Submit

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:46 am
Okay, so this story involves me (Mia) and my female friend (Rose) and my male friend (Rob).

Basically I'm going to be a second year student at a college in New York City... The jist of it is that I want to go to a concert in the city (I bought two tickets) and Rose was supposed to go with me, but she backed out. My mom overheard me talking about it and told me to ask Rob to go with me but... it's a bit more complicated than that...

So during my first year I met Rose and Rob. Rose is in my major, my roommate, and the closest person I have to a best friend at my college. Rob is also a good friend from my major. However... he's a little creepy. He acts like a gentleman, but he looks like he's in his early thirties (even though he's only about 4 years older than me and Rose) and also has a few habits that are just kind of... odd. Also there was a complicated situation at the end of my first semester where I found out Rob had a crush on me and I tried as nicely as I could to turn him down because 1) I don't like him that way and 2) I've had bad experiences with dating people who are already good friends with me (also he's slightly creepy... but I didn't tell him that since that's just mean).

So anyway, this concert. It's not in an area I'm familiar with, so I don't want to go by myself (plus I have two tickets anyway). My mom insists I don't go alone, and told me I should take Rob because:
1) He still has feelings for me and will definitely commit to going if I ask
2) He was able to get free tickets to a concert I really wanted to see earlier this year and gave me one

However, I don't want to ask him because:
1) I don't want him to assume it's like a date and get his hopes up
2) He doesn't know the group who's playing and I don't even think he likes the style of music
3) He doesn't like crowds/loud places (ex, the free tickets he got earlier that he gave to me and some other friends, he came with us, but he actually said it "wasn't his thing" and it didn't look like he had a lot of fun)

Honestly right now I just kind of keep begging Rose to go with me... it's a group we both like and I'm even offering that she doesn't have to pay me back for the ticket, but the concert is on a Friday evening and for some reason she doesn't want to go out unless it's something later that night or on a different day.

The other option I have is to give away the ticket... but I honestly don't know anyone who would want it. I'm also not close enough to anyone that they would want to go with me.

And then... there's the option I just ask Rob. But he's really quiet and doesn't like the music, and I'd really rather go with someone who would have a great time with me jumping around screaming and dancing... except I don't know anyone except Rose who would... see? Circle of WTF-should-I-do decisions...

I don't know... maybe someone here could see another option that I'm not considering?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:10 am
Well, I can understand you not wanting to go with Rob in particular, and I don't blame you. Not wanting to lead him on is a smart idea. However, if it's an area you don't want to go to the concert alone, definitely. Unfortunately, if Rose and Rob are you only options and neither are possible, you might have to look for someone else. Maybe Rose has some friends that would be interested? It might be a bit uncomfortable going with someone you don't know well, but it's better to go with someone your friend trusts, than nobody at all. I hope this helps, and I hope you get to go to the concert!  

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces