Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Coming out to parents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alice Kensington

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:05 pm
So... I'm kind of bisexual. Weird right? Being brought up in an extremely conservative area of the U.S. Has made it pretty scary to tell anyone, even my parents (especially my parents). Maybe I should just disappear and start a new life elsewhere. At least, that's what I think sometimes... Who knows what sorts of reactions I might get out of them if/when I told them?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:42 pm
Firstly, being bi isn't weird. I'm sure a lot of the LGBT community has the same issue. There's no rule book on how to come out; too many factors involved. It's all on you and what you feel needs to be done.  

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Alice Kensington

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:46 pm
I understand that it isn't all that strange in this day and age, but where I live, people still consider it to be some sort of evil... something  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:53 pm
Unfortunately disappearing isn't really an option. Is the community very religious etc?? Do you think you'd be in physical danger if you ever had a girlfriend?? Unless theres a serious risk to your body i wouldn't worry about what a conservative community thinks of you, once your older you can move somewhere more excepting and look back on their disapproval and know that you were right to be your self. 3nodding Have you told anyone? I think it would be a good idea to come out to a few people first to test the reaction. You will have to tell your parents at some point, The sooner you get it out the way the sooner they'll start to deal and accept it. Any disapproval/anger they have initially will fade over time, i know its scary, but your their daughter and they won't want to miss out on knowing you and being in your life over something so silly. And if they never except you then you can make a new family with friends who except you as you are heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:57 pm
Mr NeverSmiles

First of all: Mr Never Smiles: Are you a female using a male's avvie? Because this guild is strictly only for girls.

@Alice Kensington: And so what if you are bi sexual? xD To me, that's not really something that's frowned upon. Like, people only take gays as the real problem.
So if you don't want to come out to your parents, don't. And don't feel like you have to.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:00 pm
Radiant Mercy

Yes. Stated that when I asked to join.  

NutteSax

Greedy Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

vxrs

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:03 pm
Mr Never Smiles
Radiant Mercy

Yes. Stated that when I asked to join.

Oki, just making sure. c;

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:06 pm
It sounds like you're kinda on the fence about it. If you want to do this, go full speed ahead, be sure of yourself. Just be ready for the good/bad consequences. The whole scenario reminds me of this article. I mean... you know that you're not in the wrong for being bisexual. So remember: you shouldn't feel guilty at all. If you decide to tell them, add this: it is not a disease! Sexuality is not chosen, nor does it happen over time! Agree with the girls up tharr ^^^^^^ and whoever posts down tharr vvvvv 'cause I know these girls will support ya. :3  

The Maharani

Alice Kensington

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:19 pm
It feels like it would be easier to move away first, and then tell them you know? I guess I don't really feel guilty, just scared.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 pm
Is there any reason to tell them? Are you starting to see a girl? I'm assuming you're old enough to not live with them anymore. While it sucks having to hide any part of yourself to people that would love you unconditionally; it might be the best.

Disappearing won't solve anything either. Even if it is something that seems truly appealing.

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items