Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Cosplay and Tekteks
Time to retire?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:25 am
I've run into a huge dilemma, and I was wondering what you all think about this.

I've been doing Haseo Xth Form since 2008, and each year since it seems like the amount of .hack cosplayers has been decreasing. I remember going to the .hack photoshoot back in 2007 at Otakon and seeing like 25+ people there. Last year, we had like seven, I think, and that's pretty much been the amount for the last few years.

Question... Is it time to retire from .hack, or give it a go for a few more years? I think Haseo is my best costume, and I paid a few hundred dollars for it, and it's been professionally photographed. I also like being Haseo because each .hack photoshoot feels more complete with him in it from the G.U. series.

However, there's this costume that I really want, and it's worth about the same cost as Haseo, Goddess/Ultimate Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I really want to have a commissioner, or commissioners, do the entire costume with the wings and the bow/weapon. I don't have a job, and Otakon is around the corner, so I'm wondering if selling Haseo will help to get the new costume. But this Haseo costume is unique, so giving it up isn't that easy.

What do you all think? Retire or don't retire as Haseo?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:21 am
I'd wait a little longer. Just in case .hack//versus or some other .hack comes here and revitalizes the series.

Of course, I was also tricked into thinking Link would make it here, and look how that turned out. So it's really up to you.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:28 pm
If it's right around the corner, I would wait and take it for one more go. You know, as a special goodbye towards it. That's if you REALLY want to get that other one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:18 am
I'd at least wait one more year. The movie just came out on blu ray, so that should probably get subbed sometime soon hopefully. Maybe that'll revive a little interest at least for a while. If there really is nothing after this and VS then this is probably the last year you should, but at least stay with it this year ^^  

Artificial Shadows

Shirtless Fatcat

Cosplay and Tekteks

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces