Said 'friend'...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Smexi_Dino_xX

Wheezing Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:18 pm
I guess I should give a bit of backstory first.

My 'friend' and I have been close since the beginning of seventh grade. Always together and having a blast. Looking back I would say we were two outcasts against the world. But everything started going down in eighth grade, November to be exact. We would get into fights a lot and she would always make me seem like I was the bad guy, I wont deny I might have provoked her but, whats wrong with asking why she would always say "so and so are my best friends, and not one else because they stick by my side all the time." literally RIGHT behind my back in class. She would do this repeatedly, maybe twice or three times a week, different words and different people. It still hurt though. Really badly, to the point I would almost break into tears in the middle of class.

I told her this, I believe, three times. She would always counter it with "oh but (insert sob story here that has nothing to do with what I said)". And I would always want to reply back with "I know you used to cut yourself and you had bad things happen to you too. But why the hell are you treating other people you just met more like a friend than me who stuck by your side through thick and thin, even though you said those things?" (i'm not sure that made sense). Even when we are on facebook messaging you can usually tell when someone is really excited or in my friend's case 'why the hell are you talking to me I'm bored of you' and she would reply back with o.o all the time. Then we would fight and I would angrily get off facebook and cry sometimes.

So, to clear things up, This 'friend' of mine has been making me feel like s**t and makes me feel heart broken and betrayed. Even though I stuck by her through her cutting, and helped break her of her shyness towards others. Yet when I am truly the victim, she tells her personal friend about the fights making her look like the victim, instead of telling him the full story.

I know its obvious that she's not interested in me being her friend, but should I try to talk to her? Ignore her? Ask her if she still wants to be friends?

Forgot to mention:: Over the sumer I was the one starting conversations with her. And when we were deciding what to talk about, I suggested music. she said and I quote "we dont like the same music". Which FYI we do. And she has been stealing a lot of my ideas. I dont mean to sound like a jerk but most of the time I see her talking/posting most of my ideas elsewhere and everyone going 'oooh...ahhh' over things I tell people weeks before.

Anyway I hope I don't sound like such a huge jerk in this but I just want some advice.
Love- Dino

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:58 am
I think what she wants is distance. I can't tell you why, but for some reason she wants to push you away. This could be any number of things. But the best thing you can do for yourself and your feelings is to let her go. It's not going to help you if she hurts you so much. My suggestion is to find some other people you hang with. Don't ignore her, don't pick at her, don't talk about her behind her back. But don't go out of your way to make a friendship work if it's not. I hope that you find somewhere that you belong with people who are nicer. And maybe she'll decide she needs you in her life, and she'll apologize for how she's been acting. Good luck, and I hope this helped!  

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Frantic Search

Interesting Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:23 pm
Yes, I also think that (unfortunately) your friend is trying to push you away.

You never know... there might have been some miscommunication, some misunderstanding about you since she said "so-and-so sticks by my side all the time." Was there ever some instance that she might have thought you betrayed or disregarded her? If not... refer to the first sentence of this paragraph.

Say what you want to say. Force her to say what's up. In response to "so-and-so sticks by my side all the time," say something like, "Listen, haven't I stuck by your side? Is there a reason that you are implying otherwise? I really want to continue being friends, and I don't know why you're distancing yourself from me. Even if I don't know what I've done, I apologize if I've ever done something to you. Please be honest because I don't know what to do if you act like this."

If she's still stubborn, I guess there's nothing else you can do than move on. If she's stubborn it's clear that she wants to break off the relationship... so make friends with decent-er people. I'm really sorry. It's a horrible feeling to lose a best friend. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:28 pm
anticupid16

thanks for the advice. We're going to different schools this year so I'll meet new friends. : )

Frantic Search

And thank you too. We used to get into little arguments, but she was the one always making them worse and starting most of them... I quess i'll try to ask her whats going on. She actually posted something along the lines of 'I have no more friends' on facebook today. : / I guess that gives me the opportunity to ask her about it...  

Xx_Smexi_Dino_xX

Wheezing Fatcat

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces