Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 am
The 8th Anniversary Character Creation Contest

That's right, make up a special character for any race, give it special rules, history/fluff, and stats, and submit it here! Try to keep it realistic to the army you're putting it in (no toughness 5 guardsmen or Necrons with bolters), and just try to have fun with it!

This contest will run from the 20th of August until the 16th of September. All entries are to be posted here in this thread.

Prizes:

1st place: 10000g
2nd place: 7500g
3rd place: 5000g  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 pm
Character Name: Pax (originally Ilyas Tarquin)

Original Chapter: Black Shield (originally Night Lords)

Armour: Mk. 5 "Heresy" Armor, with Mk. 7 Helmet

Appearance: Extremely pale skin, jet back eyes (essentially the eye is all pupil), scar along the right side of his mouth that pulls it up into a smirk, close-cropped black hair, stern patrician features

Bio/History: Born on Nostramo, stuck in stasis following the Siege of the Emperor's palace, only just now woken up and seconded to Deathwatch by the Inquisition.

Other:

It is a difficult thing to stand in the light, when you were made for darkness. When all around you falls to the shadow, revels in it, but instead you stay pure, unsullied. I think it is a gift. A new chance, for honor, for redemption.

But I am getting ahead of myself, or perhaps aside of myself if I am to be truly honest. Let me start this tale again.

I was born for the third time on Mars, billions of miles from my birthworld.

They had stuck me away, to see what was wrong with me, to see what had failed. When those tests failed (as I knew they would), they put me into stasis and stashed me away in a dusty corner on the red planet. Stashed me away and evidently forgot me. My entire existence was forgotten. Who I was, where I came from, my brothers, buried in the deepest recesses of the Imperial archives. We had built the Imperium together, they tried to tear it down. I and many others stopped them. I stood the walls. But I was forgotten.

Time rushed by and I, safely ensconced in a stasis field, remained blissfully unaware. Until some enterprising tech-priest and his retinue poked their noses into my dreary world.

They woke me up.

Light once again entered the darkness. Several hours later, once the screaming had died down...

What? Do not give me that look, I was merely startled and acted out of instinct. I regret what happened.

Then another group of mortals came. Yelling prayers and benedictions like zealous madmen, I laughed in their faces and pointed to the Aquila on my chest. I explained what had happened. They showed mercy once they had me restrained. At first I could only speak haltingly in Gothic. It was not my first language. My voice still carried the sibilant tones of my homeworld. A murderer’s tongue they called it.

They put me through more tests and when no taint was found they asked me my name.

They left me alone again in the comforting darkness. Precisely 8.45 days later they came back. Told me they had done some digging in the Imperial archives. I was there, they said. I was a hero, an anomaly. For some reason I had kept true to the Emperor, refusing damnation as my brothers descended into an orgy of madness. I had stolen a ship and made my way to Terra. I stood the walls on the Emperor’s palace.

They then told me the year.

I blacked out.

When they woke me up again later they told me I had to relinquish my name and granted me the chance to pick a new one. I chose Pax. I loved the irony of it.

It became harder when they told me I needed to repaint and reconsecrate my beloved Mark V armor. I would no longer go to war in midnight clad.

I wept for the second and last time in my life.

The man, who told me he was an Inquisitor, next told me that I could still serve. Gone was my legion’s symbol, gone the lightning and the midnight blue, all replaced with the blackness of the void. Yet I would serve the light as an apothecary once more, beside other Astartes, facing the slavering darkness that cries out for humanity’s blood.

Forgive me brother, but I see you are fading. I am sorry for this monologue, and prolonging your pain, but moments when I can speak the truth come but rarely.

Your duty is done, it is time for you to rest. Let me grant you the Emperor’s peace and know that you have done him proud.

Apothecary Pax Character Sheet

Pax may be chosen as an Elites Choice for 150 points or may be attached to either a Tactical, Assault or Vanguard Squad. If attached to an Assault or Vanguard, he must be given a jump pack for 15+ points.

WS 5
BS 5
S 4
T 4
W 2
I 5
A 3
Ld 10
Sv 3+

Wargear: Ad Hominem, Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Ad Nauseum and Reductor, Frag and Krak Grenades.

Special Rules: And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Move Through Cover, Scout, Forever Loyal and Terror From the Shadows.

Forever Loyal: Pax stayed loyal when all of his Legion Brothers turned to follow the traitor Warmaster Horus. He stood atop the walls of the Imperial Palace and cast back the heretics and fallen Space Marines. He retains a particular hatred for Chaos Space Marines and that hatred burns like a super nova when ever he faces them. To represent this Pax gains Preferred Enemy Chaos Space Marines and Furious Charge.

Terror From the Shadows: The Apothecary is well known for his shadowy nature and seems to enjoy himself when striking from the shadows. Seeing such a ghostly and frightening figure being spat out from the darkness is enough to chill any onlookers nerves. This rule means Pax has the Infiltrate ability. However, the controlling player may pick a single building and Pax can choose to appear from a wall within the building. When his model is placed, he may do a charge action at any enemy within 6". The unit he assaults first must re-roll any successful Morale tests for that combat.

Wargear:

Ad Hominem: This is an ancient lightning talon that is rarely ever seen within the Space Marine ranks, more normally seen within the traitor Legions. This particular claw is one of the earliest marks and a relic of the Great Crusade. This is classed a Lightning Claw which the worst roll to wound can be a 5+. It additionally has the Rending Special Rule

Ad Nauseum: A Mk II Narthecium. An extremely early version of the current Narthecium. As with most Great Crusade era pieces of equipment, it is superior to it's 'modern' equivalents. This counts as a Narthecium which gives Feel No Pain to both Pax and any unit he joined on a 3+.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:11 am
From DarkElf27, who can't upload this himself due to being stuck on a nuclear wessel.

DarkElf27
Drake Vendric
Pts/Model WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Drake 150 5 6 4 4 3 5 3(4) 10 2+(4+)
A Space Marine army of 500 points or more may include Drake Vendric. If you decide to take him, he counts as one of the HQ choices for the army. Drake must be used exactly as described below, and may not be given extra equipment. In addition, he may only be used in a battle where both players have agreed on the use of special characters.

Wargear: Master-crafted plasma pistol, master-crafted bolt pistol, artificer armor, force shield, frag grenades, melta bombs

Special Rules:

Independent Character: Drake is an Independent Character, as defined in the main rulebook.

Fearless: Drake has fought out of battles much more suicidal than this one. He cannot be pinned and never falls back, even from attacks that would normally cause the enemy to fall back without a morale check.

Expert Marksman: Drake has a great deal of experience fighting with his pair of pistols, both at range and in close assault. His plasma pistol counts as a power weapon in close combat, to represent firing while in the midst of melee. He may fire both pistols in the same turn, and they have the following profile.

Bolt Pistol: S4 AP5 18” Assault 2
Plasma Pistol: S7 AP2 18” Assault 2

Careful Planner: Drake spends a great deal of time preparing his operations to have the least loss in life as possible, strongly valuing the lives of his men. Any deep-striking unit that suffers a mishap may re-roll the mishap. In addition, if the opposing army has any special rules which impact the deployment, deep-strike, or incoming reserves of the army which includes Drake, the opponent’s rule is negated.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:35 pm
Army:
Chaos Space Marines

Name:
Hry'drask Calas Ovidius

Cost:
300 points

Stats:
WS: 7
BS: 6
S: 5(6)
T: 5(6)
W: 4
I: 6
A: 4
Ld: 10
Sv: 3+

Unit Type:
Infantry

Number/squad:

Wargear:
Power Armour
Bolt Pistol
Frag grenades
Krak grenades
Personal Icon
The Axis

Special Rules:
Fearless
Independent Character
5+ Invulnerable save
Praise be to The Broken!

Options:
May replace personal icon with Mark of The Broken for 20pts

May replace bolt pistol with a plasma pistol for 15pts

May replace close combat weapon with one of the following:
- Power Weapon for 15pts
- Power fist for 25pts
- Single lightning claw for 25pts
- Pair of lightning claws for 30pts

May take one of the following:
- Twin-linked bolter for 5pts
- Combi-weapon for 10pts

May take the following:
- Melta Bombs for 5pts

May take one of the following:
- Jump Pack/Wings for 20pts
- Bike for 30pts
- Daemonic Steed for 30pts

May instead replace all wargear with Terminator Armor, Twin-linked bolter and The Axis for 30pts. In this case may only choose options from the following list:

May have a personal icon for 5pts

May have Mark of The Broken for 20pts

May replace twin-linked bolter with a combi-weapon for 5pts

May replace The Axis with:
- Power fist for 10pts
- Chainfist for 15pts
- Single Lightning claw for 10pts

May replace his twin-linked bolter and The Axis with a pair of lightning claws for 10pts

The Axis:
A Deamon weapon of great power, The Axis was forged using the fractured pieces of souls collected by The Broken and bound into a blade. It has had many names and many wielders, though none have been able to stay it's calling and many have taken their lives with the same blade, adding their souls to those trapped within. Only one has ever conquered the blade and, to this day, he still wields it against the enemies of his Goddess. Against models with a WS value, Hry'drask's close combat attacks always hit on a roll of 2+. In addition, The Axis is treated as a power weapon and, against vehicles, adds an extra D6 to Hry'drask's armour penetration rolls.

Praise be to The Broken!:
A devout worshiper of The Broken, Hry'drask's soul is intertwined with the will of his Goddess, making them one. Upon Hry'drask's death*, The Broken will unleash Her will though Her former champion.

Roll 1D6, Result:
1 - Even the will of The Broken can not raise her fallen champion.
2-3 - The champion is reborn a Chaos Spawn.
4-5 - Hry'drask lives again!
6 - The spirit of The Broken fills her champion, summoning a Greater Deamon.

*Note: Power can only be used once and must be used same turn that unit dies

Mark of The Broken:
Hry'drask has attained the favour of the Broken, Matriarch Goddess of the warband The Wronged, by proving himself time and time again. Because of the Mark of The Broken, Hry'drask gains benefits from the mixtures of magical powers and, therefore, gains powers from all four other Chaos Gods Marks (Khorne +1 attack, Tzeentch +1 to invulnerable save, Nurgle +1 toughness and Slaanesh +1 initiative). Having been proven, the blessings of his Goddess protect him from the Instant Death rule.

History/Flufff:
Hry'drask was born on Krieg and suffered though the rigors of daily life, military duty and commitment to the Emperor of Mankind. Fearing he would spend all his years upon the lifeless planet, Hry'drask committed himself to campaigns off world, allowing him to "see the universe". After several years of successful campaigns, the Imperial fleet was called to a subsector that lay under the siege of Chaos. Upon deployment though Warp space to Subsector Aurelia, the Imperial fleet became lost within the Warp after Navigation officers succumbed to the effects of the Warp and their unholy masters. Lost within Warp space, members of the crew either fell victim to the Lords of Chaos or took their own lives.

Hry'drask, while attempting to take his life, was stopped by the visage of a beautiful woman who called to him. As he dropped his las-pistol and crawled to the woman, she asked him if he wished to live. His lips trembled as he uttered but a whisper, "Only for you, my queen". The ghostly woman pressed her lips to his, and breathed pure power into him, warping his body and mind as she filled him with the souls of the fallen. Instead of succumbing like those before him, Hry'drask whispered a single word; "More."

From that moment forward, Hry'drask has stood at the right side of his Goddess, The Broken, making Her will real. With each battle won and with more souls collected in Her name, Hry'drask has grown in strength and power, his human body broken and twisted into a mass of muscle and Warp energies, making him equal to that of his genetic superiors; the Space Marines.  

The Telling Truth

Perfect Zealot

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:36 pm
This was a bit of a tough one, but we managed it!

1st: Jason Kharo
2nd: The Telling Truth
3rd: DarkElf27  
Guild Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas