6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:34 pm
Sanguinary Master Race reporting in!

Dont tell me im the only one?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:48 am
I don't think we need a thread for each Space Marine legion out there, regardless of whether or not they get special treatment from GW with a codex of their own. If we did this, next thing you know a certain Imperial Guard player (You know who you are, you filthy Guardsman you!) will want to start one for both the Death Korps of Krieg and Elysian Drop Troops.

This might upset some people, but marines are marines, they wear power armour, they have bolters, they all have Land Raiders, so all discussion regarding this so-called shiny master race belongs in the main Space Marine thread found here.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 am
Lady Blodwynn
I don't think we need a thread for each Space Marine legion out there, regardless of whether or not they get special treatment from GW with a codex of their own. If we did this, next thing you know a certain Imperial Guard player (You know who you are, you filthy Guardsman you!) will want to start one for both the Death Korps of Krieg and Elysian Drop Troops.

This might upset some people, but marines are marines, they wear power armour, they have bolters, they all have Land Raiders, so all discussion regarding this so-called shiny master race belongs in the main Space Marine thread found here.
The idea was more to discuss the unique army list and tactics available, like being able to drop a landraider from space.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:05 am
I think that's what Blodwynn is hinting at, despite the special rules and flavours, at the end of the day they are still Space Marines. Black Templars, Dark Angels and Space Wolves all have their own special little quirks and codex, but are also folded into the Space Marine thread to keep the forums less cluttered and things a bit more compressed in one place.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to start an Elysian thread or two, but at the end of the day, they're still Imperial Guard, fancy pants drop trooper army list or not. Same with all the Space Marine variants really. Only exception are the Grey Knights, who fall outside the whole Space Marine umbrella with their ooh's and aah's.

Also, to be fair, I don't think we'll see an awful lot of Blood Angel specific chatter. The most I'm hearing about now is the Dark Angel discussion that's spread across several 6th edition threads. Must crack down on that.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:17 pm
Some space marines have beards, some are into bondage and some are so ripped that they even have abs on their knees! But at the end of the day, they are all still space marines. The other mods are pussies, so I'll go ahead and say it: I'm locking it because this could very easily go into the space marine thread.

Yes, I am a meanie. sweatdrop  
Guild Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff