Submit

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Raining cows and chickens? : o Why not cats and dogs?
((Corny jokes are good :3))

Lol xD Because it's one of the worst we've had in a while. Bad flooding in most places, so cats and dogs really are an understatement. sweatdrop

((Alrighty then! Reine Fletcher Inc. now serves popcorn xD))

o.o ((Sentence ender alert.))
Random new topic: I'm very creative with food. One time I was at a friend's house and we were eating popcorn with pepper in it and it was so hot and we literally had a coughing fest.
And one time I put pepper in my tea and I started to sneeze a lot!

((What "sentence ender alert"?))

Pepper flavored popcorn? Brilliant! That's something to try--though, did you add the pepper or was it with the popcorn already?

...And...why? On...tea? Lol?

((An ending statement is an ending convo. Sometimes you might want to follow up with another random starter, or else you guys will just there in polite awkward silence. Which is not a dialogue. :c))
We put the pepper in the popcorn. Just try not to put too much and don't Hubble down your popcorn. XD
I don't know why I put pepper in tea. I was just being creative, I guess. I also put barbecue sauce on my waffles. : D  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:38 pm
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy

Lol xD Because it's one of the worst we've had in a while. Bad flooding in most places, so cats and dogs really are an understatement. sweatdrop

Random new topic: I'm very creative with food. One time I was at a friend's house and we were eating popcorn with pepper in it and it was so hot and we literally had a coughing fest.

Pepper flavored popcorn? Brilliant! That's something to try--though, did you add the pepper or was it with the popcorn already?

((An ending statement is an ending convo. Sometimes you might want to follow up with another random starter, or else you guys will just there in polite awkward silence. Which is not a dialogue. :c))
We put the pepper in the popcorn. Just try not to put too much and don't Hubble down your popcorn. XD
I don't know why I put pepper in tea. I was just being creative, I guess. I also put barbecue sauce on my waffles. : D

((I dread those things. crying ))

Hubble hubble hubble gobble gobble (yum)!

At least it's...still edible. And barbecue sauce waffles...do sound enticing. xD I remember someone telling me he's tried to eat laundry detergent on a dare. Eeeep. eek  

Reine Fletcher

Rainbow Pirate

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy

At least it's...still edible. And barbecue sauce waffles...do sound enticing. xD I remember someone telling me he's tried to eat laundry detergent on a dare. Eeeep. eek

I'd eat laundry detergent.
((Random statement for you to ask why? So the convo can keep going.))

And I drank milk, sugar and vanilla essence today and it was so delicious!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 am
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy

((Okay: ))
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? *dramatic flailing*

Sounds awesome! xD
That must be as cool as Butterbeer (from Harry Potter -- HP fan here. biggrin )
((Random info share?))  

Reine Fletcher

Rainbow Pirate

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 am
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy
Reine Fletcher
Radiant Mercy

((Okay: ))
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy? *dramatic flailing*

Sounds awesome! xD
That must be as cool as Butterbeer (from Harry Potter -- HP fan here. biggrin )
((Random info share?))

Because it might taste yummy and soapy. c:
And then maybe I could live off of it!
I've always wanted to have butterbeer! ((Read all the books, saw all the movies, and I still stalk the wiki sometimes. : D))
I wonder if there is a recipe out there....

((Read all the books, saw all the movies, and I still stalk the wiki sometimes. : D
And you did good. You rounded up with the "Sounds Awesome!" And moved onto Butterbeer. -high fives-))

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:38 am
You're going to be okay. smile

Try starting a conversation with someone you don't know and probably won't see again, like at a bus stop. Or in the checkout line. Notice something different about them, and comment in a positive way.

"Hey, is that your baby? She's really cute."
"Your tattoos are cool. I love dragons."
"That's a nice bag. Where did you get it?"

That sort of thing. If you go back and forth a couple times, and they drop the conversation, leave it. But if they seem to want to talk, there you go!

Topics to avoid: politics, religion, gun control, congratulating an overweight woman on her pregnancy. (As an overweight woman who is not pregnant, nor ever likely to be, I would probably just laugh, but you never know how people are going to react. wink )

I have occasionally had nice conversations about politics or religion with cab drivers, but only after they state their preference, so I don't misstep and offend them. If you don't agree with them, just nod, and say, "Wow!" or "Huh", things like that. Try to steer the conversation over to a safer topic if you can.

Man, I wish I knew this stuff when I was in high school. I might have had more friends! I was like the Winona Ryder character from Beetlejuice, just not actually cool. redface  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

Reine Fletcher

Rainbow Pirate

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:37 am
the mage-girl
You're going to be okay. smile

Try starting a conversation with someone you don't know and probably won't see again, like at a bus stop. Or in the checkout line. Notice something different about them, and comment in a positive way.

"Hey, is that your baby? She's really cute."
"Your tattoos are cool. I love dragons."
"That's a nice bag. Where did you get it?"

That sort of thing. If you go back and forth a couple times, and they drop the conversation, leave it. But if they seem to want to talk, there you go!

Topics to avoid: politics, religion, gun control, congratulating an overweight woman on her pregnancy. (As an overweight woman who is not pregnant, nor ever likely to be, I would probably just laugh, but you never know how people are going to react. wink )

I have occasionally had nice conversations about politics or religion with cab drivers, but only after they state their preference, so I don't misstep and offend them. If you don't agree with them, just nod, and say, "Wow!" or "Huh", things like that. Try to steer the conversation over to a safer topic if you can.

Man, I wish I knew this stuff when I was in high school. I might have had more friends! I was like the Winona Ryder character from Beetlejuice, just not actually cool. redface

(Late reply is late... Sorry. sweatdrop )
I've tried that before, with a friend of a friend. It went sort of "okay", though still awkward.

Lately I've been reporting to my thesis adviser weekly and all that talking has me stuttering every now and then, and I have to huff and tell myself, "Okay, just relax." After a few meetings it has gotten a little easier. It may not sound like a big deal, but it's a step... xD

That being said, trying it out with (real) strangers might be a good exercise.

----~o0O0o~----

My boyfriend is my most honest and also my harshest tutor for this. This is what he told me recently:

"Don't answer in a weak way, things like 'Mm-hmm' and 'okay'. Say "yes" and ask questions. Be 'strong' [I think he means confident]. If you're weak, people will think you don't care, even if you do."

The reality of that statement just hit me like wow. It made me think that's probably why people don't linger around me, because I behave so "weakly". I hated him for saying it, but then again, he wanted to change something I hated in myself anyway.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff