Can Someone Help Me With This?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:47 pm
      Okay, so I don't know why, but lately I've noticed I haven't been acting like myself.

For starters, I'm not a social person. Social interaction does not interest me, I have no desire for it, and it tends to exhaust me when I talk to someone for a bit. I prefer to stay in my room most of the time. I'm not socially awkward, and I can talk to someone without doing outside of what society deems social norms (unless i'm tired, then it's a whole other story). I like things that I can do on my own, like swimming, reading, drawing, writing, all that good stuff. I have a short temper, but I'm usually able to keep it under control.

Lately, though, something's been off. I've been having trouble getting to sleep, and I stay up to around 5:40 a.m. most nights, if not six; and i'm getting up later because of that (around 3:30 most days if i'm not woken up). My temper's gotten shorter (if that's even possible), so I snap at things that normally wouldn't tick me off- such as the fact that I'm ignored a lot. I tend to feel angrier a lot (to the point of me wanting to shout at something when I have nothing to be angry about at the moment), and I'm more apologetic, along with being quieter. And I've started to feel more upset and sad a lot of the time, although it comes around separately most of the time. I'm also getting more death and suicide related thoughts again, and they haven't been around since i transferred schools a year and a half ago.

I don't know if this has something to do with the fact that I'm getting to bed later, or something completely different. I'm reluctant to talk to someone about this because my dad already took me because he thought i might be bipolar (due to a voice in the back of my head which starts chattering away when i'm under extreme -and i mean to the point of meltdowns extreme- stress), and i don't want to seem like i'm begging for attention.

I don't know if this might help or not, but when I was younger (elementary school age), i was put on zoloft for two years, i'm assuming for anxiety. i've also been diagnosed with a neurological disorder, but if anything it just affects the way i think.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 pm
it is possible that some of that is linked to your changing sleep pattern. when people have to adjust to it they can feel short tempered, more tired, anything like that. if you're having the suicidal thoughts though i would go and talk to someone about it, even the family doctor, just because they can lead to something worse if they contine or get even worse. let your parent, or guardien, know what's going on and ask them if you can get an appointment to see the doctor. if you can, tell the doctor everything that's going on. that you're sleeping pattern has changed, the being angered easily, the death/suicidal thoughts, all of it, that way they can try and help you to the best of their abilities. and yes, zoloft can help anxiety as well as depression though i don't know how often it's prescribed to people in elementary age. as for a neurological disorder, i don't know how much of an effect that could have on all of this but that could also be possible.

whatever it is exactly that's happening, i do hope that you get it figured out and that it gets better for you  

StrayKit

Poke Duckie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:16 pm
StrayKit
it is possible that some of that is linked to your changing sleep pattern. when people have to adjust to it they can feel short tempered, more tired, anything like that. if you're having the suicidal thoughts though i would go and talk to someone about it, even the family doctor, just because they can lead to something worse if they contine or get even worse. let your parent, or guardien, know what's going on and ask them if you can get an appointment to see the doctor. if you can, tell the doctor everything that's going on. that you're sleeping pattern has changed, the being angered easily, the death/suicidal thoughts, all of it, that way they can try and help you to the best of their abilities. and yes, zoloft can help anxiety as well as depression though i don't know how often it's prescribed to people in elementary age. as for a neurological disorder, i don't know how much of an effect that could have on all of this but that could also be possible.

whatever it is exactly that's happening, i do hope that you get it figured out and that it gets better for you

This pretty much sums up what I was gonna say but I'll add a few things too. Why not try going to bed earlier and see if you wake up in the morning feeling any better. Also, has anything changed recently between friends, family, school, diet, ect. that has been bothering you. I know when I worry about something it effects my mood, my sleep, and my body health.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:58 am
You could have anxiety. You could be bipolar. It is hard for a non-doctor-type person to tell. Heck, even doctors can take awhile to figure it out (speaking from experience here; first I was considered depressed then bipolar and now we may be back to depressed again).

If the changes in your feelings and personality are damaging your relationships, or threatening your work or school, you owe it to yourself to talk to a doctor. The right doctor can help you sort out whether your sleep is affecting your feelings, or the other way around.

Good luck getting through this, and keep us posted.  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

BellaRose2011

Friendly Regular

20,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:09 pm
Dancehall Hysteria
      Okay, so I don't know why, but lately I've noticed I haven't been acting like myself.

For starters, I'm not a social person. Social interaction does not interest me, I have no desire for it, and it tends to exhaust me when I talk to someone for a bit. I prefer to stay in my room most of the time. I'm not socially awkward, and I can talk to someone without doing outside of what society deems social norms (unless i'm tired, then it's a whole other story). I like things that I can do on my own, like swimming, reading, drawing, writing, all that good stuff. I have a short temper, but I'm usually able to keep it under control.

Lately, though, something's been off. I've been having trouble getting to sleep, and I stay up to around 5:40 a.m. most nights, if not six; and i'm getting up later because of that (around 3:30 most days if i'm not woken up). My temper's gotten shorter (if that's even possible), so I snap at things that normally wouldn't tick me off- such as the fact that I'm ignored a lot. I tend to feel angrier a lot (to the point of me wanting to shout at something when I have nothing to be angry about at the moment), and I'm more apologetic, along with being quieter. And I've started to feel more upset and sad a lot of the time, although it comes around separately most of the time. I'm also getting more death and suicide related thoughts again, and they haven't been around since i transferred schools a year and a half ago.

I don't know if this has something to do with the fact that I'm getting to bed later, or something completely different. I'm reluctant to talk to someone about this because my dad already took me because he thought i might be bipolar (due to a voice in the back of my head which starts chattering away when i'm under extreme -and i mean to the point of meltdowns extreme- stress), and i don't want to seem like i'm begging for attention.

I don't know if this might help or not, but when I was younger (elementary school age), i was put on zoloft for two years, i'm assuming for anxiety. i've also been diagnosed with a neurological disorder, but if anything it just affects the way i think.

Your sleeping pattern isn't helping things at all. You need to try to set up a routine to where you go to bed earlier & get a full 8 hours of sleep. When you don't get the proper amounts of sleep, your thought process is affected, which is probably causing a lot of the thoughts & problems that you're experiencing now.

The best advice that I could give to you is to go see a doctor (psychologist or whatever) that way they can steer you on the right path that you need to be on. Also, I'd go see your neurologist just to double check that your neurological disorder isn't getting worse, cause that may be the thing that's causing everything else to go haywire  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 pm
BellaRose2011
Dancehall Hysteria

Your sleeping pattern isn't helping things at all. You need to try to set up a routine to where you go to bed earlier & get a full 8 hours of sleep. When you don't get the proper amounts of sleep, your thought process is affected, which is probably causing a lot of the thoughts & problems that you're experiencing now.

The best advice that I could give to you is to go see a doctor (psychologist or whatever) that way they can steer you on the right path that you need to be on. Also, I'd go see your neurologist just to double check that your neurological disorder isn't getting worse, cause that may be the thing that's causing everything else to go haywire

i actually need around 12 hours of sleep to function. ^^;
      i don't have a neurologist...
      and my neurological disorder doesn't fluctuate or anything- it stays put, really.

thanks for the advice!

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas