Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 27. ✿ - - - Girls
I don't know what to do about my friend.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JBCBlank

Beloved Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Voter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:51 pm
So I met this girl online like... 4 years ago. I became good friends with her but now I hate her.
She's annoying, she's repetitive, she's always depressed, always bringing me down, she curses a lot. And she jumps on me when i get online and won't stop talking.
I rp with her sometimes but it's always the same RP and all of her characters are SO annoying.

The thing is, she has many, MANY 'mental illnesses' (that's what she says) and she is on a lot of medications, she's like... got anziety.. ADD and who knows what else. and to top it off her uncle just died, and her mother is a b***h and her sister is a b***h so...

what do I do?
Do I just keep ignoring her IMs and pretending i"m not online, or should I do something?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm
In my opinion, the noble thing would be to confront her about it. If you don't she's just going to do it to another person and the pattern will repeat itself.
Just write her a long message telling her how you feel and see how she reacts. Depending on her reaction whether it is a polite and understanding response, stay friends.
If she acts immature and brings up her issues as an excuse, then obviously she won't ever change and you need to decide if you can live with that.
But hey, that's what I have done in the past it and the way someone reacts after being confronted says a lot about them as a person.

Clasela
Crew

Rooney Faire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 am
Oh, I know exactly what youre going through!

What I think is a good idea is to slowly become less responsive, stop RPing her as much and slowly stop socializing with her. Let the friendship just fade away, you know? It's best not to keep stringing her along and pretty t be her friend when you just don't like her. It's probably the nicest thing you can do.

But if you just want to end it, or try to change her Clasela has some good advice as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:18 pm
Couple events like this happened to me a while back. Rooney's advice she gave is similar what I did to avoid the person by slowly being less responsive on her. Clasela's advice is great too; I tried that after a while after "ignoring" the person over time. Thing is, the person reacted very immaturely and decided to delete, block me and all that stuff.  

Frisia

Tipsy Sweetheart

8,600 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items