Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Friends?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:11 pm
I had a terrible dream last night, and most of who I consider a good friend were in it. In my dream, my friends and I were at this movie marathon event. I had gone to the bathroom alone and when I came back, all my friends were gone. I asked around if anyone had seen my friends, but they all shook their heads. I tried texting them, but I got no reply. The dream skipped on to hours later when I found myself in the middle of the night at Meijer. I got a response back from one of my friends explaining why they left me. They said that they hated my attitude and that I was a fake and such. I woke up feeling alone and insecure. I don't know what my dream means. Do some of my friends feel this way about me? Am I just being paranoid? I don't know, but all I can say is that I am quite disturbed today.

If any of you have any advice, please let me know. I just don't know if I should ignore the dream, or if it means something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:21 pm
It was a dream, I'm sure your friends don't really feel like that. Its probably caused by subconscious doubts about yourself. Don't worry we all feel like this sometimes, its totally normal. Your dream was was just magnifying little things you think about yourself.
I would totally ignore it 4laugh Unless you start having recurring dreams like it, i would consider it just a random thing and nothing at all to do with how your friends really feel about you.
heart

p.s. I kinda love your sig pic eek  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:05 pm
I do agree with The Fairy Princess - I believe that dreams are dreams and don't necessarily mean anything.
Well...I think they can be a reflection of what might bother us in our subconscious mind, but I don't think dreams are entirely literal. Your dream might have been the result of a conscious or subconscious fear that your friends really don't like you. I don't know your friends, but I'm sure that's not true.
Maybe, if it continues to bother you, you could bring it up to them and ask them? I'm not sure if that's good advice, but I'd like to think that any really good, understanding friend would be sympathetic and try their best to ease your fears about a dream you had. I know if I had a friend who told me she dreamed that I rejected them, I'd do my best to assure her that I valued her and that her dream didn't mean anything.
Dreams can be pretty disturbing, but even really disturbing ones I tend to ignore because they're nothing more than thoughts/images we see when we sleep, and chances are, they have very little foundation.
Even if dreams do mean something - and sometimes they do - it seems never to be literal. So, while your dream certainly could have had some meaning to it, I don't think it was literally that your friends think that of you. It could more likely mean that you're simply afraid of what your friends think, or who knows what else.
Either way, try not to let it get to you. =)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:14 pm
Thanks for your comments. I am feeling much better after a long day at work. The busy Sunday rush kept my thoughts from lingering upon the dream for several hours. I can get paranoid easily, a trait I inherited from my mother. I have also been through a lot and I am not going to lie, I can be a bit overly dramatic, but I try not to be overbearing. I just like to vent and those who know me really well understand that most of what I complain about is legit.

I do have a lot of insecurities. I keep saying how I need to get back into counseling, but I have not yet picked up the phone to make an appointment. Two out of the four people in my dream I have not seen in a year, so I really miss them. We do not talk much either since we are all so busy, and that makes me nervous.

You are right; it's just a dream and probably means nothing. I have not had a dream like that and I am a believer of dreams having some meaning, so it really freaked me out. I did mention my dream on facebook and one of my friends who was in the dream, the friend who sent me the text explaining why I was ditched, messaged me and told me that she does not feel that way.

Tomorrow is a new day, so hopefully it will be much better.  

buckwolvhoosier

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:26 pm
From personal experience, dreams tend to be your subconscious thoughts coming to life. It shows you what your conscious mind usually refuses to see.

You can either ignore it.. or try to figure out what it means.
I tend to look up dream meanings if something really sticks out to me.

Keeping a dream journal works too..

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff