Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Kick them while they're down (Candace/Shun) FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Blade Kuroda rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:52 am
He was tired. Very tired. Days of fighting while not letting oneself rest was not something that the body could take all too well. Shun didn't really care though. He was trying to find a way to the island. Right now the only way he knew was with those pendants the hunters used. He knew the code word, it was a matter of acquiring one. Then from there, he needed a plan on how he was going to get Mitsu back exactly.

He didn't know what that was, but he was determined to do it anyway. In a way, he was also trying to find Candace.. so that he might have the chance to slit her throat himself. He should have done it days ago.

Quote:
Rolling a 2: STUDENTS/ HUNTERS DO NOT TAKE RECOIL DAMAGE FROM ANY ATTACKS.

Eight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 am
Candace wasn't on the search for anyone in particular this time. Routine Haunted House patrol, that was strictly what this was. Just because she had a pretty little guest didn't mean she could skip out on duties! Though she'd much rather be back at the Isle trying to convince Mitsu that it was okay, that her staying on the island and becoming a weapon was the right thing to do.

It was going to take time..

She was wandering aimlessly, seemingly off guard. Her hands were in her pockets, no sign anywhere of her weapon. Her pendant was nowhere to be seen, and except for the hunter coat and the several pouches around her waist and strapped to one thigh, she could have appeared as just a random human who had stumbled upon the house. Candace wasn't at all surprised to see the reaper boy as she entered the next room, however. She stopped, brow arched and head tilted to one side.

"..You look like s**t." Candace began conversationally. She didn't look smug, but she didn't look annoyed or cheerful either. She kept her expression a very practiced level of neutral and uninterested, as if she was simply bored.

Blade Kuroda

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 4 Total: 12 (2-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 am
Shun turned as he heard a voice. One that sparked a bit of rage within him. Staring down at the hunter who was currently without a summoned weapon, he gripped onto his own daggers tightly as he faced her.

"And so will you once I'm through with you," he hissed before attacking immediately by throwing one of his daggers at her. He was in no mood for bantering. Even then, he wasn't really one to do much talking during a fight in the first place. And seeing how this hunter was the one responsible for taking away Mitsu?

Attack on sight. No questions asked.

HP: 30
Damage: 6

Quote:
Class Buff: Take the Initiative!
Professor Brittel's rousing enthusiasm has an inspiring effect on some students, and an increased awareness in their surroundings allows them to get the jump on opponents. For the next two weeks, students with the class buff automatically get the intiative in battles. (If both battlers have the buff, they cancel each other out ok.)

Eight rolled 2 12-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:35 am
"So angry." Candace chuckled, gasping and raising her arms to take the brunt of the hit when he came at her faster than she could react. In a bright flash of purple light her weapon appeared, her leg coming up with a bladed knee going straight into his abdomen with him close enough to her. She kicked him away, eyes narrowed. "I really don't think now is the best time to be fighting a hunter, little boy."

HP: 54/60
Damage done: 5
Charge: 1/3; 0/3 spent

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Blade Kuroda rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 5 Total: 18 (3-30)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 am
Shun grunted as he was kneed away from her, clutching his gut for a moment before summoning his weapons back to his hands.

"I could care less," he hissed while crouching down.

"I'm not stopping until I get her back," he murmured before rushing in back at her. Coming up close, he slashed up at her torso.

HP: 25
Damage: 7
Dodge: Fail

Quote:
Beginner Dodge:
Battle Effect: Once per battle, roll three of your normal attack dice instead of two. (If you're Y3, that means roll 3d10). The first two dice are your normal attack roll. If the third dice is even, your opponent's modifier is raised to -8 on their next turn. (If fighting a Horseman, the modifier goes from -8 to -9. If fighting a Protector, this effect is invalid.) If the third dice is odd, nothing happens. If the third dice is odd, nothing happens.
Non-battle Effect: Your character is now one step closer to zen-like sensory function. And they're, you know. Good at dodging.

