Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
FREAKING SHORTS, HELP.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Constant Munchies

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:46 pm
I'm freaking out because It's extremely hot but I have a minimim amount of shorts, everytime I wash or dry them, the end of them will fray, how can I prevent this?
Also, how can I stop my colored clothes from fading?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:56 pm
To be honest, I'm not too sure about how you can prevent your current sets of shorts from fraying. XD The only answer I have is to buy non-frayable shorts. I have a few myself that don't seem to get messed up in any way when I wash them. What kind of shorts do you have? Mine are jean shorts, running shorts, and cotton shorts. I hate to mention it, but were your shorts cheap? A lot of the time, I find that buying cheap clothing of any kind tends to fall apart quicker than expensive clothing, sad as it is...  

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Constant Munchies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:11 pm
No my shorts are denim, most of them I get from Guess or American Eagle and sometimes Buckle, it must be my dryer  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:54 am
If you're comfortable doing so, spritz them with hairspray. If not, take clear polish and put a small coating on the ends of the shorts- it's also great for stockings.  

Alice WR Ashdown

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:01 am
I asked my mother about this one. She asked if your shorts are cutoffs. I didn't know so I said "tell me about both."

Her answers:

For the cutoffs, if you have a sewing machine, or know someone who sews, stitch ribbon along the inside edge of the leg openings, one line of stitching on either edge if it's a wider ribbon, or a wide zigzag stitch for a narrower ribbon. That will stabilize the weave and keep them from fraying any further.

If they're not cutoffs, the hem stitching will keep them from fraying hhigher than the stitch line, but you can't really do anything about the lower edge itself if it's already worn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:52 pm
Gigi Deveraux
I asked my mother about this one. She asked if your shorts are cutoffs. I didn't know so I said "tell me about both."

Her answers:

For the cutoffs, if you have a sewing machine, or know someone who sews, stitch ribbon along the inside edge of the leg openings, one line of stitching on either edge if it's a wider ribbon, or a wide zigzag stitch for a narrower ribbon. That will stabilize the weave and keep them from fraying any further.

If they're not cutoffs, the hem stitching will keep them from fraying hhigher than the stitch line, but you can't really do anything about the lower edge itself if it's already worn.
That hidden ribbon thing is a good idea. o 0o I'll have to remember that one.

@OP: As for keeping colors from fading, washing in cold water instead of warm or hot can help keep colors brighter. Air drying also helps, if you've got the space for it.

Turning tshirts inside out when washing can help keep decals and such in better condition, and turning jeans inside out can help them keep some color. (Some jeans are loaded with dye when you first buy them and will turn things blue if you're not careful about what you wash them with, so sometimes I'll wash old jeans with the new, in hopes that some of the blue will seep into the faded pairs. XD )  

Hazelaar

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items