Submit

Alice WR Ashdown

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 am
Last night, my sister and I had the worst night of our lives: My mum told us that my dad wants to leave us. My sister is 14, and she ended up breaking down. I however, am just under 18, but I didn't really cry. I just ended up just walking away and going into my room after my mum told me. I don't know why, but it was just my reaction to the situation.

My mum then went on to tell me that I was the one who ruined the family and that I was to blame, even though she admitted that the love ended years ago. My dad took my sister outside and apologized for everything, but just gave me a glare. He didn't even say apologize for his homophobia toward me or anything. All he said was that I better not post any more gay rights news/etc. in the GSA school group I'm in on Facebook. He told my mum that she was *cue swears here* for turning his daughter (me) against him, but it didn't matter because he doesn't need the approval of someone he doesn't love. No-one turned me against him- that was his own doing after becoming instantly cold toward me after I came out.

Then, later last night, my parents were acting normal again with each other, outside listening to the satellite radio. I thought everything was back to normal, until I woke up at 1 in the morning to the sound of them slamming doors and yelling about frigging cabbage rolls. I knew my sister was up, because I could see the glow of her portable DVD player. I wanted to go comfort her, but I knew if I got caught, I'd be yelled at.

I just don't know how the hell to react to this...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:07 am
I can't really sympathize much when it comes to the whole "parents splitting" thing. My mom has gone through three marriages already so it feels normal to me.

I do, however, feel bad that your mom is actually blaming you for her marriage ending. That & the way your father is acting towards you. You're their child & should be loved no matter what. & they need to be adult enough to keep their marital affairs between them damn selves.

I really hope your sister doesn't start acting badly towards you because of this.

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items