Eight rolled 2 12-sided dice: 12, 9 Total: 21 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:12 am
Candace rolled her eyes and made a mocking 'blahblahblah' motion with her hand. "How noble. A teenager saying he doesn't care." Clearly she wasn't impressed by his behavior. To Candace they were children. Children who didn't get it. She did high school. It sucked. Teenagers were obnoxious, annoying, rude and melodramatic. To her, Shun was showing every cliche in the book. Serious about a relationship in high school that probably wouldn't last a week past graduation, threatening revenge on a grown woman who clearly outmatched him, being all around dramatic.

She was a little bored.

"You won't be getting her back.." She grinned then, wincing as her side was slashed. She grabbed the boy's arm and put her weight into one heel, turning her body and bringing him along with her to throw the weakened reaper into the wall. "But," Candace jumped and spun, slashing across his middle with one of her boots and then stabbing into his side a moment with the talon'd heel of the other boot. She caught herself on one foot and roughly tore the talon away from Shun. "Maybe if you play your cards right," Candace continued her movement, an elbow coming around to give him a sharp jab in his side before she backed away.

"You'll get to see her again."

HP: 47/60
Damage done: 15
Charge: 2/3; 0/3 spent

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Blade Kuroda rolled 11 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 1, 3, 2, 3, 4 Total: 31 (11-44)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 am
Shun's blood sprayed across the ground thanks to the blades covering Candace's boots. He was tired, and he had trouble following what had just happened to him. Then again, getting thrown into the wall had stunned him for the moment, which certainly didn't help with that.

Slowly, he pushed himself back to his feet, grimacing as his vision blurred briefly. He was forced to lean against the wall for a little support for a few moments as he stared at the Hunter. Everything was hurting, but he didn't want to stop fighting just yet. A little unsteadily, he took a step forward.

"..See her?" he murmured with uncertainty. He had an idea of what she might have meant, and the implication only served to anger him further.

"That part, you have right," he hissed before tapping into his Fear to perform a move Candace would likely be familiar with. However, given his current condition, he wasn't able to be quite as precise as he was the last time he had done it. When he finished lashing out at her over and over again while shadow stepping, he appeared several feet back, gritting his teeth as all the movement did not agree with his body right now.

HP: 10
Damage: 14  
Eight rolled 2 12-sided dice: 8, 7 Total: 15 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:06 am
Candace took the attack with raised arms to cover her head, wincing and hissing as the blades hit her. She ducked and dodged as much as she could to try and lessen the blows, finally jumping back as Shun moved away from her. Candace didn't look bored anymore, if anything she looked annoyed.

She stalked up to the boy and grabbed him by the throat, shoving him hard against the wall again, fingers grasping tightly. "I'm treating her like a ******** princess. You should be happy that I'm not torturing her as some of my peers would be very happy to do." Her nails bit into his skin, her eyes narrowed and her lips were pulled down into a dark frown. "This is what happens when you kill a hunter. You take one of ours, we take one of yours." She shoved at him again, gripping tightly still. "Stupid child."

HP: 33/60
Damage done: 9
Charge: 3/3; 0/3 spent

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 pm
Shun let out a sort of strangled noise as he was pretty much slammed into the wall by the throat. He grimaced as he was trying to pull his wits back together but things were starting to get a little hazy for him.

"Said hunter had taken things from us too. Crippling some, and kidnapping others," he managed to get out before needing to take in a breath. It wasn't easy talking with her hand at this throat, but he did what he could to stare right into her eyes.

"Vicious cycle... isn't it?" he added before making a weak jab at her rib cage. He lost a lot of steam at this point, and the fact that his air supply was now cut off, he was weakening even more quickly.

HP: 1
Damage: 2  
Eight rolled 2 12-sided dice: 11, 1 Total: 12 (2-24)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:00 pm
Candace had to think back. "...We haven't taken anyone in at least a year until now." She obviously didn't buy it. "I know what Division he was in, and I know what their duties are. Tell me, did he do those things before or after you attacked him?"

He got her in the ribs and she winced, throwing him to the side. Candace didn't waste time in putting her weight into one leg, kicking back the other and then bringing it forward. She was trying to kick him across the room now.

