely to help those who are unnecessarily mean, and will certainly not help anyone be violent towards others. Later in life she will reach out to more aggressive trolls, but often as a moirail or auspice figure, trying to soothe the anger out of them. As a whole, Korbie disregards helping any trolls that argue with her or ignore her advice. If they don't want her help, then they won't get it. In her eyes, it's their loss.

Since she's willing to help so many, and also tends to be carefree or careless, are her relationships often surface deep or does she make lasting bonds? Does it matter to her either way?

Korbie is willing to make lasting relationships but lacks the capacity to commit herself to just one or two trolls. She is comfortable with trolls opening up and sharing their deepest feelings with her, but she is shy to reciprocate the sentiment. She is only likely to open up during times of vulnerability, which can be rare for Korbie considering her usually carefree attitude.

Is there anything that could spur Korbie on to action or violence?

Stubborn and immature, Korbie is undeniably bratty. She is quick to get frustrated when someone "breaks" her stuff (which includes friends) or muddles with her plans. This is what will get her into most conflict. However, she is more likely to threaten than to get violent. She will threaten others into backing off so she can avoid fighting, but this can get her into more trouble than she anticipates. And by then it becomes a matter of fighting her way out of conflict. In the outcome of a fight, significantly hurting a troll (emotionally or physically) would bring her grief, and she'd work very hard to get back into their good graces.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:12 pm
Hello! Korbie’s adorby. Let’s get to crit.

The biggest question I have concerns Korbie’s patience vs. her stubbornness. She has plenty of time in the world and seems to be very easy going, so it was a bit curious reading that she’s immature and frustrated when her plans are obstructed. This addition raises some questions!

Does her patience extend to persistence? She seems to be fallible when things don’t go her way; can she bounce back from it easily or does she become disruptive if her deeds and ideas are met with conflict? To me, patience would allow her to gloss over someone meddling or getting in the way, but her stubbornness seems to clash with that—it seems as though she’s only patient on her own terms! In what cases is she patient/impatient?

Your descriptions of her immaturity are mainly that she’s illiterate and that she ISN’T violent… My first reaction is that those examples aren’t really reflective of her immaturity in a convincing way. While refusing to learn to read or write may be irresponsible, refusing to be violent is not a huge issue considering her blood, even if she’s shunned by other highbloods for being unusual. She can afford to do neither of these things and it’s not reading as a hindrance to her. I’d explore other ways that she could be immature, or negative aspects that can be associated with immaturity if you’re having trouble spinning it.

Also, does she act childish or unsophisticated because she’s going against the grain, or is her sense of reality really “out-there” to the point where she acts in a more callow manner? With her confusion about the hemospectrum, I’m getting a sense of both, but am having a hard time pinning down when she acts either way.

If she’s in her own little world, does she bother to come to any (imagined) conclusions about important issues (hemospectrum conflict, etc) in order to dismiss them, or does she even get that far in the thought process? Her beliefs in karma and more philosophical matters are leading me to believe that she’s replacing some values and ideals of Alternia with that of her own creation, and if this is the case I’d love to know more.

Patient and guiding are reading fairly similar – I’d parse them out to be a bit more distinctive, because they’re both essential auspice traits that could use some distinction.

What is Korbie’s reason for her face paint – specifically, her mouth stitching? Theatrical make-up is frequently of the capricious inclination, though the symbolism of eyes open/mouth shut listener mentality is strong.

Aaand… What does Korbie think about herself? I’m just curious to know!  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces