21,490 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:12 pm
[troll image here]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:12 pm
Your name is PHILIA SOMNUM.

You love to WRITE. It is your DREAM, your PASSION. Unfortunately, you are EASILY DISTRACTED by all those NOVELS lying around your abode. You love to READ, sometimes a bit TOO MUCH. Your favorite novels are ONES WITH PLOT. You also love ACTION/ADVENTURE, but your absolute favorites are FANTASY or SCIENCE FICTION, as well as OLD FAIRY TALES. You have read ROMANCE novels before, but tend not to like them unless they have plot in them. Most times, they are just SMUT WITH MORE SMUT. You do not find any reason in reading a smut novel without plot.

Scattered around your room are MY LITTLE HOOFBEASTS. You love to play with them, and sometimes you love to MAKE STORIES with them. You have seen MUSCLED HOOFBEASTS, but they DO NOT IMPRESS you. In fact, you find them kind of GROSS. You like the CUTESY ones more, and the fact that you can BRUSH THEIR MANES and STYLE THEM however you like!

When you are not playing with your HOOFBEASTS, you are drinking TEA. You love tea, and MAKE IT A HABIT to try whatever kind you can GET YOUR HANDS ON. Tea is a NECESSITY, and you find yourself going into WITHDRAWALS when you don't have it. You don't like yourself when you get WHINY, so tea is a MUST. If there is no tea around, you will settle for COFFEE. You like coffee as well, but tea is by far the BETTER ALTERNATIVE.

You like to think that you HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS. In reality, you have your HEAD IN THE CLOUDS. You believe that there is GOOD IN EVERYONE, and you are nice to everyone even if they are MEAN to you. Most of the time your head is in the clouds so much that you don't even NOTICE when someone MOCKS YOU or makes fun of you in THEIR JOKES. In fact, you've daydreamed so much that you want to make STORIES of your friends like the GREAT HEROES in the books you've read.

You always try to BE THERE for your friends. You even go so far as to GIVE THEM ADVICE, though the only source you have are the NOVELS YOU'VE READ, so your advice is a BIT OUTDATED and OLD-FASHIONED.

Your lusus is an ALLIGATOR mixed with a HORNED GOAT. You like to call him Allidad, because he is JUST SO CUTE.

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 pm
Name: Philia Somnum (Greek: Love; Latin: Daydream)

Blood colour: Pigment Green ██████

Symbol: Simplistic teacup outline.

Personality: Philia is a happy-go-lucky troll, who likes to see the good in everyone. She is an avid reader, even going so far as to want to write on her own and put her friends into stories just like the heroes in the books she reads. One could go so far as to say fangirl, but that term doesn't really apply to Philia as she's more interested in making her own written world than adding to one that's already existing.

Her favorite books are fantasy, science fiction, and old fashioned fairy tales. She hates romance novels because most of them do not have plot, and makes her lose interest easily.

She loves My Little Hoofbeasts, and has an entire collection of them that she likes to play and create stories with. In fact, if one were to visit her, they'd see a whole array of them lined along a shelf, just staring at you with those lifeless eyes. Creepy.

Strengths:
gaia_star Always there for her friends. Philia always tries to be there whether her friends are having problems, or just try to help by being a "therapist" of sorts. Even if she has outdated or old fashioned advice to give, her help is genuine, even if it isn't entirely plausible.
gaia_star Tries to see good in everyone/gives everyone a chance. Even if the person is mean to her, Philia just chalks it up to them having a bad day, a bad moment, perhaps they haven't ate, etc. It would take a LOT for her to write someone off, such as if they attempted to kill her (even then she might think she said something wrong, DEPENDING on the circumstances), but for the most part she'll just assume they're a little bit off.
gaia_star ???
gaia_star ???
Flaws:
gaia_nitemareright Daydreams a lot and loses track of time. This is a major flaw of Philia's. This happens a lot when she tries to solve her friends' problems, and ends up going on a tangent on how they can fix their problems by doing a long quest of some sort, which then ends up to her talking about her favorite book at the time, and how her friends are like certain heroes of her books. Of course, she never really compares her friends to the heroes, but cites certain strengths and flaws that they have and how they could possibly fix those. Wait, I'm sorry... what was the question again?
gaia_nitemareright Becomes whiny with lack of tea/coffee. Philia is used to having her daily caffeine mix, about on par with Gamzee's Faygo addiction. The more she goes without it, the less happy she gets and the more whiny/depressed she becomes. With tea/coffee, her attitude is normally chipper.
gaia_nitemareright ???
gaia_nitemareright ???

Weapon: Romance Novel named "Rough Twilight". What better use for a romance novel than to whack people with it? [Note: The words are combined from the novels Rough and Ready, and the ever popular Twilight.]

Appearance: For Philia I'm wanting to lean towards something "bookworm"ish. Glasses, frumpy sweater, white hot and nerdy? She also wears square glasses that have a red frame.

Home: Suburb

Lusus: An alligator/red panda mix.

Power: None.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 pm
and an extra just in case!  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:52 pm
ok uh you really didn't have to set up a new quest thread, as a matter of fact we prefer if people keep their troll in the same thread so we don't have to retype crits and stuff like that ~ w ~;; please try and stick to the same thread from now on! also

i really think you should look through some accepted quests too see the amount of detail we are looking for. (some quests obviously have far more than others, but we are looking for at least three sentences minimum to describe each strength/flaw, why she has it, how it affects her, etc)

you seem to have all her information written out in the blurb, but that's not what i'm looking at when i review her quest, i look at the form, as it's laid out easily to read. @_@;;;

i really like what i see so far, you just need to take a look around at other quests and understand what we are looking for in terms of organization!

also i can't accept a quest if you don't have all the sections filled out. she needs to have a weapon before i can begin to consider her finished.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:29 pm
I was actually hoping I could get some help with choosing the weapon. And the ONLY reason I started a new thread was that people posted before the thread was ready ~_~ I did not get a chance to save the posts I wanted, sorry!

I will edit more info in later. :3 thank you  

Kanth

Fallen Galaxy

21,490 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:54 am
hai hai!

philia is solid with what you've got so far, i don't see anything that contradicts or seems out of place. there are two things that i don't see though, that really add a lot of detail and fleshing out to a troll. one, what is her relationship with her lusus/the personality of her lusus? as a child, they play a big part in their life, so it's important to think of how they have raised and shaped their charge. secondly, hemospectrum! what does she think of the traditional caste for trolls (where you are in the social structure is based on your blood colour)? this is also important as it gives people a rough idea of how she will treat their troll at first, based on their blood colour alone.

finally, her second flaw seems a little .... heavily situational. she has a daily caffeine fix, so it's daily. we're looking for things that are active all the time, and don't depend on the troll being placed in a certain situation to show. if you're struggling for one and would like some help, let me know and i can try and brainstorm with you smile  
Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games