Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
Mega decline on Mermaid tanks :O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:27 am
Arch Angel Neko

Then again this was back when BG and Aquariums were a hot item and people were playing all tanks even the crappy ones and stuff. Now seems people only want the high trigger and big payout tanks.

Been nice chatting, but I'm off to watch some Anime. Deadman Wonderland. Can't get enough of that s**t. Mmm.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:45 pm
Arch Angel Neko
azndreams
Arch Angel Neko

I'd have to beg to differ on that. Memphis could in essence outshine the dolphins. Maybe not so much the Airsharks, but in the 10months that she lives would overall lifetime make more than Airsharks or Dolphins in there lifetime. This is granted that you had full plays every single time.

chiisai-akanbo

I'm not fast just was up that night and was putzing around Gaia and Guilds and happened to have played over 50 of this new RIG and horrible horrible chances. Anyways I had come across the Mouton Twins more than I had wanted to, so I happened to know the item. Ha ha.

i see your point of view . But i am looking into earning the most in the shortest time possible. We all know or most of those who have been mermaid tank owners know that it does take a while to earn more than 10k - 40k in a day even if you have been bumping mermaid your tanks on most of its glow.

As a quester my aim is to earn gold the most in such a short time. smile That's why I am inclined into airsharks and dolphins. (Dolphins since I buy them with my gc.)

I used to maintain six full dolphin tanks and I did pretty well. I had lots of full or nearly full games.
While what Arch Angel said may be technically correct the total amount of gold a fish drops over it's life time doesn't matter if you don't have the players. I froze my fish several months ago so I'm going to speak from slightly old experience but I doubt the situation has changed. If you have two tanks glowing on a page and one is full dolphin and one is full Memphis most people will pick the dolphin tank every time. So living longer isn't much help if you are not getting the play.

For a while (maybe still?) there was a glut of new tanks on the site (the reason they removed Memphis BTW) so it was getting harder and harder to for 'medium' tanks to get as much play. There were too many players for the amount of tanks. I even saw a decline in my dolphin tanks that had been doing great for me for pushing two years.

A longer lived but still decent BG fish IS a good choice for a newer tank that is still trying to build up exposure. The old catch-22 that you need a decent tank to get the invites but you need the invites to pay for a decent tank. Longer life gives you time to do that.

Another factor that is very subjective is for a given amount of gold tossed out by a fish some fish toss it out in a pattern that is easier to catch and thus the player will often catch a greater percentage of it. The cluster trick of dolphins helps that but even when they are not grouped they tend to drop in 'waves' that to me is easier to catch than the way some fish toss it around.

If you do decide to buy dolphins price them out by cost per day to see which one is the better buy. Dolphins live for 122 days (4 months) and Irrawaddy for 28 days (4 weeks). So if dolphins cost less than 4.35 times an Irrawaddy (122 / 28 ) they are the better buy. (Current market price ratio is 3.7) I ran all regular dolphins and found them to usually be the better buy. In terms of other stats and BG play they are identical so it doesn't matter if you have one or the other or a mix. I think the main reason some people go with Irrawaddy even though they cost more per day is because the overall cost to get into them is cheaper.

All that said about dolphins, the Memphis can be a decent tank too. At least they used to be - depends on market prices. Before I froze my fish I was actually toying with the idea of making a Memphis tank. It's not that my dolphins were not still doing well but after two years I was getting a bit bored with them. They pay out well but some of the other fish are much prettier and more interesting.
Good luck with your tank whatever you decide.  

David2074

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Blood Maverick

Beloved Fisher

22,075 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Signature Look 250
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:59 pm
-stretches and purrs happily- BLOOD STILL HAS MERMAID BREEDERS TOO!!!  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff