I don't know anymore...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithium Legend

Dapper Duelist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 am
I know I need help, like a therapist or something. But I don't really want help.. And if I told my parents, they would only laugh in my face. I have PTSD and its really starting to bug me to the point where I absolutely despise being touched by my mother or having her touch my things. I feel so hated and useless and I feel like I'm not allowed to be myself. I'm often asked by my mom and dad why I don't talk to them often, and it's because of that very reason. Sometimes I feel that everyone would be better off if I was gone.

And you know what? It hurts. A lot.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say right now. I just don't know anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:56 am
User Image

But it seems like they care if they want you to talk to them, I'm pretty sure if they hated you then they wouldn't wonder or ask why you never open up to them. But now that I think about it I am the same with my parents too. If you want though, you can always talk to me, I don't think I'll be much help with advice but I can listen. smile

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

lucystar

10,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 am
I can't tell you what to do but I do believe you should talk to them about whats affecting you. Maybe they wont laugh at you like you say they would. It seems to me they are trying to reach for you, so maybe you should try reaching back.

I have learned through out my life that sometimes we get to have misconceptions on how our parents feel for us, or would react in certain situations. Maybe they do care a great deal about you but at this moment in time u confused and don't feel like they would care about the situation you living.

I hope you feel better soon and if you seem like reaching out to someone else who is not them, then do so sometimes people we don't know are the ones that help us the most.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:49 am
Do you have a close relative or family friend that can sit down with you and your mom or parents and help you talk things out?

Try to approach things like, "When you guys do/say this, this is how I feel." Try not to be accusatory. They may not realize they are triggering you.

It's possible there's a misunderstanding going on, and if you're a teen, your hormones are not helping. Hey, I'm a bit older and I know my own hormones are a pain in the a** sometimes. wink

Good luck, and keep us posted!  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 am
I doubt they'd laugh. They might be confused, or surprised, or just ignorant towards the situation, but you can't expect them to know everything.
Educate them on what's wrong.
And, if they didn't care about you, they wouldn't ask you constantly what's wrong. They would just not say anything about you.

Keep up posted doll emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:53 pm
I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain. I don't know what caused you to have PTSD, but the mere fact that you suffer from it is terrible. Your parents are your parents, and it's worth a try telling them. I suffer from depression and sympathize with your pain. Closing yourself off from them is a defense mechanism. It DOES hurt a lot. I'm not sure what else to say. If you're still in school, try going to a guidance counselor. I know most people say they don't help at all but you maybe lucky and have someone who can help or at least bring it to the attention of your parents. You may not want help, but you admitted to knowing you need it. Maybe not help, but someone to confide in would be worth trying to find.

Hino Kahako

Mistress of The Fae

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items