Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Historical Fiction
Unreal Superhero [feedback please~]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:59 pm

[ ᴜ ɴ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ʟ s ᴜ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴏ . . . . . . . . . ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:00 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxx| - U ɴ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ʟ ▪ S ᴜ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ ʜ ᴇ ʀ ᴏ - ||

It was a drab day,
                      and drab days were good. They set the stage for a good storm, and it was only amongst the flashes of thundercloud that evil would ride out. Lea loved storms. The icy thrill of getting drenched, the hissed Achtung! of of rain on the windowpane. The half-hearted sprint to get indoors, get dry and get warm. Mama's colourful scoldings, peppermint-laced with amusement.

Clouds - especially gray ones, sat like fluffy, newly-kneaded dough on her palms. Lea shaped the mounds, lifted mountains and crushed valleys, creating her kingdom. A land of hope, justice and happy endings. Heroes of old raced their steeds over distances. Swords would flash, cold steel glint in bright sunshine. And unfailingly, the storm-clouds would disperse. The thoughts baked themselves into ripe, ready fruition. Often, Lea would sit and inhale the sweetness of crafted sentences, and munch her way into the unquiet silence of a fiery dawn.

"If I had powers," reasoned the girl, "if I were a superhero, I would vanquish villains day and night. I'd save the world." The thought grew in her mind. Hazy, fog-obscured sunlight was a constant reminder of her silent promise.

The streets of Köln were set for celebration.
                      Germans. Iridescent glass. Glowing yellow stars.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:45 am

Papa
                      had just made his way back from Amerika. The road of stars was open to him, glass twinkling a welcome. Willkommen, Papa. How was the trip? Did you see anything new?
                      And most importantly: what did you bring back home for me?

His eyes were simultaneously close and faraway, a lone traveller seeing the sights one last time on the impatient run towards home.
                      Home? Unfamiliar. His little girl? All grown up.
                      But at least, they were still both children at heart. A silent reply formed on his lips as he rifled through the bag of official-looking documents.
                      Yes. Yes, of course I brought you a present.
                      Na, komm. Here. Take a look.

That had been an hour ago. Lea sat, back against the cold glass of a rain-chilled afternoon. The droplets beat a steady rhythm. A soldier's march.
                      But all was wasted on the girl. Her attention was held by the gaudy flashes of colour, an impossible reality of justice forever triumphing. Her eyes dissected the alien words, trying for an ounce of understanding. A far-flung memory of English class, the ever-present serrated edge of a teacher's voice.
                      "S-soo. Soo-pehr-mann."
                      Today, there would be no venturing outside.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Again. And again and again and again. Page by page, the girl was sucked into the imaginary world. Soon enough, she realised - the adventures were all too easy to read through, even with the foreign word-groups clouding her vision. And why? Flipping the neon-slashed pages, only one thought remained, nipping incessantly at her concentration like hungry, noisy children.
                      A happy ending.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Historical Fiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out