HP: 31/60
Damage done: 6 (Shaving off 1 damage to leave him conscious)
Charge: 3/3; 0/3 spent.

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:44 pm
"Don't know much about what goes on with your own faction do you?" Shun said before falling to the ground as she threw him over. While he was trying to get back to his feet, he felt a sharp pain in his side as she kicked him incredibly hard. Grunting, he did fly back several feet, where he laid on the ground in pain. Grimacing, he felt his vision start to go out, but he was fighting against blacking out here.

No. He couldn't go down yet. He slowly rolled over and tried to get up. It wasn't going to well. He was hurting. And he was definitely bleeding again. While he was trying to do this, he coughed a little violently, seeing specks of blood come out as a result.

"S..saw him take two myself... " he said, sounding weaker than when he last spoke, "Those mind control pendants and everything... also wanted a horseman.. Making deals. ******** like you'd care anyway."

He was on all fours now. The Reaper wanted to keep fighting.

HP: -4  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:14 pm
He wanted a horseman. Candace arched a brow at that and looked interested again. A horseman would be a fine catch indeed after everything they had gone through because of them...

"I see.." Candace watched him get up onto his hands and knees, sighing and rolling her eyes. She stepped closer, the sounds of Atropos' metallic tap tap tap against the floor as she walked the only sounds she made. Shun would soon feel the press of her boot as Candace lifted a leg and pushed down, an attempt to pin the boy to the floor with a shoe in his back. "Then perhaps I should have taken you instead, hmmm? Oh, no. I couldn't. You'd be too hard to convince. You're too smart. Too willful. Too strong." Candace put all of her weight into the foot on Shun's back.

"Stay down." She then fished her pendant out from where it had been tucked away in her scarf. "Well, it's been fun. But I should be going. I have some cuts to clean up and a pretty little lady waiting for me at home."  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:23 pm
It wasn't hard for Candace to basically squash Shun down. He barely had any strength left in him. As she put all her weight onto his back, he winced, weakly writhing from under her boot. Damn. She needed to lose some weight. Seriously. But that wasn't the point right now. Once more, he was powerless to make a difference here. Strength. He needed to be stronger. If he hadn't been so weak, maybe she wouldn't have been taken in the first place.

With what little he had left, he reached out to try and grab the foot that wasn't his back.

"I swear... I will get her back..." he hissed before wheezing a bit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm
Candace actually looked somewhat sympathetic as he said this. "You should stop telling yourself that. Because it just hurts that much more when you see someone else with the person you love..." Her voice was soft as she said this, her gaze on the pendant in her hand. It was for the best. She realized that now. She just wished she hadn't made such a fool of herself for all those months.

Candace kicked away the hand that was reaching for her, lifting her foot off Shun so as to remove all physical contact between the two of them and prevent any accidental guests. She stepped away a few feet, looked down at Shun one last time, and sighed. "It's for the best."

The trigger phrase was whispered and Candace vanished, returning to the isle and leaving Shun by himself in the room just as she had before.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:48 pm
What was with that tone just now? Shun couldn't see her face too well with the way he was laying, but there was something in what she said that felt a little different. It was almost... sincere? Perhaps? A very small part of him wondered if something had happened at some point in time regarding a... vaguely similar situation, but the rest of him didn't care.

When she got off of him, he remained laying on the ground for a little longer, hearing her parting words before she was gone once again.

For the best?

What did she know? The reaper's hands weakly balled up into fists. How was this for the best? No. He was going to keep on fighting until he could get her back. She was his fiance. Her well being mattered so much more to him than his own. Furthermore... this was all because of him? It seemed like one of his greater fears had come to light. People targeting her specifically just to get to him. He had warned her, and yet she remained at his side. Would she even still stay there after this? That part didn't matter to him yet. It was his incompetence that allowed her to be snatched away. And so he felt it was up to him to try and bring her home safely. At the very least, she deserved to be home, and not as some hunter's pet.  
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games