Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OFFICE] Professor Selene's Office (Read Plot Request Post!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:44 pm
Taika hummed to herself as she skipped up to the room where she was supposed to leave her homework. She was pretty proud of what was pretty much her first essay ever. She hoped that it made sense and that Professor Selene liked it.

Quote:
For my first ever class at Amityville, Holiday Doors was awesome. The lecture was very informative; I learned a lot from it. The chocolate was fun until we all passed out, but waking up in Thanksgiving Town was a great way to immerse us in the culture of one of the other doors. I know it wasn't intentional, but we learned a lot there.

First of all, we woke up in these weird outfits, but they seemed normal to the people who live there. I was dressed like a Pilgrim, I think, in this black dress thing that was heavy and itchy and really hot. There was a hat that went with it, too, it was black with a buckle. Everyone else seemed to be dressed like the Natives, with scraps of cloth and colorful markings on their skin. So from that I learned that there were two different kinds of people that live in Thanksgiving Town. Well, unless you count the turkeys, but from what I gathered the turkeys are just a source of food for them. There's a lot of other food too, like potatoes and vegetables, but the turkey seems like the main dish.

Which is another thing! I was really curious about what they did to turkeys there and now I know they eat them! But I still don't know what happens between them being alive and them being food. They are pretty tasty, though. I got a taste before we woke up back in the classroom. Speaking of food, it's one of the first things I wanted when I woke up there. It was almost like the Pilgrims and Natives that live there are constantly hungry and that is why there is so much food there all the time. It smells so delicious, too. To me it felt like a need to start eating and not stop, but we didn't really get the chance to eat a whole lot since we woke up again pretty quickly.

Overall, it didn't really feel like a dream at all, it was more like an unsupervised field trip where we had to fend for ourselves and learn about the culture. I would actually like to go back someday, though not by chocolate. I think field trips to the different Holiday doors would be awesome if that would be possible, even. Getting to dress up and learn more about the people and creatures who live in each world act and think and live.

There was one girl in our group that seemed kind of off? Like she didn't really belong with us. Even though the rest of us couldn't access our powers, or magic, or what have you, she kept sort of flickering in and out like a ghost almost, but she didn't really look like a ghost. And she didn't act like she was from Halloween. Really, who would say no to a smallpox outbreak? She sounded like it was the worst thing ever! And she said she couldn't eat the food! I did not understand that at all. The food was there and it smelled delicious, and the Pilgrims were sort of trying to force it down our throats. They kept asking us if we were thankful for the food, but I didn't really understand why that was so important.

Unless that's the whole point of Thanksgiving? They are thankful for the food they have made and the company of their friends, the Natives. Or maybe they are thankful for something the Natives did. Maybe the Natives got them the food! Or showed them how to cook. That could be it. I think that's it.

Anyway, I actually had a really good time in this class, and would definitely take another class from you!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:03 am
Considering his room was uninhabitable at the moment with the gnomes busy at work to fixing the mess that he had made, he found himself out in the woods in his usual spot with his notebook and pen. Considering he had class, he should do the homework assignment Professor Selene had assigned. Pulling out another pad from his jacket, he flipped through the pages before he came across the appropriate assignment:
'Homework: Write a 600 word essay
fully detailing your experiences while
under the effects of the candy'

Shaking his head with a sign, he took the pen to the paper.

Quote:

Uru'baen Oro-Cocytus
October 4th

Holiday Doors
Professor Selene

The candy that was given to use to represent 'Valentine's Day' was in the shape of a heart. The type that is distributed during the Scaretine's Festival which corresponds to the aforementioned holiday as the similarities between the two are closely similar. Candy, flora, and love are distributed among the populous as terms of affection from one individual to another. The candy itself was chalky in texture, but the flavor was sweet and delightful to the point that it was a battle to fight back the urge to get another. There were words on it that I could not make out as they appeared faded or missing parts of the letters, however, I was able to make out '_e Mi_e'. In any case, it was mentioned that the candy was gotten from a trustworthy source and, as students, we put our trust in our authority figures to keep the students safe. However, it would appear that was not the case as it would appear that eating the given candy caused the class to go into a catatonic state with induced hallucinations that could be written up as a dream.

Waking up in a world unknown, the environment was made up of solid clouds in the sense that they were clouds but one was capable of standing upon them. They were soft to the touch, moist if one were to run their hand through it that one could assume to be precipitation. In the distance, the clouds spiraled upward to a large spire that speared to the sky. In the sky were flying figures - these figures were the form I had taken upon waking as well as the four others that were with me. I assumed that I appeared much like the others; infant scarelings, pudgy, wearing sash and nothing else, wings on our back, locks of hair on our head, big eyes, cheeky, and a bow the size of our body strung to our back. It would appear that this was the inhabitants of this world. One individual of our group was afflicted with an unknown ailment; unsure if it were from Halloween or if it was one of the world that I have come to know as Valentine's. We were shortly spotted by a native but it was shortly after that we had fallen into the dark with a loud sound.

That was when I had woken back up in class.

After class, I had ventured to the library in order to do further research on the subject of Holidays, specifically Valentine’s Day and Scarentine’s Festival. It would appear the creatures that I had encountered in that world were known as Cupids – well, the main individual responsible for the holiday is known as Cupid and all others share the same epithet based on the appearance of a ‘naked baby with wings and a bow’. It is said that the ‘cherub’ shoots individuals with arrows to cause the victims to fall in love with the next in their sight which is stupid. So vastly stupid that if I were to see a ‘cupid’ that I would not hesitate to attack it.

I also learned that no one from Halloween would be able to effectively blend into Valentine’s world due to the fact that no one resembles a baby, has wings, will willingly be naked in an unknown place, and have access to a blow. Furthermore, I question the safety of that world to anyone who was not capable of flying. As solid and comfortable as the clouds were, I am unsure if there were not any space that was empty for an individual to fall into. Lastly, I have learned that accepting candy from Professor Selene is in bad taste unless it was proven before that the sweet is safe for consumption without inducing some sort of catatonic state.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:00 pm
Harrow looked nervous, hesitant, as he handed over his paper for the Holiday Doors class. The words contained there in were confident, well spoken. They would probably serve as a shock to anyone who'd ever met him in person.

Fortunately, the only one who would read it would be the teacher.

Quote:
Somehow, eating that candy transported us to the world it's from, thereby hoping to teach us a little about its origins. This seems an impossibility, since candy isn't sentient, let alone intelligent, so it seems more logical to assume that some element of the door was infused into the candy, or perhaps whoever helped in the cleansing of the candy poured some kind of magic onto it.

Whatever the results, the fact of shared experience seems to imply that it was more than simply a dream, and certainly not our imaginations: whether our bodies sat in the classroom or not, our consciousnesses were transferred to another place, and we spent some time outside of ourselves.

I will admit that the knowledge I earned from my time spent in somewhere that seemed to be Easter Town, or something like it, were extremely limited to the point of being useless. Waking up, I found my usual shape gone, replaced with the soft, downy form of some kind of bird -- a chick, covered in light feathers and incapable of flight. Perhaps, if I'd been able to take off from the earth and soar above, this would have been a useful experience. Instead, I was limited to hopping around on ill-equipped clawed feet, while my fellow students found themselves in the shapes of big-footed bunnies.

In the distance, as we woke, we saw the shape of something that looked like a town, or a city, and Frost suggested we head in that direction. It seemed a good plan; there we could learn about the locals, which presumably you would have been not only excited about but ecstatic about. Alas, this was not to be. We only made it a few steps before a group who seemed to be the local authorities showed up to to take us into custody.

I say seemed to be because, while they spoke with authority and wielded giant carrots as if they were weapons [they might have been; we've seen stranger, haven't we?], there was something about their laughing attitude and cavalier swagger that made it obvious all too soon that their intent was not a good one.

We were lucky, perhaps, that before they could take us off to whatever danger they had in store we all were taken again by the power of that Fear-touched candy, and transferred back to our own bodies, safe and sound in the classroom.

My personal reflection on this matter is one of split feelings. I openly admit here, in this paper, that in the moment I was so petrified that I simply wanted to be home and away from the danger. There was no time, during our adventure abroad, when I was curious, nor when I wanted to engage with the locals and learn more about their culture. It seems that sort of knowledge is better obtained via books and teachers, such as yourself. In contrast, however, I do vaguely regret the fact that we saw nothing other than miles and miles of candy, and bunny-shaped locals. It would have been interesting to have an experience under my belt, an introduction to another part of the greater world.

In truth, this was my first venture anywhere other than Halloween, outside of one crazy dream, and as a first, it was something of a let down -- and, worse still, it was a let down that tasted faintly of that awful candy egg that I ate to get there. I can only hope that the next time I head out on an adventure -- hopefully chaperoned and safe, this time -- it will be more interesting, and more exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:44 pm
Hadiyya had indeed turned to her boilfriend for assistance with her homework. Despite having been present, she'd spent a good deal of time rather shocked by her appearance, and had not taken in as much of her surroundings as the other members of their group. Regardless, by the end of the page, she felt she had job a reasonably good job of it.

Quote:
St. Patrick's Day
Hadiyya

This is a report on my experiences within the emerald world of St. Partrick's day, but first, Let us take a moment to discuss the lecture itself. Easy to follow, informative, and topped off with delightful visual aids! I have to say, it was a very pleasant experience. And of course, the candy. Those lovely little treats that transported us into dream, or alternate world. Delicious, and adorable. Hats off to the professor for a very creative, and very informative class.

Now onto the world behind the clover door. Most notable, of course, is the over abundance of green. The color if everywhere. From the endless fields of clover, to the buildings, to the clothing the denizens wear. Even a stripe of green in the rainbows that arched over head. Now, I happen to like green, it's a lovely color, but in my personal opinion, the sheer volume of the color was very nearly overwhelming. I know our dear Halloween can be a dark and gloomy place, but there is color here in all colors of the spectrum.

Now then, on the topic of color, let it be known that what little divergence there was, was lovely to behold. The rainbows, innumerable, were a beautiful. Easily my favorite aspect of the emerald word, and quite possibly it's only redeemable feature.

Let us move on to the denizens that call this green wonderland their home. They are short. Simply put. Short, stocky individuals that seemed to run predominantly towards Irish folklore. They share similar traits with those citizens of Halloween that hale from the Welsh isles in terms of fear. Pale skin, curling hair(in mostly reds and browns), and accented voices. But that is where similarities cease. Like everything else in St. Patrick's day they are dominated by the color green. From buckle shoes, to socks, to knickers, vests, waist coats, bow ties, even little hats. Green as green can be.

We did not make it to the city, but what I could see from a distance looked as though it would have been worth a tour had we the opportunity. The buildings were, you guessed it, green, but they were tall, short, wide, narrow. All shapes and sizes. The city, I think it was a city, looked to be a bustling community.

I am not certain if I would return if given the option. I cannot say that my time behind the clover door was unpleasant on a whole, nor can I say I enjoyed it. It was, however, different, and I am grateful for the experience. We can not discredit the worth of experience, regardless the flavor.

I do wonder how large a world St. Patrick's day is. Is it a single city and surrounding country side? Is it a continent? An entire world, like our beloved Halloween? It would be interesting to find out, perhaps not first hand, but through second hand research. What other wonders does this monochromatic holiday have to offer? Leprechauns are the primary race, but are there others? And if so, what? Are their different environments? Is there a different landscape behind that door than the green city and it's surrounding clover fields?

Maybe I would go back, if only to sate this curiosity. We face danger often, it is an inevitable thing in our world and in our lives. What's one more dangerous field trip? A plan for the future, perhaps, to travel abroad through the different worlds behind their colorful doors. If, of course, it is permitted. Some knowledge is worth bending the rules for, but then again, some is not.

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:47 pm
After class Camilla had scurried back to her dorm to do her Homework they hadn't learned too much so she hoped she'd beable to get 600 words in the essay

About a hour later Camilla left her dorm with essay in hand and headed to Ms. Selene's office she smiles a bit nervously as she hands it in she had never written a essay before so she hoped it was ok

Camilla

Camilla Forester
3rd October the 20th

My Trip to the Easter World

It was a very interesting though short experience! Somehow that candy you gave us sent our minds or spirits or both to the world that the candy coresponded to the sending proccess unfortunatly was rather unpleasant...

First it became harder to hear things then I became tired and sluggish which wouldn't be unusual for me if it was cold due to my natural biology however shortly after a strong dizziness came over me then everything started to swirl and blur into blob of color and finally the worst part hit me a powerful wave of nausea I very nearly got sick but finally passed out before I could I do NOT recommend you try this Ms. Selene

When I finally woke up it found myself in awe! Everywhere there was candy! Mostly chocolate but there was lots of sugary candies too! The ground the tree's even the grass all were littered with candy! And the colors everything was either bright and alive looking or a soft pastel color I was really excited to explore the world (Especially sense I plan to have a belated Easter Themed Tea Party) heh probably too excited however...

I found that while I was the right height it was a different specie! A bunny to be specific my fur and eyes were the same color as normal and my voice was normal I was just a large bunny instead of a large Dormouse it seems that to safely enter another world the way we did we had to abandon our natural FEAR based forms and take forms made out of what the world was created out of in this case Hope and so naturally our borrowed form was that of a native specie and sense we were still us in mind and spirit our borrowed form looked like a Easter form of how we look in Halloween in my case a bunny that looked like a Easter version of my natural form least thats my theory heh

I wasn't the only member of the group there were four others three other bunnies and a chick I did get to explore alittle bit until one of the other members of the group that had eatten the Candy Egg suggested we all go check out a town that was off in the distence a very pastel town I was all for it and excited looking back I was probably alittle too excited but its mute now heh

Unfortunatly I never made it to Easter Town... because while we were introducing ourselves and deciding what to do a young chick hopped by after seeing none of us had eatten anything (I guess anybody can snack on any of the candy any time they want and infact is expected to) and considering our likely odd for Easter colorations the young chickie declared us weird and hopped off shortly after a large band of strong looking hares marched up to the group wielding strange shaped carrots they threatened to "egg" us if we tried to run (im not entirely sure what they meant by that but it didn't sound good) and called us of all things "spies" Im confident that wasn't your intention Ms. Selene but I would seriously have a word with the supplier of the candy they may have had... ulterior motives...

Anyway I told them we weren't spies and we were lost which was true then Frost I think his name was the one that suggested we go to Easter Town told the militant hares kinda everything that we were students from Halloween without a passport and asked them if they could take us to the door back to halloween at first this all seemed to get through to the leader of the Hares but he grinned and ordered his men to march us to the "Forest"

I was pretty dissapointed and worried that grin didn't seem good but I could only hope that forest had the holiday doors and they were going to send us home which im not entirely sure if that would have been a goid thing considering im pretty sure our current forms were Hope based fortunatly before we could make it there the candy's effects started to wear off! I apparently was the first down it was almost like a reverse of when I was sent there but less intense when I finally reawoke in class my stomach was still slightly upset but I seemed to be ok overall iv sense writting this not had any strange side effects so I think im ok

Overall aside from the initial unpleasant sending I had a pretty interesting time which helped to even minorly expand my knowledge of Easter and im thankful I had the opportunity to see another world!

(Ps. your invited to my Easter Themed Tea Party!)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:35 pm
Cadence hurried down the hall, to hand in her homework. She had finished just that morning, having gone to bed after she headed back to her dorm from the class.

Cadence's Homework

Cadence Tsukino
Holiday Doors: The More You Know
Professor Selene
4/29/2014

Easter Trip

During this class many unexpected events unfolded, some because this is the first class I have taken at Amityville being a newly enrolled student and others because of some unexpected side effects. Overall this led to a very interesting class room experience. The latter part of which will be documented in this essay.

The first thing that happened when I was in Easter town is that my senses where assaulted by chocolate, not literally of course but there was an overwhelming aroma of chocolate in the air which roused me from my sleep. Once I was up and able to look around I found that I was not in the class room or Halloween at all. There was chocolate everywhere, in bushes lying on the grass, I think there was more candy than actual grass! There were also eggs with some sort of can-dy beans in them. After a moment of taking in the scenery and noticing that there was a strange blur at the edge of my vision that refused to go away I got up and attempted to walk, except I did not walk but instead hoped. At that moment I found out that I had been turned into a bunny rabbit, a pale furred bunny with I can only assume since I never got a chance to ask my fellow classmates nor saw my reflection amber eyes. This was remarkably similar to a dream I had once, where I had been turned into a hare after eating cake. It disturbed me to think about because that dream did not end well so I tried to focus more on figuring out where we were and how to get back than on how and why I was suddenly a rabbit.

One by one the others started to awake, the majority of us had been transformed into bunnies but there were a few who had turned into chicks. We introduced ourselves to each other and started to come up with a course of actions, we were going to attempt to blend in with the locals and head to the pastel colored town we saw in the distance. From what I could see of the town the building appeared to be round and it looked quite interesting. As we started to head off a small baby chick hopped up to us, it was very slow and took a long time to catch us, which luckily enough we had finished discussing Halloween town by the time it had wandered up to us in declared us as weird. I wanted to retort that it was weird but the situation was handled by the others who declared that we were unique instead.

Not long after that a group of carrot wielding bunnies appeared, calling us spies and threating to egg us if we did not go with them. Frost in the Storm, explained to them that we were not spies but students who had somehow gotten lost in their world and asked if they could help us find our way back. They lowered their carrot weapons and discussing the matter for a moment before herding us, away from the town, which was a bit of a disappointment; I wanted to see what Easter town was like close up.

The one I assume to be the leader of the group called us lost sheep and then followed up with ”you know what we need to do with lost sheep.” To which we naturally responded by asking what they did to lost sheep as we were pushed into a forest. The squad leader responded with “Nothing bad, For us.” and grinned it as the rest started to laugh at which point I learned that the denizens of Easter town have an impressive set of teeth, and am glad that they never tried to bite us. I was needless to say a bit nervous about the intentions of the bunnies after that and apprehensive about entering the forest. We did not however end up traveling very far, not to long after that one member of our group passed out. If I am recalling names correctly I think it was Camilla. I was soon hit with a wave of dizziness as I tried to check on her and fell down, the bunnies where talking but the words where so quite I couldn’t make them out, and then they were drowned out all together by a loud throbbing sort of noise and I blacked out. The next thing I knew I was waking up back in the class room.

That is my unexpected trip to Easter. While it was a strange and confusing event I have to admit it was interesting and a tiny bit fun, when we weren’t freaking out or being pushed around by the bunny squad that is. Over all I think that I learned a quite a bit about Easter town from this trip.

shadica

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces